Bq, The FFB Dietary Critique

In the beginning i’d like to thank Tampa-Terry for encouraging me to start my own thread. I think it’s time to stop and take a look where i want to go with my body composition now. I’m gonna put long story short :

i’ve been really fat whole my life, when i cut the fat down i was slim, but not lean, with small amount of muscle mass.

I’m taking thyroid medicine based on t-4, 100mcg ed, got it prescribed after i cut down. Bulking comes quite hard, as i usually undereat and overtrain - eventually i end up with some muscle and some fat. I tried to cut again, to get myself where i want to be - from 200lbs i went to 180lbs in 3months (i’m over 6,2 feet - 190cm ).

I used EDT [eod, upper/lower, 1st : compound move for 5x5/10x3 than 2 PRzones and then 15-25mins of cardio) and HIIT.

I’m burnt out, pretty hard - i got to the level where my heart burnt but i could hardly sweat in the first PR. I also cut the cals to low, but i’m working it up now. My diet regime now :

6.50 get up
7.00 breakfast
11.00-12.00 - 2nd meal/snack
3.00pm - dinner
5.00pm (on training days it would be 4.30pm)
6.00pm WORKOUT
7.30pm
10-11pm pre bed snack
12pm sleep

6.50 WAKE UP
7.00 AM
scrambled eggs (5 eggs, done with no cooking fat)
some zuchinni, paprika and basil for flavor

P/F/Carbs/Cals
33/25/5/398

11.00-12.00 AM (snack meal)
2 egg whites
10mls of fish oil
P/F/C/Cals
8/9/0/130

3.00PM
200-225grams of chicken breast
broccoli 250-350grams
some lettuce/paprika to flavour
walnuts 25grams
OMEGA-3 liqiud pills - 1000mg of EPA/DHA

54/21/9/464

5.00PM
whey protein 25grams OR 100grams of cottage chees (low-fat)
cashews 25grams
pumpkin seed 25grams
29/21/6/341

7.30PM
lean beef, 200grams
veggies : brocolli OR califlower
some natural tomato sauce

50/5/8/300

10.00PM
if i’m low on protein i eat cottage cheese, if not some nuts/seed - 25grams of nuts fe. - which ads round 150cals so i get 1750cals ( i don’t know if it is ok to add fats so late but i couldn’t make it to eat enought cals in the days, i heat the sack at 12.00PM and later - i study but i work as an designer too) Is it ok?

sums up to :
180/82/28/1750

a bit on the lower end but on training days insted of this beef i would have 75grams of oatmeal with 30grams of whey protein.

I don’t know where to go now - i’m not really lean but i don’t need to be leaner, cause i won’t get naked in the public even if i would ;] I thought about hst but it seems to low on volume to keep my metabolism going.

Diet is rather no problem - i weigh everything and i can do it low/hi carbs, however i’d prefer to stay on lower carbs, i simply look better and don’t gain fat - yep, i’m an obsessed one, i know
Regards,

Doesnt look bad at all except that snack 2 eg whites and oil 8 g of protein and a mere 130 k/cals aint much. Go for 2 whole eggs youll get a bit more protein and alll the good fats and micronutrints in the egg yolks

Phill

I noticed at least two of your meals/snacks have no veggies/fruits. Is there a reason for this or are you just slowing trying to bring those into the diet?

If you are worried about carbs from fruits, I wouldn’t worry much. You want the vitamins they provide and there are some good options out there. A few berries, an apple, some grapes.

Keep in mind that fruits and veggies will help make you feel full.

Blinq, you’ve made some really nice progress. From what I’m hearing, you’re wanting to take it to the next level. What we need to do is take the good things you’re doing and build upon 'em.

What I’d like to do is put a little bit more structure into your plan and give you some hard numbers.

Let’s agree on goals first. What I would propose is that we keep you at your current weight, but reduce your body fat percentage a bit. After you’ve improved your body composition a bit, then you can bulk if you’d like.

I’d like you to pick a different type of program if you’re burnt out. We don’t need to kill you or run you into the ground to get rid of some more body fat. Instead of HIIT, I’d like for you to walk outside in the fresh air on days you don’t do resistance training. Limit resistance training to 3 days a week. So that would be 3 days of resistance training, 3 days walking and one day off per week where you do nothing. After you’re feeling strong and invincible again, you can do 2 HIIT sessions a week.?

