Brachialis Tendonitis

Having some tendonitis in my brachialis. Talked it over with my wife (she’s a doc), and came up with the skeleton of a plan. Was wondering if you all think elimination of deadlifting should be on the list. Bear in mind its a three week plan, not an eternal banishment.

Perhaps.

Is your pain at the elbow, or on top of the forearm?

If it hurts when you deadlift, eliminate for a couple of weeks. Anyway, many people deadlift too often. While I do think everybody should deadlift, it’s extremely demanding on the CNS and taxing the tendons, so I recommend deadlifting every 2 or 3 weeks. It will not hinder your progress, at the contrary!

[quote]TheRealMcKenzie wrote:
If it hurts when you deadlift, eliminate for a couple of weeks. Anyway, many people deadlift too often. While I do think everybody should deadlift, it’s extremely demanding on the CNS and taxing the tendons, so I recommend deadlifting every 2 or 3 weeks. It will not hinder your progress, at the contrary![/quote]

if i deadlift every 3 weeks, it hurts my progress… just saying

I have brachialis tendonitis or maybe a strain right now as well. i spent 3 months doing some very physicaly labor where i climbed trees, pull heavy objects, and had to lift heavy logs every day, combine this with newly added direct arm work and poor form on a heavy clean, and i believe i done messed up my left brachialis. most elbow flexion bugs it, so i haven’t been doing curls, chin ups, rows for almost a months now, but it hasn’t gotten better. I’ve been icing, NSAIDing, MFR, manual therapy all to no avail. what should i do? What exercises can i do to keep my back up to par while it gets better? deadlifts are a must, and they dont bother my arm