Boxing Fans! Calzaghe vs. Kessler

Watch it this coming saturday…I have expectations on this fight.

Calzaghe you da man!

I am so jacked for this. It will be man’s fight, that’s for sure. I’m rooting for Calzaghe and the 1000 slap attack, but Kessler is a freaking monster. 50/50 fight in my book.

I’ve been looking forward to this one as well. The fact that both are undefeated makes it even better.

If I had to take a pick, it would be Kessler. The way he dispatched Beyer last year was impressive.

Looks like Calzaghe did it. Too bad I couldn’t see the fight here in Austria.

That was a good fight. Calzaghe deserved the win. He out boxed him but Kessler landed the bigger more hurtful shots.

I really like Calzaghe…he has the ability to get on his bike and dance his way to victory but he just loves a good scrap.

I was rooting for Kessler…but a very impressive performance by both boxers.

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
Looks like Calzaghe did it. Too bad I couldn’t see the fight here in Austria.[/quote]

Fight deserves to be seen.

I thought it was a very good fight… I didn’t think it was a typical Calzaghe fight because he seemed to be landing some hard shots. Also, Kessler landed some hard blows but Calzaghe has a tough chin.

[quote]JokerFMJ wrote:
I thought it was a very good fight… I didn’t think it was a typical Calzaghe fight because he seemed to be landing some hard shots. Also, Kessler landed some hard blows but Calzaghe has a tough chin.[/quote]

Calzaghe does hit hard although not as hard as Kessler, but with 32 kos and being the only man to put Chris Eubank on the deck, you’ve got to have some power.

He has a well documented unorthodox punching style, and he’s been plagued by hand injuries all his career which has probably affected his desire to land the big shots.

He does have power, but normally it’s quantity of punches over the power of punches that wears his opponents out.

Mind you now, I wouldn’t want him to punch me. =/

Hell of a fight. Calzaghe looks real good when he sits down on his punches. Kessler looked quicker then I expected too. The title is his when Calzaghe moves up for B Hop.

Kessler revealed he had a hand injury during the fight.

Considering he was fighing China Hands Joe who breaks his hand swatting at a fly, I would assume Joe managed to mangle his hands too.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Considering he was fighing China Hands Joe who breaks his hand swatting at a fly, I would assume Joe managed to mangle his hands too.[/quote]

Yeah these things happen.

Saw an interview with Clazaghe yesterday. Surprisingly he said he doesn’t have a single injury after the fight.

He said he hopes his next fight is with Hopkins, and that if it happens it will definitely be in America. Hopkins has said he will not fight in the UK.

Will be interesting to see how he copes with fighting away from home, especially on the big stage as he has only fought outside of the UK a couple of times.