I’d like to change the times of your meals a bit. Tell me if this works:

07:00
10:30
01:30
04:30
06:00 Workout
07:30
10:30

If it does, then on days you do resistance training, I’d like for you to follow these eating patterns …

07:00 P+C
10:30 P+C
01:30 P+F
04:30 P-Only or P + Fibrous Green Veggies
07:30 PWO P+C Meal
10:30 P+F

And on days you walk or your day off, it would look like this …

01:30 P+C
04:30 P-Only or P + Fibrous Green Veggies
06:00 Walk
07:30 P+F
10:30 P+F

If you’re 180 pounds, I’d like for you to get 180g of protein per day. 30g of protein per meal. Get as close to that number as you can.

You can have eggs every day if you like, but only for one meal. I want you to eat 6 DIFFERENT protein sources, and I’d like for at least one meal to be lean ground beef or steak.

You can have all the fiberous green veggies you want at every meal, including the P+F meals. No weighing, measuring or counting needed. There’s a list on this thread … http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1509230

Corn, carrots and peas are not on the list. They can be consumed at PWO meals or as a garnish, only.

Your fat requirements are 72g per day. As part of that 72g of fat, make sure you have 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil at one P+F meal and 1.5 tablespoons of flaxseed oil at the other.

Think of a P+C meal as a place holder for a serving of fruit. A serving is 80-100 calories.

PWO nutrition should include 60g of starchy carbs, not including the fruit. Starchy carbs are defined as oatmeal, sweet potatoes, yams, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, quinoa, or amaranth.

You’re making some good food choices, Blinq. Make the few changes I recommended above. Weigh and measure this Friday and then again the following week and let me know how you do.

For measurements, I need:

• Right Arm
  • Chest
  • Waist
  • Butt
  • Right Thigh
  • Right Calf

Thank you for your respones.

Terry, i’ll have probably problems with this meal at 1:30PM, i could get on it at 2:00PM, no big difference?

Few Qs :

1. at 4:30 i should eat a P-only meal, could it be whey protein ? Or better to add some veggies, not to let insulin go to high before workout?

2. if i keep my fats at 0,4 per lbs level i will have 72grams of them and adding 3 servings of fruit (80-100cals each) puts me on 80 carbs on non-workout days (and 1750cals) - maybe save these carbs for training days?
    as for my protein sources : it would be (in order of appearance, just like in the movie credits :wink: )
    eggs, chicken, whey, beef, cottage cheese - i do count protein from nuts too? Cause i met with some directives not to do so?

3. i like the idea of limiting hiit for now, how long these walks should last? 1h would be ok? Is it advisible to do short cardio AFTER the workouts? Say 15/25minutes?

4. as for the resistance training : should i start a similar thread in bodybuilding? I know Phil had experience with edt, too. What you think about full body edt 2x a week and 1x workout with 2x12/3x8 reps OR 1x edt full body, 1x max strength, low reps and 1x light workout? [i’ve got these ideas after re-reading Staley’s ebook)

5. One more thing : cheat meals - are they ok? I’ve read a lot and terry seems to support the idea. Lets say i cheat on friday evening - make it few slices of pizza. So if i train on friday, make it edt day with some cardio pwo should i eat normally on that day? Or fe. avoid fats (cause i’ll have my serving of them in the evening) WHat about PWO? Anyone?:slight_smile:

Thank you for your help again, regards,

Terry one more thing : would it be ok to make the 1st meal of the day scrambled eggs with veggies? With your guidelines i get round 10x calories per lbs - shouldn’t I up it a bit? Or just compensate more on training days?

Blinq, you’re right that the time of your 1:30 meal could easily be changed to 2:00. In fact, on some meals you might run late. If you do, change the times of all the meals that follow:

02:00 P+F
05:00 P-Only or P + Fibrous Green Veggies
06:30 Workout
08:00 PWO P+C Meal
11:00 P+F

And on days you walk or your day off, it would look like this …

02:00 P+C
05:00 P-Only or P + Fibrous Green Veggies
08:00 P+F
11:00 P+F

I changed the time of your workout. If that doesn’t work for you, change it back to 6:00 and eat your PWO meal as soon after your workout as possible and your meals following every 3 hours after that.

