BP Journey: From Under 200 to 500

[quote]Bradzz wrote:
Looks to me you are on the right track. To go from 200 to repping 505 at 7 1/2 inches is pretty fucking amazing even if you were in your 20s. It took me over 10 years of steady lifting to hit a clean 500 lbs BP. Also lifting on a smith is smart if you dont have a spotter. When at all possible stick with the free weight though. Just be careful.

Whats your eating plan?

Brad [/quote]

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the comments. I try to eat five times a day a combination of protein, carbohydrates, vegetables, and plenty of water. I load up on as many products as humanly possible. I try to slam a protein drink every three hours or so that has around 30 or so grams of protein as the body can only metabolize so much protein. If I go any higher than 30 g my body usually craps it out and that is a lot of money to flush down the toilet (lol…) I also use Creakic, Leuckic, Halo, and NaN0. I tried using Cryotest but it has melatonin in it and it was making me too drowsy during the day. I’m not sure the rationale behind putting melatonin in a testosterone inducing supplement. I would continue to use Cryotest if it didn’t have the melatonin.

Yes, I am trying to stick with free weight and I am at 465 pound bench press with a very clean lift without lifting my butt off of the bench at all. I do about the same on the Smith rack. The problem that I encounter with the Smith rack is that it seems to be at a slight incline which is much more difficult for me as my arms are unable to change any position to compensate for the weight. Some individuals say the Smith rack is easier and that is probably true for them. However, for me, it seems to be much more difficult for whatever reason. Probably due to the slight incline and the fact that it restricts my arms to a specific position unable to compensate for the heavy weight.

That’s great that you bench over 500 pounds and it sounds like you’re the man I want to talk to you because you have actually done it. That said, what do you think about doing super heavy negatives? Do you recommend negatives? If I did negatives I would obviously have to use a power rack and would probably load up with about 550-600 pounds and bring it down slowly as humanly possible.

Thoughts?

– Bench

i’d love to see your very clean free weight 465lb bench. do you have any videos??

i really couldn’t give you any advice until i see your form.

Bench,

Thanks. It just took me a whole lot longer to get the 500 pound bench then you are going to apparently. You’ll find a lot of recommendations from guys that don’t even bench 400 – just forewarning. Sounds like you have a good eating plan. I am familiar with some of the supplements that you speak of however, nothing can replace hard work and determination. Taking an excessive amount of protein can be counterproductive as it takes a lot of energy for the body to digest. I recommend a higher level of carbs especially first thing in the morning. What is your pre-workout diet?

Bradzz

I myself would like to see a video.

This thread just seems like its so full of fail… I really badly want to be proven wrong. Some of the replies give me chills as well.

[quote]Bradzz wrote:
Bench,

Thanks. It just took me a whole lot longer to get the 500 pound bench then you are going to apparently. You’ll find a lot of recommendations from guys that don’t even bench 400 – just forewarning. Sounds like you have a good eating plan. I am familiar with some of the supplements that you speak of however, nothing can replace hard work and determination. Taking an excessive amount of protein can be counterproductive as it takes a lot of energy for the body to digest. I recommend a higher level of carbs especially first thing in the morning. What is your pre-workout diet?

Bradzz[/quote]

Hey ass clown! “Meat” has put up five.And has just put up 460 raw with a reverse grip with a pause.I myself will be putting up 400 plus raw in my next meet.So before you start running down guys on this site you beter be damn sure who you are talking about,and be willing to back up your talk.so tell us reading this what FED do you lift in if any.Is your 500 bench Raw or in gear?Yeah high carbs for a anerobic activity.Yeah every top bencher ive meet just thinks benching with a smith machine is the way to go.Does the term “stabilizers” ring any bells in regards to developing strength? Im smelling A Freaking “Troll job” in here.

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:

[quote]Bradzz wrote:
Bench,

Bradzz[/quote]
Hey ass clown! “Meat” has put up five.And has just put up 460 raw with a reverse grip with a pause.I myself will be putting up 400 plus raw in my next meet.So before you start running down guys on this site you beter be damn sure who you are talking about,and be willing to back up your talk.so tell us reading this what FED do you lift in if any.Is your 500 bench Raw or in gear?Yeah high carbs for a anerobic activity.Yeah every top bencher ive meet just thinks benching with a smith machine is the way to go.Does the term “stabilizers” ring any bells in regards to developing strength? Im smelling A Freaking “Troll job” in here.[/quote]

Hey shit for brains. Im sure this guy appreciates you fucking up his thread. I smell a little lady with pink panties who does by bulldog9899

Go back to yanking your 2 incher a$$ hole.

Brad

LOL!!!

WOW. WTF???

