Boxer's Cheap Shot

I think Rice has been pretty terrible in both her Bush Administration jobs, but this is a low blow. Funny to see the Democrats resorting to veiled gay-baiting when it suits them isn’t it?

A) Boxer is a douche bag. She’s a politician… what the hell did you expect? Someone was going to say it eventually. The GOP has done much worse shit, and the Dems have done much worse shit. It’s the same as the “Limousine Liberal” insult that the GOP uses on Pelosi. I wonder why no one’s up in arms over that…

B) It wasn’t a Gay jab.

C) I love how this is on the front page of the Post… and under a huge picture of sports news too…

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

It’s the same as the “Limousine Liberal” insult that the GOP uses on Pelosi. [/quote]

That label is actually quite a bit different - ‘limousine liberal’ is a jab at the brand of politics, and is not really all that personal. Boxer was making much more of a personal attack.

[quote]thunderbolt23 wrote:
That label is actually quite a bit different - ‘limousine liberal’ is a jab at the brand of politics, and is not really all that personal. [/quote]

Sure it is. How can it get any more personal than attacking somebody’s wealth? It’s also ironic to hear conservatives (who typically revere wealth above everything else) using that term as an insult.

This is a total non-story, but I understand why it interests some people… they’d rather not think serious problems like what a trainwreck we have on our hands in Iraq, and how apparently if Bush has his way, the war will spill over into Iran and Syria.

There’s an old saying “When you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is stop digging”… But instead, George Bush just requested a bigger shovel.

Lets not think about that, lets talk about something light and fluffy. Lets not talk about something important, like for instance how Condi Rice is totally in over her head and floundering as our Secretary of State. Is anybody surprised? That seems to be the Bush administration formula… surround yourself with incompetent but loyal people. But don’t take my word for it though:

from Bob Novak’s column:
“Republicans in Congress who do not want to be quoted tell me that the State Department under Condoleezza Rice is a mess. This comes at a time when the U.S. global position is precarious. While attention is focused on Iraq, American diplomacy is being tested worldwide – in Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, Korea and Sudan. The judgment by thoughtful Republicans is that Rice has failed to manage that endeavor.”

The NY Post is owned by Rupert Murdoch, the same person who owns Fox News. You might want to consider some of your sources. The NY Post attacked a Democrat, wow that’s really shocking.

Most people don’t give a crap about this kind of nitpicking, but feel free to get outraged if that’s fun for you. Forget the fact we just replaced the worst Congress in the last 50 to 100 years (most corrupt and least effective).

Those Democratic Meanies!!! She said something mean, what a bitch! Why can’t they be nice???

Fucking idiots.

[quote]Brad61 wrote:

Sure it is. How can it get any more personal than attacking somebody’s wealth? It’s also ironic to hear conservatives (who typically revere wealth above everything else) using that term as an insult.[/quote]

Well, responding to your unwavering partisan nonsense is usually a waste of time, but here goes.

Calling someone a ‘limousine liberal’ is a knock on them being a sham populist. No one is attacking ‘wealth’ - they are attacking the fraud that is pretending to be a champion of the ‘common man’ while sneering at ‘common man’ values and virtues from the the comforts of a modern palace. It is also used with frequency when describing wealthy liberals who act passionate about environmentalism, championing emissions restrictions on vehicles, all the while doing nothing to curtail their junkets on private jets that belch out more ick than an entire fleet of SUVs.

Oh, and as for conservatives revering wealth above all else - you always seem to demonstrate that you have the political acumen of a fussy high school freshman mad at The Man. Grow up.

It is also used with frequency when describing wealthy liberals who act passionate about environmentalism, championing emissions restrictions on vehicles, all the while doing nothing to curtail their junkets on private jets that belch out more ick than an entire fleet of SUVs.[/quote]

Right… because a real liberal would use a horse and buggy to get around, or even better, just walk. Go ahead and make your own distinctions… But I’ve seen plenty of right wingers scoff at how wealthy people can’t actually be real liberals… not with all that money they can’t!

And this news story is still horseshit. Who gives a flying fuck if Barbara Boxer didn’t consult Miss Manners before asking her questions, this country has real problems.

Boxer is an idiot. That kind of comment is meaningless and really shows the bankruptcy of the Democrats’ worldview.
We’re in trouble here, folks. The administration is dangerously incompetent, disingenuous and pig stubborn. The opposition has no ideas and no vision. Neither really represents the interests of teh vast majority of the American public.
Somehow the two party system has to be broken down.

Brad61 wrote:

Sure it is. How can it get any more personal than attacking somebody’s wealth? It’s also ironic to hear conservatives (who typically revere wealth above everything else) using that term as an insult.

Well, responding to your unwavering partisan nonsense is usually a waste of time, but here goes.