I guess I should ask you if you’re using Surge. If you are, that changes the times of your meals a bit. It would look like this:

07:00 Workout done; slam done the second half of your Surge (1 liter)
08:00 PWO P+C Meal
11:00 P+F Meal

At 4:30 i should eat a P-only meal, could it be whey protein ? Or better to add some veggies, not to let insulin go to high before workout?

Whey protein would be fine, yes. The fibrous green veggies are your hunger safety net. If you find that hunger is a problem, then you need to increase the amount of fibrous green veggies you are consuming.

… adding 3 servings of fruit (80-100cals each) puts me on 80 carbs on non-workout days (and 1750cals) - maybe save these carbs for training days?

The reason for adding the fruit is that fruit is high in fructose. Fructose is processed in the liver and refills liver glycogen store. Liver glycogen is used to maintain stable blood sugar levels and mental alertness. It evens things out so that you don’t have energy spikes and dips (or crashes in more extreme circumstances).

If you go for variety and eat richly colored fruits, they have a lot of health benefits in addition to stabilizing blood sugar and energy levels, too.

Fruit is consumed whether you work out or not. The same holds true for the 1/2 cup to 1 cup of beans you’re supposed to consume on a daily basis, too. I didn’t put the beans on your schedule above because I ask people to add beans to whatever meal they tend to be hungriest.

For some people, it’s after their workout or before bed. Other people are hungriest at lunch. So add 'em in where you need 'em most.

Your days are exactly the same, except for your PWO starchy carbs. Those starchy carbs are activity based. You get 'em any time you do resistance training. You don’t get them on days you do cardio (walking or HIIT).

I’d like to see you eating a little more than 10 times body weight. Make sure you’re consuming plenty of fibrous green veggie carbs. P and F are the same, bulking or cutting, male or female. They’re absolutes. Carbs – type, timing and amount – are what we manipulate.

Do I count protein from nuts too? Cause i met with some directives not to do so?

Yes, you can count the protein in the nuts you eat towards your protein requirements, but nuts are nutrient dense (i.e., they’re high in fat). If you eat very much, it’s going to cause you to go over on the number of fat grams you’re allowed. My recommendation would be that you put together your plan.

Pick your protein sources, add in your olive oil and flaxseed oil, and then see how many grams of fat you are missing. That’s the amount of fat you can have from nuts (or peanut butter).

i like the idea of limiting hiit for now, how long these walks should last? 1h would be ok? Is it advisible to do short cardio AFTER the workouts? Say 15/25minutes?

Any time a person gets burnt out (over trained), they need to switch out the HIIT for something less intense or drop cardio entirely. 45 minutes to one hour would be perfect. And you’re free to divide it up, too.

If you park 15 minutes out from work, you can count 30 minutes towards the time you want to spend walking each day. Add in another half hour at lunch, and you’ve got the walking part of thing totally taken care of.

Make sure to take a liter of water every time you go walking. Green tea would be better. It has health benefits, appetite suppresant benefits and is thermogenic. What’s not to love? (grin) Have it with or without Splenda.

Since you’re a bit burnt out, I’d like to see you get into the gym, do your workout, and get out!!! Forget the PWO walking. Get your PWO nutrition instead. The majority of your body composition benefits are going to come from your diet.

1. as for the resistance training : should i start a similar thread in bodybuilding? I know Phil had experience with edt, too. What you think about full body edt 2x a week and 1x workout with 2x12/3x8 reps OR 1x edt full body, 1x max strength, low reps and 1x light workout? [i’ve got these ideas after re-reading Staley’s ebook)

You can do it either way. You can ask someone you trust and respect to stop by your thread and make suggestions on your workout, or you can start a thread on the BBB forum and ask for recommendations/suggestions. I’d just like to see you rotate out what you’re doing currently and give your body a break.

HST would be good. Four exercises in a 5x5 format would be good. Stop short of failure. Your CNS is needing a rest. I’d recommend a combination of Power Drive and Spike to provide the building blocks for neurotransmitters and energy. I’d also recommend that you take off a week to 10 days for active recovery. Clean out the garage. Do some yard work. Take the kids out to the park. Do some yard work.

cheat meals - are they ok? I’ve read a lot and terry seems to support the idea. Lets say i cheat on friday evening - make it few slices of pizza. So if i train on friday, make it edt day with some cardio pwo should i eat normally on that day? Or fe. avoid fats (cause i’ll have my serving of them in the evening) WHat about PWO? Anyone?:)\

A cheat/treat/free meal is part of your plan. It isn’t a reward. If your results aren’t what you might hope for one week, it’s not something you withhold as a punishment. It’s one meal where you go out and eat something you enjoy. Take the wife out on a date. Get together with your friends. Have a beer or dessert with your meal.