This is not the information I’m looking for guys. Anyway I wish you well on your lifts. Im sure you guys bench a lot no doubt about it. I’ll stick with my scrawny goal of 505. When I do it, I’ll go ahead and post it.

:smiley:

Take care

–Bench

[quote]benchaholic wrote:
LOL!!!

WOW. WTF???

This is not the information I’m looking for guys. Anyway I wish you well on your lifts. Im sure you guys bench a lot no doubt about it. I’ll stick with my scrawny goal of 505. When I do it, I’ll go ahead and post it.

Take care

–Bench[/quote]

if you really want some useful information i would strongly suggest you post a vid of your free weight bench. everything starts with form. if your form is crap, no amount supplemental, accessory or bench variations are going to help you reach your goals.

[quote]Bradzz wrote:

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:

[quote]Bradzz wrote:
Bench,

Bradzz[/quote]
Hey ass clown! “Meat” has put up five.And has just put up 460 raw with a reverse grip with a pause.I myself will be putting up 400 plus raw in my next meet.So before you start running down guys on this site you beter be damn sure who you are talking about,and be willing to back up your talk.so tell us reading this what FED do you lift in if any.Is your 500 bench Raw or in gear?Yeah high carbs for a anerobic activity.Yeah every top bencher ive meet just thinks benching with a smith machine is the way to go.Does the term “stabilizers” ring any bells in regards to developing strength? Im smelling A Freaking “Troll job” in here.[/quote]

Hey shit for brains. Im sure this guy appreciates you fucking up his thread. I smell a little lady with pink panties who does by bulldog9899

Go back to yanking your 2 incher a$$ hole.

Brad

[/quote]
Yeah? is that the best can do? Awwww, im hurt im a ass hole ? wow !tell me something I dont know.Im not dogging on him im dogging on you.Im calling you a Troll.the only one running down anyone is you when others are trying to give him advice and your telling him every one is full of shit.Like i give two shits what you think. You still havent answered the question was your bench raw or in gear.What fed do you compete.Because in your hub you list your weight at a little over 200 and a height of 6’1 .unless your all fast twitch muscle fiber I smell a lot of BS.Do you compete or are you some keyboard lifter.So quit trying to avoid the fucking question.

LOL!!!

WOW. WTF???

Take care

–Bench[/quote]
First off man im not dogging on you.First off 505 raw free weight bench isnt scrawny the only ones who think that live in internet land.There are people who know what there doing and are willing to help you out.And will back up what they say.

LOL!!!

WOW. WTF???

Take care

–Bench[/quote]

Sounds your out of this thread with no plans to post a video anytime soon.

Bulldog. Thanks man. I appreciate it. No problem Bro. I’m pretty jazzed about 505 pounds repped for three at 7 1/2 inches in the original video posted in this thread. I realized that my form probably sucks and I was obviously lifting my butt off of the mat which is a mega disqualifier in competition.

I’m probably going to stick with my plan as I have not hit any plateaus thus far. This last week I moved up the mat I am laying on an inch and did the same thing. Two weeks from now I’ll move it up another inch and try to do it again and repeat the process over and over again until I go full range at 505.

I am in no wise a competitive lifter. Just an “almost three year” rookie trying to bench over 500. :smiley:

More videos forthcoming. Stay tuned.

Thanks again Bro

– Bench

am i the only one seeing my posts?? just curious. they are on here aren’t they??

[quote]maraudermeat wrote:
am i the only one seeing my posts?? just curious. they are on here aren’t they?? [/quote]

They are here, trust me.

awaits video

am i the only one seeing my posts?? just curious. they are on here aren’t they?? [/quote]

I can’t see them…but if I could, I’m sure that I would read that they were asking for a video for you to assess his form for feedback…

lol…

Sorry maraudermeat. No offense, I wasn’t ignoring you. I’ve been trying to sort through the various threads coming from every direction. I didn’t expect these kinds of responses. Yes, I will upload a video of my free weight max as stated a few threads above when talking to bulldog. I do not have a power cage (or rack or whatever they call it) and there is no stinking way that I will do a max lift by myself as previously mentioned I lift alone. Give me a couple of weeks to get down to a gym that has a power rack and I appreciate your patience. Again I apologize as I was not ignoring your thread.

Best,

– Bench

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

They are here, trust me.

awaits video[/quote]

Dixie, Whats your max? Just curious.

-Bench

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

LOL!!!

WOW. WTF???

Take care

–Bench[/quote]

Sounds your out of this thread with no plans to post a video anytime soon.[/quote]

sufiandy, Whats your max? Just curious.

–Bench

Am I reading correctly that you think it is safer to bench in a smith rack than with free weights? I don’t understand this at all…what exactly would you do if you dropped the weight on your chest, since you would be pinned an unable to lift it off to the side or roll out from under it?