T Nation

Bounty Hunters Raid Gym

This blows my mind if the statements regarding the legal power Bounty Hunters have to enter private property are true. I wonder if there is more to the story, like they were looking for one of the Gym owners who gave consent to enter his property when he signed the bond.

Either way, not something I see every day at the gym.

So these guys could just go into someone’s home legally?

To think that the first thing these homos do is to run to the showers to check out the nude guys.

Phaggots.

http://fugitiverecovery.com/bail-bond-laws/directory/florida/

From what I read there It seems like its pretty easy to become a bounty hunter or bondsmen in Florida.As a general rule, they can enter the fugitive’s property, but not anyone else’s.
They must be physically aware, by sight or sound, that the fugitive is within the home, and that entering the home will not endanger anyone inside. Still seems pretty sketchy

[quote]bdocksaints75 wrote:
http://fugitiverecovery.com/bail-bond-laws/directory/florida/

From what I read there It seems like its pretty easy to become a bounty hunter or bondsmen in Florida.As a general rule, they can enter the fugitive’s property, but not anyone else’s.
They must be physically aware, by sight or sound, that the fugitive is within the home, and that entering the home will not endanger anyone inside. Still seems pretty sketchy

[/quote]

Bounty Hunters could also get shot in the face when they enter a home. The person they are trying to apprehend would get away with murder. This is not something to do lightly.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]bdocksaints75 wrote:
http://fugitiverecovery.com/bail-bond-laws/directory/florida/

From what I read there It seems like its pretty easy to become a bounty hunter or bondsmen in Florida.As a general rule, they can enter the fugitive’s property, but not anyone else’s.
They must be physically aware, by sight or sound, that the fugitive is within the home, and that entering the home will not endanger anyone inside. Still seems pretty sketchy

[/quote]

Bounty Hunters could also get shot in the face when they enter a home. The person they are trying to apprehend would get away with murder. This is not something to do lightly.[/quote]
But then you get to dress really cool, look incredibly bad ass and marry hot babes like this.

Yeah I would not hesitate to shoot someone in the face if they came into my home like that

[quote]Smashingweights wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]bdocksaints75 wrote:
http://fugitiverecovery.com/bail-bond-laws/directory/florida/

From what I read there It seems like its pretty easy to become a bounty hunter or bondsmen in Florida.As a general rule, they can enter the fugitive’s property, but not anyone else’s.
They must be physically aware, by sight or sound, that the fugitive is within the home, and that entering the home will not endanger anyone inside. Still seems pretty sketchy

[/quote]

Bounty Hunters could also get shot in the face when they enter a home. The person they are trying to apprehend would get away with murder. This is not something to do lightly.[/quote]
But then you get to dress really cool, look incredibly bad ass and marry hot babes like this.[/quote]

sarcasim? That aint a hot babe. Hanging around in chaps is not my idea of bad ass, unless you mean ass chaffing from the chaps.

[quote]Kayrob wrote:

This blows my mind if the statements regarding the legal power Bounty Hunters have to enter private property are true. I wonder if there is more to the story, like they were looking for one of the Gym owners who gave consent to enter his property when he signed the bond.

Either way, not something I see every day at the gym.
[/quote]

Shocking. Guess there are some benefits to living in Europe

[quote]Smashingweights wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]bdocksaints75 wrote:
http://fugitiverecovery.com/bail-bond-laws/directory/florida/

From what I read there It seems like its pretty easy to become a bounty hunter or bondsmen in Florida.As a general rule, they can enter the fugitive’s property, but not anyone else’s.
They must be physically aware, by sight or sound, that the fugitive is within the home, and that entering the home will not endanger anyone inside. Still seems pretty sketchy

[/quote]

Bounty Hunters could also get shot in the face when they enter a home. The person they are trying to apprehend would get away with murder. This is not something to do lightly.[/quote]
But then you get to dress really cool, look incredibly bad ass and marry hot babes like this.[/quote]

Some guys have all the luck…

That’s a pretty freaky looking gym based on the art.

Yep. Totally legal. Taylor v. Taintor, 1873. I’d read it before, but had to look it up to reference it properly. Basically, since the fugitive has received a bond from the bondsman guaranteeing his appearance in court, if he flees the bondsman is now in essence attempting to retrieve property.

Love the ‘big guys in bullet proof tac vests’ and ‘jack booted mercenaries’ comments from this dude. I wouldn’t be happy about having a gun pointed in my face, but I wouldn’t go on the news to whine about it either. Although, if I were the bounty hunter, I wouldn’t go shower to shower checking out naked dudes. Just hang in the locker room or cover the exits to see who comes out.

[quote]boatguy wrote:
Yep. Totally legal. Taylor v. Taintor, 1873. I’d read it before, but had to look it up to reference it properly. Basically, since the fugitive has received a bond from the bondsman guaranteeing his appearance in court, if he flees the bondsman is now in essence attempting to retrieve property.

