Boxing Gyms in Los Angeles?

Hey people,

So I’ve been living in LA for some time. I currently lift at the North Hollywood Gold’s. However, I live in Koreatown, near beverly hills so its a bit of a drive.

I would like to find a gym that is a boxing gym, and includes an impressive weights section. I train for powerlifting.

If nothing else, I want to find a place where I can learn how to box!

thanks

the boomster

Look up the “Hollywood Gym”, it is on La Brea just south of Hollywood Blvd. It is a gym, open 24 hours, free weights / and machine stuff, but it also houses a boxing gym. I do not have any personal experience with the gym, although I plan on visiting it tomorrow because I am looking for a new gym myself. I live very close by and I always see people coming and going carrying boxing equipment so that may be some indication of it’s success. www.HollywoodGym.com

Right across the street is Legends MMA. You could check them out as well, it is the Randy Couture / Bas Rutten MMA school. A lot has been posted about it here on this site from users of the gym. You can find their website on line as well. www.legendsmma.com

Anyway, hope some of that helped.

[quote]JimmyBoom wrote:
Hey people,

So I’ve been living in LA for some time. I currently lift at the North Hollywood Gold’s. However, I live in Koreatown, near beverly hills so its a bit of a drive.

I would like to find a gym that is a boxing gym, and includes an impressive weights section. I train for powerlifting.

If nothing else, I want to find a place where I can learn how to box!

thanks

the boomster[/quote]

An old high school classmate of mine owns Wild Card Boxing gym on Vine.

Here’s the website:

http://www.wildcardboxinggym.com/content_trainers.shtml

Thanks for the replies, fellas.

-boom

I hear Wild Card Boxing is a good gym.

Wildcard is a kickass boxing gym. But it is not for weightlifting at all. It is primarily for pros, actors who want to train in a smelly gym with the pros, future olympic-hopefuls, and grunts like myself who like to get beat up by pros.

But seriously, the total weightlifting inventory is as follows: a rickety bench pressing “rack”, a few mismatched dumbells, and a pull-up/dip stand. Oh there’s also one stationary bike and one treadmill that usually works.

Is Freddie Roach still with the gym? How’s he doing?

Yes, he still owns it and he’s still going strong. He’s a very busy man these days, but a great talent and genuinely decent guy.