Here’s how you do it. Weigh and/or measure on Friday morning, out of bed, after you hit the restroom, sans clothes if possible, wearing the same clothes if not. Then you have your cheat/treat/free meal on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, depending on what’s going on in your life.

It’s one meal and then you go back to your normal routine of eating when you start to get hungry again. I like to have my cheat/treat/free meal towards the end of the day because once I get started, I have trouble stopping. (grin) If I have it at the end of the day and go to bed, I’m totally back on track when I wake up the next day.

Would it be ok to make the 1st meal of the day scrambled eggs with veggies?

You can have whole eggs if it’s a P+F meal. You should have egg whites with 1 whole egg if it’s a P+C meal. You can have all the veggies you want at any meal (P+F or P+C). Instead of worrying about multiples of body weight, let’s see how you do with the plan as its structured.

Let me know if hunger is a problem or energy levels. Let’s see what kind of progress you make. We’ll make adjustments if needed, based on your progress (or lack thereof)

Questions? Did I miss anything? (grin)

Terry,
u wanted me to go straight-honest if i have any ‘no-no’s’, so here i come [i’m not fussy or picky but i’d like to get things clear and break out of my healthy-food-possesed-lifestyle :

I don’t intend to eat whole eggs + fruit, i’d like to switch 1st meal in the day from P+C to P+F? I can’t get egg whites in my country, and throwing out all the yolks and eating 10-12 egg whites doesn’t look good. Still, if you advice i can change things up and have the P+C in the morning(i know i need carbs but i don’t feel the energy loss from P+F meal, cause i hit the gym in the evening and ppl seem to keep it these way on anabolic diet and ckd? reason2 : the fact that my body doesn’t do too good with fats and prefer carbs in the morning is more important?).

As for the olive/flax oil - olive oil for mono-fats and flax for polys, are any substitues acceptable? Walnuts for mono’s and herrings,cashews for poly’s? Even with them i’m able to keep calories at the desired level and my 72fats would separate like :
all fats : 72grams
satured fats : 16grams
mono : 28
poly : 28

Please don’t think i’m trying to avoid oils at all cost - after ckd i did some time ago i just prefered to ‘eat my fats than drink them’ (i know, i know - it’s from bb.com :wink: )

Good thing : after few days off i’m feeling much more relaxed and the constant feeling of being tired fainted,
Regards :wink:

u wanted me to go straight-honest

I did, yes, absolutely!!! This isn’t about ME getting my way. It’s about helping YOU to put together a plan that works for YOU and that helps YOU achive your goals.

What I like to do is give people the numbers and the structure of their plan and let THEM pick out what foods they’re going to eat. Food choices and taste preferences are highly individual. I’ll give you ideas, but you are the final decision maker.

You’re right that the Anabolic Diet is very low in carbs (during the week), <30g per day. Once a person’s made the metabolic shift from being a carb burner to being a fat burner, they usually don’t have too much of a problem with energy, even though their workouts towards the beginning of the week are going to be stronger than those towards the end of the week.

Have you read any of John Berardi’s writings about P+C and P+F food combining? It’s interesting reading if you haven’t had the chance. Here’s the logic. The body is more insulin sensitive (a good thing) earlier in the day … especially when you wake up in a fasted state. As the day progresses, you become less and less insulin sensitive. That being the case, it’s better to eat your carbs earlier in the day and then switch over to P+F eating. Fat doesn’t elicit an insulin response. Any fibrous green veggies consumed aren’t going to elicit much of an insulin response.

The only thing that trumps eating P+C in the beginning of the day and P+F later in the day is when you work out later in the day. It doesn’t matter when you work out … you need to consume some starchy carbs after resistance training.

Remember, we have two goals. One is to protect LBM (muscle), and the other is to make sure you lose fat. Managing insulin helps you with both your goals.

My experience has been that people are either afraid of carbs, or they’re afraid of fat. No macronutrient (meaning fat, carbs and protein) should be avoided or vilified. Fruit, vegetables and beans have a laundry list of health benefits. But so do quality protein sources and your good fats.

So tell me what’s in your head, Blinq. Are you a bit hesitant on consuming carbs? Do you dislike fruit?

the fact that my body doesn’t do too good with fats and prefer carbs in the morning is more important?).

I didn’t understand what you meant. Could you try again or maybe explain in a bit more detail?

The best substitute for flaxseed oil is coldwater fish. Good substitues for the monounsaturated fat in olive oil is avocado and macadamia (nots or oil). Trade fat gram for fat gram. We’re just trying to get roughly equal amounts of monunsaturated, polyunsaturated and saturated fat. Your numbers (breakdown) looks pretty good.

Once you understand the rules (or maybe the goals), then you’re free to break them as you see fit. Of course, if you’re not meeting your goals and I do a dietary critique, I’m likely to point out the deviations. (grin)

Bottom line, your goals, your diet. I’m here to help. I’m glad you’re feeling better. Frying your CNS can take 6 to 8 weeks to recover from.

Questions? (grin)

Ok, you got me on this one Terry (as i mentioned, this is my problem - i’ve read and i know the temporal nutrition rules presented by Lowery and Berardi, still i just couldn’t get ON them, being afraid of carbs).
Today, chicken with serving of mandarins ;]
Thank you ;]

Still, i’ve been testing my body temp for few days and it’s pretty low in the morning and late evenings. Probably caused by lack of carbs and CNS overdrain?

To some degree carbs do help with recovery, yes.

I know you have your fears, but why not give it a shot? We’ll do it together. And truthfully, by a lot of people’s standards, I’m pretty stingy with the number of carbs I do allow/recommmend. (grin)

To get an idea of what I’m talking about, let’s look at how much white rice and how much broccoli you would have to consume to get 50g of net carbs.

Net Carbs = Total Carbs (g) - Fiber (g)

Since fiber contributes little to no energy, we can track the carbs that elicit an insulin response; i.e., net carbs.

Choices are:

On the broccoli, I looked up 100g of broccoli, which provides you with 4g of net carbs. Multiply that number by 13 to get 52g of net carbs. From there, 1300g of broccoli is equal to 2.86 pounds.

Blinq, I promise you that you can eat all the fibrous green veggie carbs you want, and they will not be responsible for FAT gain. There might be temporary WATER WEIGHT gain, but even that takes care of itself over the courese of a couple of weeks.

The same holds true for fruit and beans. I only allow them in measured amounts. They’re part of a larger plan. And truth be told, unless you are consuming all the fibrous green veggie carbs you possibly can, they’re still not enough for EDT + HIIT … even with the PWO starchy carbs I recommend.

Why don’t we keep kicking it around philosophically. I’ll keep trying to make logical and persuasive argument, and you continue to read and maybe implement things in small steps.

Terry, indeed like someone on the T-Nation wrote : you are Mother Theresa of Nutrition :wink:
I lower my gym sessions to 3 per week. I walk as u prescribed. The p+c in the morning are in. Still, one thing i’m missing are these beans - could you possibly list some examples? I should get 80-100cals from them?
Still by body temp is pretty low, lack of carbs maybe? Give it some time?

Blinq, the reason I put so much effort into explaining things and work so hard to get real buy-in is that I really feel people can’t/won’t commit to things long-term unless they understand how it will help them achieve their goals.

So good deal on the 3 sessions per week. That will help you with recovery. And just so you know, a fried CNS can take 6 to 8 weeks to fully recover.

Good deal, too, on the walking. That has its own unique set of benefits. If done outside, it will improve mood.

Re the beans, I’m not talking about GREEN beans. Chose red, pink, navy or black beans Just like with your fruit or veggies, go for variety and color. Use your beans to make soup or chili or hummus. You can serve 'em up cold on top of a salad (after marinating 'em). They’re perfect carb for anyone who is low-carbing it. You get the benefits without any of the negatives. Beans have a very low glycemic index, between 14 and 40. That’s really loooooooowwww!!! (grin)

Give it a week and report your results so that we can tweak and adjust if need be.

