Bowflex's Six week diet

yeah i see how youre getting hyooooge legs after reading that post about bowflex leg exercises. ill be watching out for that kick in the nuts. id kick you back in the nuts but im sure theres nothing there

ox,did you really read my post? what i said was that my legs have always been strong,even before i started training.i guess you could say i have sprinters legs.as a kid i walked,biked,ran,skateboarded everywhere.fortunately my parents never had a car.i always beat my friends in running or bike races.i also bulit my legs through lots of hard work.i have done lots of landscaping,shoveling and moving tonnes of shit,rock,clay.i preferred a wheelbarrow because it was harder.until recently i was in the film/movie biz doing lighting/elec,farmers walks almost daily with 50-80lbs of hard to hold,frozen,muddy power(welding) cable over rocks,sand,sand,snow wherever whenever.i think even if one were to max-out the bowflex(410lbs),it is still only a 410lb leg pressing movement.i don’t think you or i or most anyone on here would find that much of a challenge.i didn’t expect or want my legs to grow with the bowflex.like i said my legs grow easily.i also didn’t say i had given up iron.the bowflex is the first part of my future home gym. i would have started with a power rack and iron, but i do not have the room.the bowflex is in my living/dining room and my wife is not over-joyed about that,but i can’t fold up a rack.since we have recently moved here(toronto) and vacancy rates are .1%,hence the small apt. for now.my two favorite exercises so far are the deadlift and clean&press.i like variety in my training and life and would like to try as many different exercises and pieces of equipment as i can before i die,which may be tomorrow for all i know.someone asked a question in here or in the letters, what is/are the best way/ways to train? the response from Mr.King(i think it was him)was all of them.the point of my first post was that people are quick to condem something before actually trying it(no i don’t mean homosexuality).i think if you reread my posts you may see we actually agree.i never said the bowflex was better than iron as i don’t think it is.i said having used it that it is pretty good.i haven’t and won’t launch personal attacks because i disagree with someone.the only thing that pissed me off was calling my wife a bitch,not a very manly thing to do.even if she is a bitch(she isn’t) it has zero to do with this.ox i may not agree with your opinions but i would defend your right to express them. i’m all for a good debate,heated or not,but calling me or anyone else homo,pussy whatever because you don’t like or agree with their viewpoints is not only lame and childish at best,it is also a total cop-out.you may as well say “just because”.i’m sure you a capable of better.

Dude, stop bitching. I called you a pussy-whipped homo, but nobody called your wife a bitch. You asked “when you have a 400sq.ft apt.and your wife doesn’t like to go to gym, whadya gonna do?” Well, I (meaning me) would go to the gym without the bitch, which, by all rules of grammar, is a reference to MY wife (BTW – my wife isn’t a bitch, but she would be if she tried to not let me train). My sentence seems clearly written to me, and Mark explained it in his post perfectly, so please stop whining like a little pussy.

Man, BigJoe sounds almost like Brock Strasser!

Instead of spending all your cash on your precious supplements, why don’t you spend it on a gym membership & use whatever’s left to buy a house??

Bowflex?!? 1500cals?!? Big Boy?!? Not for long! That’s pretty funny shit man, I really hope your not serious.

ok I posted before I read the thread, which was very entertaining and funny I might add, but seriously bowflex boy, get a gym membership and a decent fat loss diet that won’t sacrifice all your muscle, I’d highly reccomend the modified t-dawg diet. Good luck.

Drax, good point. For this Pnasty guy to spend a lot of money on supplements while training on a Bowflex is like buying premium fuel and platinum-tipped spark plugs for a '74 Pinto. The money spent on a couple bottles of Tribex-500 and some Surge will get you 6 months at a YMCA. My guess is that this guy has to train on the Bowflex because he spent a lot of money on it and his wife will bitch if he doesn’t use it, especially since the machine is always in her way.

Pnasty, I called you pussy-whipped because I thought your wife just didn’t want you going to the gym. However, now that I think about it, this is your fault for spending your money on the Bowflex. I know if I purchased a new Bowflex and then didn’t use it because it sucked, my wife would bitch about the wasted money and space on a daily basis, and we’re not hurting for either. That’s just the way women are. Basically, your problem is that you fucked up buying the Bowflex, and you know you can’t sell it for anywhere near what you paid for it. Here’s what you do: Sell the Bowflex for whatever you can get, join a gym, and stop wasting your money on high-powered supplements until you are on a high-powered training regimen. Again, all women are sensitive to wasted money, so feel free to lie about how much you got for the machine (I can tell you are very defensive from your posts. If you yell at your wife trying to defend yourself, it probably won’t go over very well.) Then, when you set up your “hurtin’ room”, buy pieces one at a time (used, if possible). Start small, like with an Ironmind hand gripper. Powerblocks and a bench can come later; these should hold you over for a long time. Make it clear that these are to augment your gym training, so that you don’t have to go to the gym twice a day. Train hard, so you have some results. Powerblocks, Olympic bars, plates, and benches are pieces that you’ll use often. Also, they will hold their value, so it’ll be easier to trade up. And they’ll never be obsolete.

