Bounty Hunters Raid Gym

[quote]Smashingweights wrote:

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:
I’m not an attorney, just a geek that has researched this before. The amount of freedom and power that bounty hunters have is almost absolute. A bondsmen or a bondsmen’s agent (bounty hunter) does not need a warrant, can cross state lines, and enter private property. If a bounty hunter kicks in your door and tears your house apart he/she has not violated any criminal laws. Your only recourse would be to sue civilly. Sucks unless you are the bounty hunter.[/quote]
Or if they busy in your house and you “don’t know they were bounty hunters and thought they were criminals here to attack you” you could just shoot and kill them.[/quote]

Yea thats the thing about not being a cop and kicking in doors, most people will fight back. I know if some random joe dressed for combat not showing a badge was on my property I would start shooting first.

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:
I’m not an attorney, just a geek that has researched this before. The amount of freedom and power that bounty hunters have is almost absolute. A bondsmen or a bondsmen’s agent (bounty hunter) does not need a warrant, can cross state lines, and enter private property. If a bounty hunter kicks in your door and tears your house apart he/she has not violated any criminal laws. Your only recourse would be to sue civilly. Sucks unless you are the bounty hunter.[/quote]
Or if they busy in your house and you “don’t know they were bounty hunters and thought they were criminals here to attack you” you could just shoot and kill them.[/quote]

No doubt. I live in Texas and won’t hesitate to “stand my ground.” Was speaking only about the legal freedoms a bounty hunter has.

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:

No doubt. I live in Texas and won’t hesitate to “stand my ground.” Was speaking only about the legal freedoms a bounty hunter has.[/quote]
Ya, I know.
I was just sayin :wink: