T Nation

Boston Bench Seminar on 7/19

Hello all. I got turned on to this forum by some of my training partners, DD, Gary, and Brian over at Southside Gym. First I’d like to say I’m glad to be here. Oh yeah, DD I am going to get you for that avatar!

Secondly, I am holding a seminar in Everett, MA just outside of Boston this upcoming Saturday. If you are in the northeast come check it out. I have a over a decade of powerlifting knowledge. It will be mostly a hands on seminar so bring your belt, wraps, and shirt. I will cover unequipped lifting as well. It is not uncommon to walk out of a hands on seminar with a pr.

Also, there will be some free giveways from my sponsors. Hope to see some of you there.

http://www.totalperformancesports.com/seminars/Vinney_08.htm

Vinnie, I was at the TPS Big Seminar with Jim Wendler, Alwyn Cosgrove, CJ Murphy, Dave Tate, etc., and briefly met you there. I was truly impressed by how someone of your caliber was willing to sit and listen to the advice of others. And I would certainly be interested in learning from you.

I am very tempted to come to this seminar, but I wasn’t sure how much time you’d spend on unequipped lifting.

For those who haven’t met Vinnie, he’s an awesome guy, and a tremendous bencher…especially when his feet are on the ground. :wink:

[quote]Modi wrote:
Vinnie, I was at the TPS Big Seminar with Jim Wendler, Alwyn Cosgrove, CJ Murphy, Dave Tate, etc., and briefly met you there. I was truly impressed by how someone of your caliber was willing to sit and listen to the advice of others. And I would certainly be interested in learning from you.

I am very tempted to come to this seminar, but I wasn’t sure how much time you’d spend on unequipped lifting.

For those who haven’t met Vinnie, he’s an awesome guy, and a tremendous bencher…especially when his feet are on the ground. ;)[/quote]

I will gladly cover both. It’s going to be mostly a hands on session so if you are on the bench unequipped that’s how I will work with you. Also, Matt Rhodes will be helping out and he said he is going to print out and bring my raw and equipped templates for those who want them.

Thanks for your kind words, hope to see you there.

Psh, it’s the gym I train at, of course I’ll be there.

I’m looking forward to it. I think his avatar is great, real cute couple.

Ok. I just registered for the seminar. See you guys on Saturday.

I suppose that means I shouldn’t do ME Bench on Wednesday…

[quote]Modi wrote:
Ok. I just registered for the seminar. See you guys on Saturday.

I suppose that means I shouldn’t do ME Bench on Wednesday…[/quote]

Yeah, you will get worked on Saturday. It’s going to be a very cool day. Look forward to seeing you there.

You’re just angry because you are the bottom in the picture.

Vinny Dizenzo chalking up for an 855 4 board with Matt Rhodes in the background handling the liftoff.

Great clinic with lots of good information!

[quote]Modi wrote:
Vinny Dizenzo chalking up for an 855 4 board with Matt Rhodes in the background handling the liftoff.

Great clinic with lots of good information![/quote]

Damn, Matt’s tall and Vinnie is just a huge human being.

The seminar was a huge success. There were 15 attendees. This was the max amount set by the gym owner as there was hands on training as part of the seminar. Thanks to all that came. It’s clear you were all there to get better.

I could not have asked for a better group to work with. There were many lifters with varying goals. I know a lot of people walked out with personal records. I covered a lot of things other than training and people seemed to get a lot out of that. Everyone appeared to leave happy. They also left with supplements from ALN and t-shirts from Inzer, thanks to my generous sponsors.

If you get a chance to attend a seminar at TPS (Total Performance Sports) up near Boston, you should. The owner Murph and the manager Laura make certain you are treated well. It’s an awesome gym as well. They support lifting, mma, boxing, conditioning, and much more. If you are up in that area, you should be training there.

Last, but not least, I owe a great deal of thanks to my training partners who came to help. Matt Rhodes helped me run the whole show. Josh and Kenny helped run a bench. Karsten one of our younger lifters, ran a bench and was doing some great coaching.

You guys are awesome, I hope I tell you all that enough. The boys also lifted very well showing what they have learned. Also, thanks to Chris who came down from Maine. He was another big help. Good luck at your meet next weekend Pop!

I hope to be putting more of these on in the future. If there’s any interest let me know and we’ll see what we can do.