Lil Greggy- Gym Pact 2019

Welcome back. If it makes you feel any better I’m probably getting further away from benching 3 plates every day. I’m not lifting until late August with the hopes of my back/hip relaxing and healing up. So far it seems that the less I do, the more I notice my tight QL. And since I don’t have any structured lifting program to follow, I don’t want to do anything. I need to do some light cardio and something to keep from withering away but I have no motivation. The things I need to do are typically the things that I skip or do at the end of the workout. So far I haven’t done anything since I decided to take a month off.

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

Hahah damn we really are in a similar boat. My PT guys said ideally I should stop lifting for 2-3 months (fuck that tho). I would drop down to 170lbs in that time, I have no doubt. And probably have a shitty diet on top of it.

I should definitely start adding back in some cardio as well. I’m thinking maybe jump rope. The motivation I had before with sprints is nowhere to be found. Hiking was pretty good for me, but realistically I can only do that once a week.

1 Like

Resting/being lazy hasn’t improved my hip one bit. Sprinting hurts. Lifting actually didn’t hurt but it definitely prolonged my issue. I’m feeling my hip pain going up and down the stairs at home. I’m at a loss. I’m considering another trip to the doctor. Maybe she can help me. She gave me an injection for my biceps tendinitis and that finally went away. Maybe the same is in order for my hip.

2 Likes

Hey man, hows it going?

Aloha brothas :raising_hand_man:t4: @Frank_C

Holy cow, look who it is! How’s that 315 lb bench coming along? Mine sucks.

Hahaha 315 is still an unrealized dream. Closest I got was 305, but now…

6 months,1 ex gf, and 5,000 miles later: I moved to NYC in January and finally started going back to the gym. Needless to say, 6 months with a trash diet and zero exercise will wreck you. When one of my buddies who hadn’t seen me since the summer came to visit me at work over the holidays they told me I looked like I’d gone through a few rounds of chemo.

Been back the gym now for a month, and slowly ramping up the intensity. I think my weight is around 180lbs right now. But just to recap: I had just reached about 200lbs prior to summer, when I went MIA from these forums (July) I had dipped down to 185ish, and then by September I was waking up at 163-165 lbs. So yeah… GLAD TO BE BACK!!!

3 Likes

2 Likes

Sheesh! Why on Earth would anyone want to leave Hawaii for NYC? We’re going through our winter here in the Midwest and all I can think about is swapping beautiful island weather for bitter cold. Why???

And since you’ve been gone and probably won’t catch up on every detail of every log, I’m 10 weeks out from hip surgery. My workouts have been a modified rehab version of CT’s Best Damn program. I might be released to start lifting with my lower body again in two weeks.

You’d think I could’ve focused on bench or something but I haven’t. I’ve been lost when it comes to body comp. I gained 10 lbs in a weekend in September and it took me til my surgery in mid-December to get rid of it. I’m now following a very slow and methodical bulking program and hoping to hit 240 lbs again down the road. That used to be my everyday weight back in college.

Hahaha yeah amazingly I’ve been loving the city so far! Living in Boston previously definitely makes the weather here seem tolerable, and luckily we’ve had a mild winter. I moved here for school (using the school gym), so might be here for a while!

Damn man, well I hope the surgery is gonna finally help you get back to some pain/discomfort-free lifting. I think I’m done with bulking up. Might go up to 190, but honestly food is so expensive here haha. Living off of protein shakes and chicken over rice right now. Just one month in has yielded some noticeable changes in body comp, but my strength really isn’t there yet. I think once I get back up to 1.5x, 2x, 2x bodyweight BP, SQ, DL I’ll just focus on athletic training. . No more nightly bourbons for this guy. Need to get back to being functional.

1 Like

I hope I’m pain free too… otherwise I just pissed away at least 25% of the year!

I’ve always gone through phases of bulk, get fat (or at least think I’m fat), then cut. I’ll give up on getting bigger and tell myself I can always get stronger so I’ll pursue that. Then I try to push heavy weights and it hurts my joints. I don’t make any progress and get flustered. Well, it’s taken way too long but I’ve finally accepted the fact that I’m going to have to gain some weight to get stronger. Over the years I’ve drifted into being “lean” and “athletic” and sticking with my current physique. Somehow I feel like I tricked myself because when I see pictures of myself I think I look skinny…definitely not big. And being big is the goal (along with the accompanying strength). So now I’ve decided to embark on this multi-year bulking journey—1.5 lbs per month until I’m happy.

1 Like

Hey man good to see you back!

What are you studying + did you bring your pooch with you?

1 Like

I’m in a postbac program for clinical psychology while I finish up an MS in Applied Behavior Analysis. Main purpose of the program is research, so I’m an RA in a couple of labs here. Interesting stuff but also tedious at times.

And, sadly, Mr Wiggles passed away this past December… coincidentally enough, today (March 2nd) would have been his 15th birthday.

1 Like

Shit. Sorry to hear that man.

1 Like

:sadpanda:

1 Like

Thanks, yeah it was rough… Miss that lil guy. Good to hear from you though Mark! How you been??

I’m sure you covered this in your log, but did you have to take any time off from work?? Hope all has been well with you and the fam

I’m good. Fatter, better at pull-ups, probably fitter, probably stronger.

3 Likes

In still off work…at least from my normal duty. I took two weeks off and I’ve been on Light Duty since then. Last week I was moved to Investigations which is the section from which our Detectives work. I’m helping a detective with his misdemeanor cases. I mostly call people and try to get them to sign an affidavit to press charges. If the victim won’t put effort in to sign that then they definitely won’t show up for court. They either sign or we close the case.

It’s pretty simple work but I’m loving it (compared to Patrol).

1 Like