Go get 'em, Blinq!!! (grin)

I realize I missed a question. The body temp thing will take care of itself. Give it time, as you said.

Terry, i’m back with few questions :
my main concern is the body temp - it is still low and sometimes i just feel sluggish.
Another question : how much is a cup of beans? 100grams? 50grams? I don’t know what you understand by a ‘cup’ to be honest.
Regards,

Things can be weighed or measured volumetrically. A cup is 8 ounces by volume. When I look up the 1 cup on www.nutritiondata.com, I see a cup for different beans listed as 185g for one and 240g for another. That may have to do with whether liquid is included in the measured amount.

See if www.nutritiondata.com doesn’t help.

I’ve got an idea on the body temp. I’ll send you a PM.

I’ll post up my diet for today, so anyone could take a look what i’m doing currently and comment :wink:

7.00 P+C
turkey (150grams) with melon (200grams) + veggies
P/F/C: 30/0/80

10.45 P+C
cottage cheese + 1apple, 180grams + scallions
P/F/C: 26/0/80

14.00 P+F
mozzarella (125) with garlic, basil, veggies and spoon of olive oil + 1tbsp of fish oil
P/F/C: 35/50/7

16:30 P
Protein shake, to get round 20grams of protein cause i got a bit high on p in other meals
P/F/C: 20/1/1

19:00 P+C pwo meal (still to come today)
60grams of starchy carbs from pasta, 150grams of chicken,
1/2 cup of beans (I can eat beans in the PWO terry or better not to?)
peach, 200grams (93cals)

22:30 P+F
2 whole eggs with splenda, yummy
P/F/C: 13/10/1

total :
P/F/C :183/70/173
1998 calories

I wonder if I can eat veggies in PWO or should i skip them? I think that i should get them in as you listed pwo meal as P+C, still i know it will slow the digestion of starchy carbs.

Some miscellaneous questions …

Beans - are beans ok with every meal? Including PWO meal?

I generally recommend to people that they include their serving of beans in whatever meal they’re hungriest. Use them where you need 'em most, including your PWO meal or even breakfast or your last meal of the day, which is probably going to be a P+F meal. You would only have one serving per day, though.

PWO meal - for now i only had oatmeal but i’d like to change it up a bit. Can i have some kind of pasta? I have access to wheat durum semiola pasta and whole wheat pasta. Can I add veggies to the PWO meal, too?

Yes, you can have veggies in your PWO meal … all you want! (grin) You can even have peas, corn and carrots, which are not considered to be fibrous green veggie carbs. Corn is actually a grain, and the other two are starchier in nature.

Yes, you could have some whole wheat pasta. (grin) For a list of starchy PWO carbs you’re allowed to have, check out http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1509230

As for the cheat meal - i usually make it on fridays, after gym. Should i skip/limit the pwo meal and treat the CHEAT as some kind of pwo? (Someone asked this question on T-Nation, and it got me thinking).

I’m 50/50 on this one, but I think I lean a bit more in favor of your being able to have your cheat/treat/free meal after your workout. (grin) There are actually good arguments for (and benefits to) both options.

If i fullfil fats requirements can i have 100grams of mozzarella from time to time (as the source of saturated fat)?

Abso-darn-lutely!!! (grin)

The eggs with Splenda is a new one on me!!! (big grin)

I like the timing of your meals. I like the way you adjust along the way so that you hit your numbers by the end of the day. I like your food choices and food combining. Your numbers are dead on!!! It’s an all-around incredible job of executing, Blinq. About the only thing I could/would recommend is maybe moving the fish oil over to your last P+F meal so that you’re not getting a whole bunch of fat in one meal and very little in the other.

Tell me how you’re feeling. How is your energy and sleep? How is your recovery after a hard(er) workout? How is your mood and body temp? What kind of progress are you making as far as scale weight and inches lost?

Did I miss answering any of your questions?

Thank you again Terry, i’m having 1tbsp of fish oil and 1gram of epa/dha from capsules - so i’m going to move the o-3 capsules to the last meal of the day. The high fat meal was today caused by the mozzarella, i have simple but delicious recipe for this stuff.

As for the progress : bad news are i’ve lost 2pounds - good news are i’m more vascular even though i upped my carbs (by beans and more veggies).

I’m going to post the measures on friday, but i think my muscles are flatter - maybe due to fact that they are depleted.