Big Joe,I’m not sure why you think I spend so much on supplements.I didn’t say all of Biotests’ supplements, I said the ones I need.I use Suge,Tribex occasionally, and of course AP & creatine,all of which I have been using before we made the recent aquisiton of the bowflex.I’ve used plenty of crappy supplements in the past as I bet most poeple have.I think Surge is an effective supplement,I’m not breaking the bank here.I spend most of my money on regular food.The Post from Drax was adressed to BigBoy,although it may have been intended for me.I don’t know.The PowerBlocks I think are excellent and had already planned to make them part of the homegym, which will be built around a power rack.While I appreciate your suggestions,I don’t seem to recall asking you for training advice.You read one post from me and you think you know everthing about.Who are you, another MissCleo?If I want your training advice I’ll ask for it,OK?It seems you are under the impression I am newbie.I started late(I’m 38), 5yrs ago and until my membership expired recently I have been going to the gym regularly.My first six months was following Arnolds’ Encyclopedia programs.I have gone from a pretty scrawny 145 to 185 and I am very happy with my progress so far.The gripper I don’t need as I have good grip strength.Although I would like to close a #3 or #4 someday(wouldn’t we all).Interestingly enough on the IronMind site they said most bodybuilders can’t close a #2 at first. I’ve done lots of powerholds, deadlifts,you know usual shit.I also haven’t and don’t ever plan on giving up iron if I have somehow given you that impression.I thought I made that clear in my other posts.The bowflex has it uses,but as I said from the start it not a replacement for iron.I also didn’t say I stopped using it.I don’t know where you got that.Big Joe I am being defensive,but not about the bowflex.I expected flames about the machine and have no problem with that.I have a problem with the personal attacks.I’m sure you’d feel the same if I jumped all over you for posting.So not only are you an expert on training you’re an expert on women.Give me a fucking break.I don’t lie to my wife and I sure as hell wouldn’t yell at her.What real man would? I’m glad you are not hurting for space(got it the first time)or money.Try not to be such a condescending prick.I don’t need or wan’t your advice.I’ve read alot of posts on this site and I’ve yet to see any from you anywhere else.What’s with that?I guess you figure not too many people are going to tolerate being called a homo if you don’t agree with them.Some on this thread have made that perfectly clear already.You might want to reread those.Oh and BTW I won’t be responding to anymore or your posts,not that you give a fuck.Now go stick your head back up your ass.

Here’s the dirt on Milo: He carried the 4 yr old heifer the length of the stadium at Olympia, which was about 600ft. He used his back & hips to support the weight, not his shoulder, which would have made it easier, but still super hard. Of course he was the strongest man of his time & other guys said things like ‘neither god nor man durst stand against him’. He was wrestling champ in 6 Olympic, 7 Pythian, 9 Nemean & 10 Isthmian games that period lasted about 24 years. In his 7th Olympic appearance, the wrestling competition was even cancelled because Milo dominated so badly. The story about him getting his hand stuck in a tree stump & then getting eaten alive was made up or exagerrated though.

Pnasty???,

Whoever you are, your Pnasty posts are hysterical. I was buying it until the last one. Obviously, there is no way that someone could be this much of a loser. I mean, seriously, 38 years old without enough money to even join the “Y” (hell, I’ll be close to retired by then), living in a 400 square foot apartment with a bitchy wife, and bragging about electrician school and hauling horsemeat through the airport where he works! There is no way anyone is this pathetic without being ashamed, yet this “guy” keeps providing WAY too much personal information (ammunition) with mild insults, guaranteeing responses from us. Hell, I enjoyed flaming this pretend homo. We all thank you for making this thread so entertaining.

not sure. this loser may be for real.

Bowflex Sucks!!!

Wow and Double Wow.
When I first posted this query it was to excite people to discourse. What did people think of using a wave effect combined with proven supplements as a method of weight loss. After all isn’t this the site that has discuss such diets as: The Sumo Diet, Fat Fast, The T-Dawg Diet, etc…
My mistake was to refer to a piece of equipment that is marketed to main stream america. I did this becuase I felt that because to the young demographic of this website most posters would not know of Mr. Darden or his work. The responses of some of this demographic only prove their maturity.
Pnasty walk away…Do not confuse these people with facts their minds are already made up!!! They have learned the Clinton method of attacking the messager and have drawn this post away from it’s original intent. For those of you who tried to contribute valided information, Thank you.

You’re welcome.

Sorry to “have drawn this post away from it’s (sp) original intent” (BTW, the possessive form of “it” is “its”), which was to converse about the Bowflex machine and that Darden homo’s housewife diet. Yeah, that would have been fascinating! So sorry for fucking it up with something interesting.

suc·cu·bus Pronunciation Key (sky-bs) also suc·cu·ba (-b)
n. pl. suc·cu·bus·es or suc·cu·bi (-b, -b) also suc·cu·bae (-b, -b)

1. A female demon supposed to descend upon and have sexual intercourse with a man while he sleeps.

2. An evil spirit; a demon.

I tried my friend’s Bowflex once. I didn’t think much of it.

Time to click my heels 3 times and get away from these flamers. Earth to the gay-bashers: gay men read this forum, too, and we have houses just ready to drop on you. If the truth be known, those who are the most homophobic, obviously fear homosexuality in themselves the most–or why would they emphasize it so much? Discrimination of this sort is so 20th century and has no place on this forum, “hardcore” or not.

In defense of the Bowflex, it is a nice piece of equipment especially when you have a bad back. And for your record I bought the extra attachment that lets you do Deadlifts, Squats, Shrugs, Bent Over Row, and Bench Press. Yes, you can do a lot of work to strengthen your legs. So before you answer with a high IQ answer like “Bowflex Sucks!!!” maybe you should research your response before posting it like you tell all the newbies. Please do not get me wrong I love free weights and I know the Bowflex will never fully compare to the results of a free weight. Bowflex is a safe alternative for me when my back flares up. I was in a very bad car accident with a 1500 pound Black Angus Bull, and unfortunately I am just now slowly getting back to the free weights and the Bowflex did help me out. Especially since the doctor told me I should never do a Squat or Deadlift again.