T Nation

Boxer Adrien Broner

I want peoples thoughts on Adrien Broner

Future of the division but as far at stands he’s pretty much an inferior clone of Mayweather.

He gets hit more than May did that early in his career, isn’t as aggressive as May was in those weight divisions, perhaps has more power but it’s too early to tell. May blasted dudes pretty hard at Lightweight.

Gamboa will wreck his shit if they meet.

Good boxer, probably not going to be a great one tho. Aussie Davo pretty much summed it up.

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:
Future of the division but as far at stands he’s pretty much an inferior clone of Mayweather.

He gets hit more than May did that early in his career, isn’t as aggressive as May was in those weight divisions, perhaps has more power but it’s too early to tell. May blasted dudes pretty hard at Lightweight.

Gamboa will wreck his shit if they meet.[/quote]

I don’t know this guy has real KO power out of his 25 wins 21 are by KO! I feel he is a bit more aggressive than May at lightweight but didn’t have the same kind of footwork and agility Mayweather had but their pockets games are very similar! If anyone mimics the philly shell defense as well as Mayweather and James Toney, Broner is the closest. I see alot of fighters do it but they dont tuck their chin in to their shoulder!

Him and Gamboa would be a great fight i feel, Gamboa’s footwork would bother Broner!

But i feel he’s the future of the weight division

I’d love to see him fight Gamboa.

He does get hit WAY more than Mayweather, and he doesn’t roll punches nearly as well - Demarco is a relatively slow fighter for that weight and he tagged him plenty of times, and while Mayweather rarely takes the full brunt of a blow because he sheds so well, Broner takes the impact.

I like watching him, don’t get me wrong, but he’s not Mayweather. At lightweight, May was a killing machine, and had one-punch KO power that matched his very aggressive style at that time.

He didn’t start moving and potshotting until he hit welter and above… Broner already does that at 130/135 and that’s not a good sign as far as how fun to watch he will be.

Also, he’s short - an inch (or more) shorter than Mayweather - and his reach is not only two inches less, but he doesn’t FIGHT like a long-armed fighter, if that makes sense. He’s going to have a much, much tougher time going up in weight, and I doubt you’ll see him fight at 147 and definitely not 154.

Too early in his career to tell though. Last fight was a good one.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

He does get hit WAY more than Mayweather, and he doesn’t roll punches nearly as well - Demarco is a relatively slow fighter for that weight and he tagged him plenty of times, and while Mayweather rarely takes the full brunt of a blow because he sheds so well, Broner takes the impact.

I like watching him, don’t get me wrong, but he’s not Mayweather. At lightweight, May was a killing machine, and had one-punch KO power that matched his very aggressive style at that time.

He didn’t start moving and potshotting until he hit welter and above… Broner already does that at 130/135 and that’s not a good sign as far as how fun to watch he will be.

Also, he’s short - an inch (or more) shorter than Mayweather - and his reach is not only two inches less, but he doesn’t FIGHT like a long-armed fighter, if that makes sense. He’s going to have a much, much tougher time going up in weight, and I doubt you’ll see him fight at 147 and definitely not 154.

[/quote]

Mayweather used his feet more earlier in his career

He’s fun to watch. Anyway, He’s strong and has power, needs to just walk down dudes until he goes up in weight as that would make for some very entertaining fights but he still has some holes in his game that I think he will be able to fix and he should be a force to be reckoned with.

*edit “entertaining fights” I meant one sided beatdowns

[quote]gangstpmp3 wrote:
*edit “entertaining fights” I meant one sided beatdowns[/quote]

I agree

on side note anyone seen Keith Thurman, he’s also fun to watch.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[/quote]

Curious Irish, what do you think of Nonito Donaire?