Love the ‘big guys in bullet proof tac vests’ and ‘jack booted mercenaries’ comments from this dude. I wouldn’t be happy about having a gun pointed in my face, but I wouldn’t go on the news to whine about it either. Although, if I were the bounty hunter, I wouldn’t go shower to shower checking out naked dudes. Just hang in the locker room or cover the exits to see who comes out.[/quote]

Well since no one has been arrested yet, we can make an assumption that it must be legal. However, the third party (gym owner) doesn’t have a contract with he bail bondsman (the fugitive did when he agreed to the bond) so I don’t know how they were able to enter without a warrant. It sounds like they just bum rushed the place. If I were the gym owner, I would totally pursue legal action. This could harm his business.

[quote]sandos wrote:
This could harm his business.[/quote]

Only if he does business with felons that jump bail.

David Barton Gym is a super high end gym, for what the members are paying there is an expectation of privacy & safety, this will absolutely cost them membership.

As far as the bail bondsmen and 4th amendment rights, I don’t see how they can enter a private establishment that the fugitive is a member of, it’s not the fugitives residence, the gym doesn’t have a contract with the bondsmen.

I know guys who ccw in the gym, I know cops who ccw in my gym, if someone came running in with guns drawn there is a high probability they would get shot.

[quote]Adam Bomb wrote:
David Barton Gym is a super high end gym, for what the members are paying there is an expectation of privacy & safety, this will absolutely cost them membership.

As far as the bail bondsmen and 4th amendment rights, I don’t see how they can enter a private establishment that the fugitive is a member of, it’s not the fugitives residence, the gym doesn’t have a contract with the bondsmen.

I know guys who ccw in the gym, I know cops who ccw in my gym, if someone came running in with guns drawn there is a high probability they would get shot.[/quote]

The bondsman is not bound by the 4th Amendment. He is not an authority for the government.

I do not like it either, but it is the law. You want the law changed vote for someone else.

[quote]boatguy wrote:
Yep. Totally legal. Taylor v. Taintor, 1873. I’d read it before, but had to look it up to reference it properly. Basically, since the fugitive has received a bond from the bondsman guaranteeing his appearance in court, if he flees the bondsman is now in essence attempting to retrieve property.

Love the ‘big guys in bullet proof tac vests’ and ‘jack booted mercenaries’ comments from this dude. I wouldn’t be happy about having a gun pointed in my face, but I wouldn’t go on the news to whine about it either. Although, if I were the bounty hunter, I wouldn’t go shower to shower checking out naked dudes. Just hang in the locker room or cover the exits to see who comes out.[/quote]

If I wanted to apprehend a potentially dangerous fugitive at minimum possible danger to my person, the first thing I’d do is try and catch the guy while he’s completely naked. Setting aside legal and ethical questions for a moment, I personally think that trying to catch the world’s most dangerous animal while he’s surprised, naked, mostly defenseless and at a huge psychological and physical disadvantage is an excellent strategic choice.

No homo.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]boatguy wrote:
Yep. Totally legal. Taylor v. Taintor, 1873. I’d read it before, but had to look it up to reference it properly. Basically, since the fugitive has received a bond from the bondsman guaranteeing his appearance in court, if he flees the bondsman is now in essence attempting to retrieve property.

Love the ‘big guys in bullet proof tac vests’ and ‘jack booted mercenaries’ comments from this dude. I wouldn’t be happy about having a gun pointed in my face, but I wouldn’t go on the news to whine about it either. Although, if I were the bounty hunter, I wouldn’t go shower to shower checking out naked dudes. Just hang in the locker room or cover the exits to see who comes out.[/quote]

If I wanted to apprehend a potentially dangerous fugitive at minimum possible danger to my person, the first thing I’d do is try and catch the guy while he’s completely naked. Setting aside legal and ethical questions for a moment, I personally think that trying to catch the world’s most dangerous animal while he’s surprised, naked, mostly defenseless and at a huge psychological and physical disadvantage is an excellent strategic choice.

No homo. [/quote]

I dont care if I am naked.

Bring it.

I’m not an attorney, just a geek that has researched this before. The amount of freedom and power that bounty hunters have is almost absolute. A bondsmen or a bondsmen’s agent (bounty hunter) does not need a warrant, can cross state lines, and enter private property. If a bounty hunter kicks in your door and tears your house apart he/she has not violated any criminal laws. Your only recourse would be to sue civilly. Sucks unless you are the bounty hunter.

[quote]JSMaxwell wrote:
I’m not an attorney, just a geek that has researched this before. The amount of freedom and power that bounty hunters have is almost absolute. A bondsmen or a bondsmen’s agent (bounty hunter) does not need a warrant, can cross state lines, and enter private property. If a bounty hunter kicks in your door and tears your house apart he/she has not violated any criminal laws. Your only recourse would be to sue civilly. Sucks unless you are the bounty hunter.[/quote]
Or if they busy in your house and you “don’t know they were bounty hunters and thought they were criminals here to attack you” you could just shoot and kill them.