Boron - All My Patients Use It and So Should You

I could go on and on about why boron matters.

Here is just one study. Every single patient begins boron treatment 6 weeks after testosterone

1 Like

What sort of dosages for those on TRT and those not please?

2 Likes

How to use with trt age 31

I think 9-12 mg a day.

Would also like to hear your thoughts on dosage, and why the 6 week delay before they start.

Also, do you have them ‘front load’ boron before dropping to a maintenance dose or just consistent throughout?

Also is there a specific form that you recommend taking? i.e liquid vs tablets?

Now foods Boron. Is this the proper product ?

This is the one im looking at

It is difficult to say a dosage - especially when you start with “9”. I read that 10 should be an upper limit per day. I have also seen an article mentioning 20mg per day 
 however I am skeptical about that dose.

There is only ONE supplement that I am aware of that has 6mg per two capsules. The rest usually have 3 mg elemental boron per two capsules. That means, to start with 9mg, you are taking six capsules per day. Not bad as long as you are not taking a handful of other supplements with it.

I have talked about the 6mg BIO IMMERSIONS supplement before, yet I am still not taking it because of how many bottles of my previous brand that I bought. Amazon no longer has it - manufactuer is Bio Immersion.

[My live link to the manufacturer was deleted by mods. It is easy to find by searching].

BIO IMMERSIONS uses a patented blend of calcium fructoborate which I have written about before as the best, with studies to support that statement.

There is ONE 6mg boron liquid that I am aware of. Apparently it has a “strong metal taste” and must be mixed with some other liquid. I have never tried it as it seems more trouble than it is worth - and is not a calcium fructoborate product. Research boron - the “type” of boron you take does make a difference.

I write on this board often about boron and SHBG; only because I have tested the results with blood work.

It is supposed to lower SHBG which would free testosterone. But it probably increases estrogen by the same mechanism.

1 Like

I use 3mg a day in most cases.

I wait 6 weeks after introducing each chemical. Never more than one at a time. Otherwise you have zero idea what’s working.

3 Likes

@physioLojik typically i am a cynic when i read we need to take ____ vitamin (so much BS in the supplement world) 
 but that link was a good read.

• do you think we dont get boron in a healthy diet?
  • have you used any boron supps and “felt” a difference?
  • any long term concerns? Desensitizing? Oversaturating?
  • would you need to take Vit D as well with the boron?

Guys low in SHBG probably shouldn’t be using boron.

Correct?

2 Likes

No it doesn’t, it actually appears to decrease circulating estradiol. This means it probably either

• affects the aromatase enzyme somewhat (blocks conversion somehow, competitive inhibition or something)
 Doubtful
  • affects the clearance rate of hormones (I’m betting this one)

SHBG doesn’t matter if it isn’t associated with any medical pathology. It fluctuates based on a myriad of factors that can change on a daily basis.

3 Likes

Interesting. Thanks for pointing this out. Is there any information by how much FT was increased? There is a study that mentions something close to 30% after seven days and 9 mg daily.

Boron isn’t new. It’s been around for ages.

I remember a decade ago it was the new thing in terms of bodybuilding. It’s old news.

Haha yea I took it for a couple months when I was about 12 after reading the exact study I just posted lol.

Doesn’t mean its not an effective supplement. Vitamin D is old news too but nearly everyone that posts blood work with vit d is deficient.

Personally boron was off my radar until this post so its new to me!

5 Likes

How do we know they are deficient? What are we measuring? Are they not getting enough or burning through the Vit D they get

Blood test. And the level is the level and if its low then they don’t have enough. Some can’t convert sunlight to D and some just dont get out without sunscreen enough of supplement at all/enough.