Calling someone a ‘limousine liberal’ is a knock on them being a sham populist. No one is attacking ‘wealth’ - they are attacking the fraud that is pretending to be a champion of the ‘common man’ while sneering at ‘common man’ values and virtues from the the comforts of a modern palace. It is also used with frequency when describing wealthy liberals who act passionate about environmentalism, championing emissions restrictions on vehicles, all the while doing nothing to curtail their junkets on private jets that belch out more ick than an entire fleet of SUVs.

Oh, and as for conservatives revering wealth above all else - you always seem to demonstrate that you have the political acumen of a fussy high school freshman mad at The Man. Grow up.[/quote]

Ok then. I actually misinterpreted the term… so… my analogy doesn’t make as much sense as I thought.

But still, this is pretty much a non-issue.

Condi Rice is a failure as SoS. Loyal to Bush, yes; competent, not even close.

Do I feel that she should be attacked for being single? No.

Do I think this is horribly despicable and uncommon? Hell no!

She can suck it up and deal with it. Had she been a democrat the accusations of not understanding family values would be flying out every other month.

[quote]Brad61 wrote:

Sure it is. How can it get any more personal than attacking somebody’s wealth?

[/quote]

Somehow I don’t think the democratic party is on the same page as you. Maybe when they support a flat tax, or some such thing. For now, they’re a bit occupied with making the wealthy pay their fair share (i.e. more than their share).

[quote]Burnham wrote:
Boxer is an idiot. That kind of comment is meaningless and really shows the bankruptcy of the Democrats’ worldview.
We’re in trouble here, folks. The administration is dangerously incompetent, disingenuous and pig stubborn. The opposition has no ideas and no vision. Neither really represents the interests of teh vast majority of the American public.
Somehow the two party system has to be broken down.[/quote]

Unfortunately, this post is spot-on. We’re probably in a lot more trouble than we want to admit.

[quote]Brad61 wrote:
thunderbolt23 wrote:
It is also used with frequency when describing wealthy liberals who act passionate about environmentalism, championing emissions restrictions on vehicles, all the while doing nothing to curtail their junkets on private jets that belch out more ick than an entire fleet of SUVs.

Right… because a real liberal would use a horse and buggy to get around, or even better, just walk. Go ahead and make your own distinctions… But I’ve seen plenty of right wingers scoff at how wealthy people can’t actually be real liberals… not with all that money they can’t!

And this news story is still horseshit. Who gives a flying fuck if Barbara Boxer didn’t consult Miss Manners before asking her questions, this country has real problems.
[/quote]

Bradley, I think the issue here w/r/t “limousine liberals” isn’t that they are wealthy, it’s due to them living in a detached reality where their extreme liberal ideas make sense. It’s always funny when I hear about libs railing against global warming and then trotting off in a Suburban. Not that global warming is a scientific fact or anything, I’m just saying.

I can think of a few shining examples of limousine liberals right off the top of my head; Sean Penn, Rosie, Barbara Strisand, Alec Baldwin, Kerry’s extremely annoying wife, Ted “the swimming instructor” Kennedy,…

[quote]Brad61 wrote:
[/quote]

The problem with Boxer’s unprofessionalism, is just that, it’s extremely unprofessional. This was nothing more that political grandstanding for the benefit of the media, period.

And before your unswayingly partisan asshairs get all riled up, I realize that this is common to politicians on both sides of the aisle, dems or republican. It’s just that I’m always hearing left wingers on this site talking about how there’s more important issues this country has to deal with.

The dems have a chance right now to show that they actually do have a real plan for America, the ball is truly in their court. We’ll just have to wait and see if they choke.

Wait and see.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:

Bradley, I think the issue here w/r/t “limousine liberals” isn’t that they are wealthy, it’s due to them living in a detached reality where their extreme liberal ideas make sense. It’s always funny when I hear about libs railing against global warming and then trotting off in a Suburban. Not that global warming is a scientific fact or anything, I’m just saying.

I can think of a few shining examples of limousine liberals right off the top of my head; Sean Penn, Rosie, Barbara Strisand, Alec Baldwin, Kerry’s extremely annoying wife, Ted “the swimming instructor” Kennedy,…

[/quote]

That’s pretty rich, accusations of “living in a detached reality” coming from your corner.

[quote]bigflamer wrote:
Brad61 wrote:

The problem with Boxer’s unprofessionalism, is just that, it’s extremely unprofessional. This was nothing more that political grandstanding for the benefit of the media, period.

And before your unswayingly partisan asshairs get all riled up, I realize that this is common to politicians on both sides of the aisle, dems or republican. It’s just that I’m always hearing left wingers on this site talking about how there’s more important issues this country has to deal with.

The dems have a chance right now to show that they actually do have a real plan for America, the ball is truly in their court. We’ll just have to wait and see if they choke.

Wait and see.

[/quote]

Did you mean to say your boy screwed up so badly that he needs the dems to pull the US out of the hole he has dug himself into?

And they better deliver, because you would be so thrilled if the dems can’t pull it of.

That’s mighty patriotic of you bigflamer.