Boxer Tracks Down Twitter Tough Guy

i keep thinking of the end of jay and silent bob strike back. this is great.

[quote]Rollsroyce13 wrote:
Im from Australia so pardon my ignorance. What’s wrong with Texas? I see numerous Texas comments across the internet and I’m just not relating to them. If someone could post a quick one sentence reply as to informing me the joke behind these Texas comments it would end my torment and prolonged suffering. thanks in adavance[/quote]

Depends who you ask. In the North it does not have a good reputation, but in the interest of not getting into a long-winded political diatribe about everything that is wrong with that still very-backward state, I will just say that George W. Bush and Ricky Perry are what’s wrong with Texas.

I’ll take them over Chis Christie any day of the week.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
I’ll take them over Chis Christie any day of the week. [/quote]

Why? Do governors that don’t need their fingers and toes to count to 20 intimidate you?

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:

Why? Do governors that don’t need their fingers and toes to count to 20 intimidate you?[/quote]

Just not a fan of Democratic wolves in Republican sheep’s clothing.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

Why? Do governors that don’t need their fingers and toes to count to 20 intimidate you?[/quote]

OH SNAP!

Off to PWI we go.

Im from Australia so pardon my ignorance. What’s wrong with Texas? I see numerous Texas comments across the internet and I’m just not relating to them. If someone could post a quick one sentence reply as to informing me the joke behind these Texas comments it would end my torment and prolonged suffering. thanks in adavance[/quote]

People feel the need to put others into neat discriminatory boxes in order to demean them so they can feel better about themselves. And then turn around and project that behavior on others to justify their bigotry.

I would say 95% of the Texas hate comes from leftists. Yes, the same people that will proudly claim how tolerant and open minded they are, will be the first to stereotype an entire state of vastly diverse people, and then turn around and call everyone else a racist to stifle conversation…

I could go on.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:

[quote]Cortes wrote:

OH SNAP!

Off to PWI we go.[/quote]

ROFLMAO!!!

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

People feel the need to put others into neat discriminatory boxes in order to demean them so they can feel better about themselves. And then turn around and project that behavior on others to justify their bigotry.

I would say 95% of the Texas hate comes from leftists. Yes, the same people that will proudly claim how tolerant and open minded they are, will be the first to stereotype an entire state of vastly diverse people, and then turn around and call everyone else a racist to stifle conversation…

I could go on. [/quote]

FightingIrish26 meet this description?

Texas is where people are moving. Both California and New York lost representation in the House over the past 10 years, and Texas gained Representation. I guess people actually like Texas.

I was in New York almost 20 years ago, and a little girl asked me if I had an Oil Derek and a Horse in my backyard. I live in the 4-5th largest Metroplex area in the Nation, Houston and Dallas seem to flip flop a lot. I could not believe that those stereotypes were actually there.

yeah, this thread went down a completely different path i thought it would take.

The only way this story could be better, is the troll was actually a really big dude and replied with his house number.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

I could go on. [/quote]

I would just like to add…And Ignorance. People have this preconceived notion of what Texas is. 90% of those people have never been there, or inherit this notion from people who have never been there.

I also loved how he live tweeted pics as he got to the troll’s block.

That dude must have been shitting himself.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

Texas is where people are moving. Both California and New York lost representation in the House over the past 10 years, and Texas gained Representation. I guess people actually like Texas.

[/quote]

Oh yes. Latinos love it. Enjoy it, because you’ve only got another 10 or 15 years before Texas turns blue.

But LO-fucking-L to the idea of New Yorkers leaving here for Texas in droves like the Beverly Hillbillies in reverse. Somehow I doubt the veracity of that idea.

This is not PWI y’all.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
This is not PWI y’all.

[/quote]

You are right. I will get away from speaking about that state’s overwhelming inadequacies and get back to talking about this…

I think the boxer was kind of a douchebag but hey, people do tend to get uppity on twitter and facebook while thinking that nothing can come of it.

It makes me kind of happy to see stuff like that, because many of the “fans” who criticize boxers have never stepped into the ring themselves - hell they never even been punched before - but will be the first ones to call a fighter a “tomato can” or a “coward” or say that he’s “scared.”

Boxing is the only sport where even if you throw the damn fight, you’re gonna get hurt. When little kids and armchair warriors make fun of them, it really pisses me off.

Reminds me of when Skip Bayless called Mayweather a coward or something because he wouldn’t fight somebody. Bayless, that total fucking pussy who cowers when anyone goes at him in person, had the balls to call an undefeated professional fighter a coward… it infuriated me.

It was after that that I started the “Put Skip Bayless in a Blender” campaign, which has yet to take off but IT WILL GODDAMNIT

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
This is not PWI y’all.

[/quote]

You are right. I will get away from speaking about that state’s overwhelming inadequacies and get back to talking about this…

I think the boxer was kind of a douchebag but hey, people do tend to get uppity on twitter and facebook while thinking that nothing can come of it.

It makes me kind of happy to see stuff like that, because many of the “fans” who criticize boxers have never stepped into the ring themselves - hell they never even been punched before - but will be the first ones to call a fighter a “tomato can” or a “coward” or say that he’s “scared.”

Boxing is the only sport where even if you throw the damn fight, you’re gonna get hurt. When little kids and armchair warriors make fun of them, it really pisses me off.

Reminds me of when Skip Bayless called Mayweather a coward or something because he wouldn’t fight somebody. Bayless, that total fucking pussy who cowers when anyone goes at him in person, had the balls to call an undefeated professional fighter a coward… it infuriated me.

It was after that that I started the “Put Skip Bayless in a Blender” campaign, which has yet to take off but IT WILL GODDAMNIT[/quote]

I told you I would work with you if you agreed to put Screaming A. Smith in the blender too.

Quid pro quo, Irish.

I get the jist of Texas now, seems pretty cool actually.

I get the jist of Texas now, seems pretty cool actually.[/quote]

HaHa! It is really

Texas is fucking awesome. I almost moved there when I was working in the Gulf. In fact, if a job hadn’t opened up close to my current home, I’d probably be there right now. One of my best friends moved from VA to TX last year and he loves it. He’s making over 100K a year and his mortgage is only $1200 (and he has a big house with a pool, not a trailer LOL). I bought a pair of Ariots when I was working in Galveston so I could have something to remind me of Texas.

As for the boxer, well he did what people SHOULD do when “anonymous” people talk shit: he challenged their anonymity to see if they still felt the same way. 99% of the time, those fucking cowards will change their tune real quick - just like this guy did. The internet would be a VERY civil place if it weren’t so easy to hide behind the cover of anonymity.