As for the mood - i’m still tired, i’m going to drop EDT for a week or two, but i still think what to do instead. Anything you would suggest?
Temp is on the lower side, but sometimes it just bumps up to 98.6+ for 2-3hours. Just as you ‘prescribed’ i’m trying to sleep more : i’ve added taurine pre-workout, wit. C pre-bed + zinc and magnesium.

I’ve noticed that when i workout on lower carbs in the beginning of the workout i’m much weaker than when ‘the system activates’ after 10-15minutes. When i finish workout, before consuming PWO meal i’m sometimes angry as hell (probably pumped by cortisol).

I can get some pictures of myself if that would help - but only from my phone, so don’t expect hi-end quality :wink:

As for the eggs and splenda : i’m not picky so these recipes may be gross for someone but here you go :

Probably you know it from your childhood (every polish kid does), but i don’t know the english name : these are yolks stirred with sugar (we use sweetener instead) - of course it won’t be so puffy as with sugar, thats why we beat the egg whites and add them to the yolks stirred with splenda.

Slowly mix it in one direction. It’s raw so pay attention to buy quality eggs not to get any salmonella or stuff.

Sometimes i do my own tiramisu variation (when i was a FB - fat boy ; i ate tons of this stuff) : i stirr the eggs with sweetener, and than add some non-fat cottage cheese (but not right out of the box - use ure blender to get it smooth). Next you either add espresso or grinded coffee (real one plz, not any instant stuff, cause it contains far more carbs).

Than we add beaten egg whites and mix it all together. You can put some chocolate whey or cinamon on the top of it. Now put it in your fridge for 2hours.

If it sounds awful, don’t blame me - i can get myself to eat nearly anything ;]
Regards,

As for the progress : bad news are i’ve lost 2pounds - good news are i’m more vascular even though i upped my carbs (by beans and more veggies).

Not TOO bad, Blinq. Not anything that can’t be fixed. You’ve got some nice structure to your plan, and we’re going to increase calories slightly.

Since I’ve got you eating 0.4g of fat per pound of body weight, I’m going to up it to 0.5g of fat per pound of body weight. 0.4 to 0.5g is what John Berardi typically recommends. Since we need to increase calories, I’m going to start there.

Increase your fat requirements from 72g per day to 90g per day.

Olive Oil Requirements = 2 tablespoons per day (28g of fat)
Flaxseed & Fish Oil Requirements = 2 tablespoons per day (28g of fat)

I’d like for you to increase your carb intake by 25g. You have a choice. You can add them to your first P+Fruit meal of the day in the form of oatmeal, or you can add them to your PWO meal. But the long and the short of it is, add 25g in the form of starchy carbs to one of those two meals.

The increase in fat and carbs = an increase of 250 calories per day. If you lose weight again this coming Friday, we’ll increase calories again by 250 calories.

What are your goals, Blinq? Are you wanting to maintain weight and reduce body fat, or are you wanting to clean bulk up to a certain weight?

No, your recipe doesn’t sound awful. The more you explained, the better it sounded! (big grin) And in fact, I need to get Chef Lisa Marie to stop by and check it out. (laughing)

The fact that your temp is bumping up to 98.6 sometimes is GOOD news!!! I told you that it wasn’t going to be a fast fix. But your body is definitely responding/improving.

Good news on dropping the EDT. Do a search in the Article Library for a different program. It doesn’t matter what program you pick, so long as you aren’t doing eccentrics and aren’t going to failure. After you build yourself back up again, then you can push your limits all you want for SHORT PERIODS OF TIME!!! (grin)

I’ve noticed that when i workout on lower carbs in the beginning of the workout i’m much weaker than when ‘the system activates’ after 10-15minutes. When i finish workout, before consuming PWO meal i’m sometimes angry as hell (probably pumped by cortisol).

Let’s leave it the way it is for now with refilling glycogen stores AFTER your workout. There are arguments for consuming carbs prior to working out, but there are also benefits to consuming them afterwards. If we keep going up in 250-calorie increments to help you achieve your goals, we may eventually have to add some in prior to your workout.

Nonetheless, the changes in body comp are sounding good, and we will be making adjustments along the way … those adjustments being small increases in the amount of starchy carbs you’re consuming. I have a feeling that as things progress, your workouts will take care of themselves.