Boxer/Bodybuilder Needs Advice...

hey everyone hows it going,

well i am a hybrid of a boxer/bodybuilder , i practice boxing about 2-3 times a week and hit the gym hard with the weights ( using higher reps at the moment due to some complacations ) rate now im on a 5 day split but will be moving to a upper/lower split in a week. i have a few questions about cardio , supplements , and nutrition…

1. since i am doing boxing and bodybuilding what would be the best way to do cardio to lower my resting heartrate , develope endurence, burn fat and get all these benifits with out losing crazy amounts of muscle . also how many times a week would this be performed??

2. i was wondering what kind of supplement stack for someone in my postion so take ( never really took any supps besides creatine , fish oil , protein , multi-vit)

3. Could you recomend a nutrition book that covers eating for health , building muscle , losing fat ? (i already have the game over book , good read )

i appericate your time and knowledge , thank you

-jr

[quote]jer27 wrote:
hey everyone hows it going,

well i am a hybrid of a boxer/bodybuilder , i practice boxing about 2-3 times a week and hit the gym hard with the weights ( using higher reps at the moment due to some complacations ) rate now im on a 5 day split but will be moving to a upper/lower split in a week. i have a few questions about cardio , supplements , and nutrition…

1. since i am doing boxing and bodybuilding what would be the best way to do cardio to lower my resting heartrate , develope endurence, burn fat and get all these benifits with out losing crazy amounts of muscle . also how many times a week would this be performed??[/quote]

If you’re doing boxing 2 to 3 times a week, I would assume you’re getting plenty of cardio. Lots of jump roping and working rounds, right? Boxing and doing rounds on the bag is the best way to get in shape for boxing. If your cardio really sucks and you want to do some extra stuff, check out Waterbury’s endurance article for MMA athletes (Hammer Down: Endurance) on this site…

Beyond illegal stuff, it looks you have the basics covered. Fish oil is IMO the most important for fighting inflammation.

Precision Nutrition by John Berardi is fucking awesome. Never heard anyone, from any sport, say a bad thing about it. It’s expensive, but a life long investment.