Brad Gillingham's 5x5 SQ Program

Has anyone tried this program? If so, what kind of increase did you see in your squat and deadlift?

Deadlift +20kg/44lb

Squat +nothing, but that’s because I think the numbers are a bit too low.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Deadlift +20kg/44lb

Squat +nothing, but that’s because I think the numbers are a bit too low.[/quote]

That’s a pretty impressive gain! What was your DL when you started?

% on squats do seem low. I was thinking of maybe adding some moderately heavy singles after the 5 sets.

[quote]Joe Grim wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Deadlift +20kg/44lb

% on squats do seem low. I was thinking of maybe adding some moderately heavy singles after the 5 sets.[/quote]

It was quite some time ago, deadlift went from 190kg to 210kg.

Another option on the squat it to maybe pick a goal that you’d like and use that as your “max”. Obviously you wouldn’t go TOO mad. Maybe 10-20lb over your current max, but if you work hard on the cycle you should probably squat even more come test day.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Joe Grim wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Deadlift +20kg/44lb

% on squats do seem low. I was thinking of maybe adding some moderately heavy singles after the 5 sets.

It was quite some time ago, deadlift went from 190kg to 210kg.

Another option on the squat it to maybe pick a goal that you’d like and use that as your “max”. Obviously you wouldn’t go TOO mad. Maybe 10-20lb over your current max, but if you work hard on the cycle you should probably squat even more come test day.[/quote]

I might try this. Thanks for the info!