T Nation

Boucing Back from Low Estradiol

Alright guys if you read my previous post you know that I had brought my estradiol to aroun 5 or 6 around 4 weeks ago. I started feeling all the symptoms of low estrogen… I was at a dose of 100mg a week two shots of 50mg subq. I had started a testosterone clinic and they put on 200 mg of test once a week IM. I’m on week four of the Protocol and my 4th injection was Tuesday night and today I’m starting to feel soreness around my left nipple obviously a high estrogen symptom. I’m gettind bloodwork on Saturday to make sure what it is. Is there anyway my steadily could bounce back so hard In 4 weeks? Btw i got my estrogen low because I used 2 doses of .25 Arimidex to close to eachother… because of feeling high estrogen symptoms. 1st does I was feeling awesome I took it w my 50mg sq injection then I took another 2.5 days after and after that I had low E symptoms and went to take blood out and that’s how I found out.

Don’t take any AI. Most people adjust and feel fine after a few weeks. Estrogen is good. I know, most of the internet doesn’t think that, but it is (assuming you don’t have real gyno)

Leave it alone and see what happens

2 Likes

I’m sacred off ai after bringing my estrogen so low so I wasn’t really thinking of taking it, what do you mean to adjust after a few weeks? Idk of sore nipple is an adjusting symptom or real gyno.

I always get transient nipple burning sensation on new protocols, usually in the beginning and about the 4th-5th week and by the time I get to 6 weeks it never happens again.

The protocols where I get the nipple burn closer to 6 weeks, those protocols had higher estrogen after 6 weeks. You wouldn’t believe how many guys quit TRT because of a transients spike in estrogen according to the docs.

1 Like

Most people don’t really understand gyno. It’s something that takes much longer than you think to come about and if caught in time can be reversed with a 80-90% success rate using tamoxifen or raloxifene. No need to use an AI.

1 Like

Yeah for me I sure don’t understand much about this, I research a lot but still so much out there that is misleadinng. Yeah I am feeling nipple burn sensation right now. I wills get bloodwork tomorrow to see where I stand, as for now I have no intentions of using an ai.

I did my testosterone and estradiol blood test yesterday morning and have gotten the result of the estradiol already now waiting on my testosterone. I inject 200mg on Tuesday night and blood draw Friday morning I know I should do the through but wanted to see peaking levels of hormones,
Ok my estradiol level results
Estradiol is 42 pg/ml
Range is < or = 39
I did it with quest diagnostics Idk why there isn’t a low number for estradiol just the top.
I do feel all the high estradiol symptoms.
Tho not trying to use an ai. I’m waiting on test results to see how much to lower my testosterone I’m only at this high dose because I had lower my estradiol to 5 using an ai.

I would argue your e2 value is just fine. Do you have any other high e2 symptoms other than itchy nipples?

Yeah, I feel really moody, kinda depressed or sad. Last night I felt like crying :cry: idk that’s weird as hell. I feel irritable some times from being moody getting mad at stupid things. I was mad yesterday all night because my wife didn’t want to pick up my sister from her house because it was raining where as any other other day I would’ve been like hell no we’re not picking her up it’s raining! Lol

But my nipples are not itchy it’s more like a burning soreness when I press on them, I’m thinking I might be estrogen sensitive maybe???

You’re not going to have hard time convincing me, estrogen is over the ranges and you have symptoms.

Yeah, this driving me crazy any advice? I will post my testosterone result as soon as I get them cuause I know I have to lower the dose just eating to see where I’m at.

Any advise on what to do next I hate feeling like this

I had higher estrogen on SQ, it sounds like you aromatase a lot and need smaller injections ED.

You have had estrogen in the 70’s on twice weekly dosing prior and are using AI’s which are crashing your estrogen and now are dealing with high estrogen again, if you take the AI now it will start all over again and estrogen will be crashed because you are an AI over-responder.

You will probably never find a low enough AI dosage, I over-respond to 0.050 and could not even handle a fraction of this dose. You need to step off the AI induced E2 roller coaster and inject small doses daily or I don’t expect you ever feel good on TRT using AI’s.

Alright thanks

These are not estrogen symptoms they are hormones as a whole. Your body needs time to adapt. All these symptoms dissoaeared around month 3 or 4.

Stop worrying about estrogen. Your body will adapt. Jsut inject daily and put it out of your mind for a couple months.

If you had gyno as a child that’s a diff story. Even then there’s ways of going about it. Estrogen is not the only cause of gyno. It’s a imbalance of hormones. Not an imbalance of estrogen. Look at the studies and definition of gyno.

https://www.thieme-connect.com/products/ejournals/html/10.1055/s-2004-823023

“In males, it has been estimated that at best the testes can account for 15% of circulating estrogens,[80] and local production of estrogens, both intratesticular and extragonadal, is of physiological significance throughout adult life. For example, the Leydig cells[81] and other cells of the testes, including germ cells in various stages of differentiation,[82] produce estradiol, which has an important role in spermatogenesis. Estrogen production in bone appears to be as vital for the maintenance of bone mineralization and prevention of osteoporosis in men as it is in women. This is supported by studies of men with either a mutation of the gene encoding the aromatase enzyme[54] [83] or a mutation of the estrogen receptor,[53] as well as by mouse models of gene disruption. In a similar fashion, recent evidence indicates that estrogen production in one or more brain sites has a major influence on sexual behavior in males”

and…

“In the male circulation, in contrast, the levels of testosterone are at least an order of magnitude greater than those circulating in the plasma of postmenopausal women. Moreover, it is also two orders of magnitude greater than the mean levels of circulating estradiol in postmenopausal women. Given that much of the circulating estradiol is bound to sex hormone-binding globulin, it is unlikely to have a major impact on transactivation of the estrogen receptor, compared with estrogen produced locally as a consequence of conversion of circulating testosterone. Thus the uninterrupted sufficiency of circulating testosterone in men throughout life supports the local production of estradiol by aromatization of testosterone in estrogen-dependent tissues and thereby affords ongoing protection against the so-called estrogen-deficiency diseases. This appears to be important in terms of protecting the bones of men against mineral loss and may contribute to the maintenance of cognitive function and prevention of Alzheimer’s disease in men.”

"

By taking an ai we are ruining the delicate balance of hormones our body is trying to achieve.

Is there any evidence about SQ vs IM as it relates to estrogen? Have seen claims both ways and a lot of them.

1 Like

It depends on how your body responds. Sub-q raises my estrogen but also makes me have less symptoms. Daily shots erased all negative symptoms I was having. Some people have lower estrogen on sub-q. Some people need smaller amounts of T. Some need higher. Until you try it you’ll never know.