Born without Upper Pectorals?

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]ground control wrote:
My nephew was born without upper pecs. Its barely noticeable and he’s fairly strong for someone who doesn’t lift. He hit 225 for a couple reps just goofing off at my house but he’s pretty thick naturally.[/quote]

Post pictures. If he barely lifts, how do you know atrophy from absence?[/quote]
He has known it his whole life. The doctor pointed it out when he was born. I’m really not sure exactly which part but he is missing a portion of his pecs.

I once saw a dude onstage in competition in the 80’s without a medial delt on his left side. Really odd looking.
However, he had a HUGE gluteus maximus. Biggest ass I’ve ever seen on a bber.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]rundymc wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]zenontheterrible wrote:
there was a guy who used to fight in the ufc who didn’t have upper pecs. man he looked gross. [/quote]
pic?[/quote]

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=tra+telligman&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=rzdjT-zdM8iHrAf1kKW9Bw&ved=0CDwQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=499[/quote]

? That is a loss of his pec major. He was on a car accident as a child.

What is the deal with people logging in stating people were born without upper pecs? There would be larger deformities included with that if they were born that way.

Most likely is they are just skinny.[/quote]

yeah tra telligman had his pec removed. the guy i was thinking of was different, but i looked him up and it turns out he just had gyno (my memory was faulty on this one). here is a link. whats the matter with this guys tits - YouTube

you have them, its something that takes time though. the upper pec muscle fibres are much weaker then then lower pec fibres - so you will need plenty of focus, time and isolation to target your upper chest. inclines esp with dumbbells are the way to go. ps, avoid all decline work for now.

lol i think you would know if you were actually born missing a chunk of muscle that is normally there.

[quote]bignate wrote:
lol i think you would know if you were actually born missing a chunk of muscle that is normally there.[/quote]
Definitely! It was discovered on my nephew shortly after he was born. He has been well aware of it for his entire life.

They aren’t a separate muscle from the sternal portion, they just have a separate innervation. Thread closed.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

[quote]DazeDolo wrote:
Also i notice that when i flex my chest theres kind of a gap on the upper sides and i also feel no chest insertion there either.[/quote]
This whole issue is because you’re nearly 6 feet tall and weigh less than 160 pounds. Period.

You just need more time and patience. You do not need to use special techniques or worry about anatomical defects.

Keep training and keep eating, and check back on this “issue” when you weigh 210 and “flat bench 5 x 125, Incline db press 7 x 35, Incline flye 8 x 15” is part of your warm-up, not your top sets.[/quote]

For those of you that are interested’ the pectoralis major is composed of four portions - clavicular, sternal, costal and abdominal, where actual anatomical variants can be found. I am not talking about a Franco Columbu-esque chest but actual portions missing or extra slips present! And NO it is not necessarily associated with other physical abnormalities or pathologies so dont shit yourself if you think you have a ‘bit’ missing because more than likely you DONT’ as Chris pointed out above although it can happen in rare cases…

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:n_PWfUAAkWsJ:www.scielo.cl/pdf/ijmorphol/v29n2/art17.pdf+variants+in+pectoralis+major&hl=en&gl=ie&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShXz0mp0snYZAxwc8ms8KDcMnEcF2yOuJbFqSXhwOJIl_dc2hRRO_s_WKqno-gGU8Gh7w3HbaEefMN3qsESmk7yxEFFseNYkRSeJzmlROIZVnsubOTUPnw2xEaD9ubdInfO7ZLa&sig=AHIEtbSEn-RUcKI-K7zyyNK-S5W5ounxPw