Boron - All My Patients Use It and So Should You

Ive mentioned this to a lot of the people who contact me privately but let me say it here - I like to cycle boron like this - 3mg or so on for six weeks, then two weeks off totally. I take this approach to a lot of my Supplements.

1 Like

I was eating ridiculous amounts of sugar before starting T a few months ago. Shbg was 16. Changed Drs and will be getting new labs in 5 weeks. My diet is much better now and cut way back on sugar. Is it possible shbg will climb higher?

Absolutely

Can you elaborate as to your logic/reasoning for this?

Anecdotally or clinically, does anyone have any experience with adding Boron to a regimen that already includes the use of an androgen to bind SHBG (i.e. Danazol or Proviron)? Wonder if it would potentially tank SHGB that has been managed effectively?

Doubt it. It had minimal effect on mine. Some have said theirs came down enough to see on labs, but I doubt it will crash it.

Highly unlikely. How high is your SHBG?

78 at last check, but pre binding androgen (Danazol).

Notable Iā€™ve been keto for a year and was pounding almonds lol.

Andā€¦ you stopped, right? lol IF does it too.

Yes.

AND I was IF. Lol. Maybe Iā€™m lucky it was only 78.

Is the clinical relevance of keto and IF significant enough to think that alone could be the cause?

You probably have moderate SHBG, 40-50 range, and IF and Keto are putting you into the 78 range.

Yes, Keto and IF are enough to drastically increase SHBG.

1 Like

I was IF for a year. SHBG was 38.

Non IF SHBG on my last bloods was 27

1 Like

I also ā€œpounded almondsā€ prior to my attempt to find reasons behind my high SHBG. I miss them more than any snack - and even though there was NO change when I stopped Almonds, I havenā€™t returned to them just on the slight chance that they might affect me.

2 Likes

I feel low energy and lethargy on taking boron even 3-6mg per day. Have no idea whyā€¦

@jtomey77 - I searching for something on the site and re-read this. Check out the first sentence. I guess this makes sense as to why SHBG while I was 16:8 IF was higher than non IF, since part of the benefits of IF is to reduced insulin. Sounds like there is an inverse correlation to insulin and SHBG.

Interesting. Which in my mind then raises the question as to which element gets focused on in that inverse relationship the SHGB or insulin.

Personally Iā€™ve had enormous success with keto and IF. I wonder what a CKD would do to this equation?

What is CKD again?

Cyclic ketogenic diet. Carb cycling for maximum insulin, glycogen etc. benefit while continuing a principally keto diet (my oversimplification).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclic_ketogenic_diet

Would be interesting to see the SHGB benefit / offset.

Just no almonds lol.

Have you tested your pregnenolone and DHEA?

I would be interested in this as well. For me keto is the best way to lose fat and still have energy. I do If naturally as I just donā€™t eat until later in the day which helps because I donā€™t have the best diet.

DHEA-s S 12.57 Āµmol/l 4.34 - 12.20 ECLIA

Pregnenolone we cannot test in our country.

What does it have to do with boron?