Boxing/Weight Lifting Schedule, Criticism Needed!

Hello,

My goal is to gain muscle and strength while keep improving my boxing skills
here is my schedule:
Monday: Boxing class (rope skipping, pad work, heavy bag, shadowboxing, etc…)
Tuesday: Bench press, squat, militair press- all 4x8
Wednesday: Boxing class (rope skipping, pad work, heavy bag, shadowboxing, etc…)
Thursday: Boxing class (technique, agility exercises)
Friday: BB row, Deadlift, seated row- all 4x8
Weekend: Rest

What do you guys think of it his schedule, I’ve been lifting for 2 years and boxing for a couple of months

Thanks in advance

The split looks good but there are a couple small changes I would make to the lifting days. The lift selection is good but I wouldn’t recommend 4x8 since this rep/volume range would lend itself to muscle hypertrophy first and foremost. Instead, I would keep the reps from 2-5 and use heavier weights.

Also, do you have any kind of weight progression in mind?

[quote]Loftearmen wrote:
The split looks good but there are a couple small changes I would make to the lifting days. The lift selection is good but I wouldn’t recommend 4x8 since this rep/volume range would lend itself to muscle hypertrophy first and foremost. Instead, I would keep the reps from 2-5 and use heavier weights.

Also, do you have any kind of weight progression in mind?[/quote]
Thanks, I’m trying to become a good boxer, with a good amount of strength gains and some hypertrophy would be nice

Thanks for respondingen

Hi and welcome to the sub-forum.

Boxing is all technique really. Strength is a supplement, which is great to have but not essential.

I think you can do whatever strength training you want as long as it doesn’t impinge on your Boxing training.

That’s why I advocate the use of 531.
Strength gains that allow you to walk into the boxing gym as mobile or more mobile than you were is beneficial.
Other programs that leave you aching before training are not.

Good luck