BP, SHBG, Subcutaneous Injections, Pencil Lead

If I recall correctly, he is generally in favor of once weekly, maybe twice, injections. He at least implied, maybe stated, that guys doing more were overthinking things.

Still, inject yourself twice a day if you find that works better for you. It will not hurt you.

AI should be at the very bottom, AFTER natural methods such as zinc, lemon water, DIM, ect…

See above. The AI would not be a pick for me, I was simply stating his options.

2 Likes

@anon10035199 @highpull
…I’m not a happy camper…it’s got to be E2. I gained 3 pounds since the last time I weighed myself so I’m at 180. My stamina has gone down, the amount I can lift has dropped, I’m getting in less reps per set, and I’m losing lean muscle. The most obvious indicator is that I look bloated in the mirrors.

I already take Zinc, I’ll try lemon water…anything else aside from AI’s? You’re much appreciated.

I a lot of white grapefruit juice which is a Cytochrome P450 inhibitor, predominantly on liver enzyme 3A4 which I think has something to do with the metabolism of Testosterone but I’m unsure. Dunno if it could be a culprit. Any thoughts on that?

So 19lbs in 7 weeks now? Jeez! Do you track daily caloric intake?

@highpull @systemlord @GSX250 at some point wouldn’t the water retention plateau, even if his E2 was going up? He’s not obese or even overweight so excessive E2 shouldn’t be an issue right, especially considering his low dose.

I am at 4lbs gained in 2.5 weeks since starting my protocol and I have been eatthe same daily calories for over 2 months and was holding steady until my protocol started. @hokiefloyd and I are basically same height/weight.

What is DIM?

Thanks. You’re lab results are expected any day, right? I say wait and see what they have to say.

DIM is a compound found in most cruciferous vegetables.

1 Like

Daily caloric intake is pretty low. I eat pretty healthy and push myself to the limit on workouts. I usually do 20 minutes of kicking on the heavy bag to condition my shins, break some bone down for regrowth, and warm up, but today I couldn’t go more than 10 minutes without crashing.

I rub the welts out of my shins and apply Thai boxing liniment before and after my workout and noticed a fairly significant amount of hair missing there…also concerning.

Yeah, should be soon highpull.

I just ran to the grocery store and grabbed lemons, kale, and cabbage to try and see if it’ll help with E2 reduction. I also got cranberry juice concentrate to flush out my kidneys along with apple cider vinegar…might help clear my liver.

That’s pretty vague. Most people have no idea what they are consuming until they actually track it meticulously. Not saying you haven’t done that, just saying an extra 1000 calories a day sounds like a lot but it’s not really. And that amount there would easily explain your weight gain. You mentioned above you’ve increased your intake. Food tracking can be eye opening and mind blowing. It was for me

That’s true, calorie counting is a really important factor for many of us trying to live a healthy lifestyle. I’ve always burned calories quick when I get recreational exercise or worked in physical labor. I can stuff myself with really unhealthy foods and not gain fat if I’m active. If I’m sedentary, I gain weight no matter how healthy I eat.

When I commit to a lifestyle of exercise I pretty much adhere to a strict healthy diet. An average day might look like this:

Wake up -2 servings of oatmeal + 5oz’s canned Salmon cooked with 2-4 scrambled eggs + 1/4 cup greek yogurt and/or 1/4 cup large curd 4% fat cottage cheese.

Lunch -1 peanutbutter sandwich on sprouted grain bread + 1oz mixed nuts + 1/4 cup large curd 4% fat cottage cheese + pan cooked sweet potato, potato, and onion w/2 cloves garlic

Dinner -(could be about anything really) let’s say…2 huge bean and chicken/beef burritos with onions, peppers, garlic, Tumeric, hot sauce, lettuce, tomatoes

Daily vitamins in the morning + some after working out + supplements before and after working out

That’s about it. Once a week I splurge on Bratwurst, spaghetti with Italian sausage, Chorizo or some other high fat protein.

It could be your water weight and high E2 are do to genetics.

I started with once a week injections my first week, went to twice a week starting week 2 and at week 4/5 I gained 10 lbs in what seemed like overnight. I started having high blood pressure which I had never experienced before that. I had to get vaccinations for my job and I happened to ask what my blood pressure was and she said 147/80 (I believe). I had major problems with waking up in the middle of the night, sometimes with sweats. There were other things as well that I just can’t think of at this moment . It ended up fixing itself over time (around the 2-3 month mark). You just need to give it time. It sucks to think about it that way but it goes by quicker than you think.

@dextermorgan
Sorry it took me awhile to respond. What you’ve said was very reassuring. Every symptom you mentioned I’ve experienced and it sounds like this would have resolved itself over time…but very sadly…my doctor just yanked the plug on my trt. I’ll explain in another thread later today. Thank you for taking the time to respond, these have all been reassuring experiences you’ve shared and identical to my own.