Born W/O Rhomboid Muscles Challenge

I was wondering if I am lacking rhomboids as well… For some reason I don’t seem to be able to squeeze my shoulderblades after a couple of good months of doing rows. I in the mirror at my back when attempting to squeeze the shoulderblades and it seems like the traps are doing all the work. I tried all kinds of workout routines and I dont seem to get my rhomboids working.

Can anybody help out?

Bencook,
How is your progress?

Thanks anyone!

[quote]nickyc wrote:
I was wondering if I am lacking rhomboids as well… For some reason I don’t seem to be able to squeeze my shoulderblades after a couple of good months of doing rows. I in the mirror at my back when attempting to squeeze the shoulderblades and it seems like the traps are doing all the work. I tried all kinds of workout routines and I dont seem to get my rhomboids working.

Can anybody help out?

Bencook,
How is your progress?

Thanks anyone![/quote]

If you’ve been rowing for months w/no progress you need to get to a doctor.

Bencook,

There are a lot of intelligent, knowledgeable folk around here willing put in the effort to give you solid advice.

But are you putting in the effort?

When are you going to get a photo up? When is your doctor’s appointment booked for?

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
nickyc wrote:

Can anybody help out?

Bencook,
How is your progress?

Thanks anyone!

If you’ve been rowing for months w/no progress you need to get to a doctor.[/quote]

I was wondering if I was lacking legs because my squat has been stalled for a while. OMW DOCTOR!

I hate to use a cliche term here, but “pics or it didn’t happen”

This thread is a YEAR OLD.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
This thread is a YEAR OLD.[/quote]

Well, this is some IMPORTANT STUFF!!

Somewhere, next to the pile of lost keys and ‘left socks’, there’s a pile of lost rhomboids.

This is epidemic.

I had Mike Boyle for Adult Practicum (basically personal training class) at Umass-Boston and he said he had an athlete while at BU, a basketball player I had heard of because of his monstrous dunks, Tunji Awojobi. Anyhow, Mike said he was born without a right pec major. He could still bench a decent amount, he just had to keep his right arm tucked in a CG Bench position. This is possible I imagine…

I do have to give you props on the Aphex Twin avatar Ben Cook, good to see there is a segment of the population, no matter how small, that enjoys original music.

Years ago, I was attending a BBing competition. One of the competitors had NO front delt on his left side. He was well-developed all over, but his gluteus maximus was gigantic. An odd sight to say the least. Some of his poses were awkward, as you might imagine.

So I know this is an older post, but both my sons were born without a rhomboid major. Diagnosed by both their pediatrician and our chiropractor separately. Though the pediatrician called it Angle Wing syndrome, I don’t think that’s a thing for humans.

That said, both the chiropractor and physical therapist recommended a variety of exercises when they were young to help strengthen the serratus anterior, the trapezius, and the rhomboid minor to help them compensate.

So it is a thing.

Two children in one family with the same congenital bilateral agenesis is a syndrome until proven otherwise. A PubMed search returns nothing, so if real, it’s hella rare.

I’m baffled why the pediatrician would make up a name (or worse, borrow one from waterfowl?), rather than refer to a geneticist for a definitive diagnosis.

My best to your kids and their continued health.