Botchamania(Wrestling Fans/Critics)

I grew up watching wrestling and I respect what they do. It’s very tough and brutal job that requires skill and passion.

BUT

You have got to watch these botches. There’s like 16 of these.

Wrestling is real!!

Weirdest thing I ever saw in pro wrestling, it was the Undertaker fighting some HUGE guy in the other pro-wrestling federation, forget his name, the guy was easily a foot taller than the Undertaker. The number of blows traded was insane and incredibly unrealistic.

I was enthralled for the whole match. It was so fake, so over the top, I just HAD to see it through.

-Gendou

I always liked pro wrestling. Always annoyed as hell when someone would say “OMG its fake!”

I wonder how they could ever watch any TV show or movie.

Wait, gasp, you mean Friends isn’t a real life documentary about 6 people who hang out?

You mean Jackie Chan isnt REALLY fighting 600 people in that movie?

I cant believe people can be entertained by things that are fake! My god!

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
I always liked pro wrestling. Always annoyed as hell when someone would say “OMG its fake!”

Wait, gasp, you mean Friends isn’t a real life documentary about 6 people who hang out?

I cant believe people can be entertained by things that are fake! My god![/quote]

Funny thing is it’s not actually as “fake” as most people think it is. All the shit hurts, and you need to be tough as hell to do it. Thats why athletes respect the hell out of wrestlers. Wrestlers are on the road 250 days out of the year putting their bodies through the ringer.

[quote]mharmar wrote:
CappedAndPlanIt wrote:

I cant believe people can be entertained by things that are fake! My god!

Funny thing is it’s not actually as “fake” as most people think it is. All the shit hurts, and you need to be tough as hell to do it. Thats why athletes respect the hell out of wrestlers. Wrestlers are on the road 250 days out of the year putting their bodies through the ringer.[/quote]

Absolutely. I’ve always said one person who will never call wrestling fake is their doctors.

Or, when you watch Mick Foley fall 12 feet off a cage through a table. Thats all just… ya know… smoke and mirrors.

The way I look at it, they’re professional stuntmen.

[quote]mharmar wrote:

Funny thing is it’s not actually as “fake” as most people think it is. All the shit hurts, and you need to be tough as hell to do it. Thats why athletes respect the hell out of wrestlers. Wrestlers are on the road 250 days out of the year putting their bodies through the ringer.[/quote]

I always gotten the same kind of enjoyment from a wrestling match as from any fighting movie. When it’s bad, it’s funny.

But when it’s good, it’s legitimately impressive, and quality storytelling. On the other hand, the WWE, ECW, WCW (all the same now) and TNA seem to really fight it out over who can claim the title for “Stupidest back-story” and “Worst script-writing”.