T Nation

Boris Sheiko Program

extremefitness.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-20790.html

I did day 1 of this program today and it was pretty tough. The only thing is, I completed the workout much faster than the 2.5 hours the article claims it takes to do the workout.

Maybe my rest periods weren’t correct? I rested about 60-90 seconds between sets.

Any help would be appreciated.

Has anyone tried this program? It seems like it holds some promise.

Doesn’t look like anyone answered you – hope you’re still at it.

I’m in the middle of a Sheiko program quite similar to this one. Don’t worry about how long it took you – just stick to the program and don’t fart around between sets.

For next steps, look here:
www.elitefts.com/sheiko/default.asp

For experiential advice, search for ‘sheiko’ and read Hanley’s first two posts and log. If you can’t find them, PM me and I’ll send you the url list.

[quote]sdspeedracer wrote:
Doesn’t look like anyone answered you – hope you’re still at it.

I’m in the middle of a Sheiko program quite similar to this one. Don’t worry about how long it took you – just stick to the program and don’t fart around between sets.

For next steps, look here:
www.elitefts.com/sheiko/default.asp

For experiential advice, search for ‘sheiko’ and read Hanley’s first two posts and log. If you can’t find them, PM me and I’ll send you the url list.[/quote]

Thank you!

One thing: aren’t rest periods supposed to be relatively long? 90 seconds to 2:30?

[quote]dhuge67 wrote:
One thing: aren’t rest periods supposed to be relatively long? 90 seconds to 2:30?[/quote]

Take the time you need, don’t worry about specific time periods.

I’m currently doing a program Eric Talmant posted on EliteFTS (#29) and for most of the sets I’m only resting 30-45 seconds. But I’ll rest for a couple minutes if needed on some of the higher intensity sets.

Overall, I’m finishing in under 2 hours most of the time because I train late at night and I want to finish by midnight.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
dhuge67 wrote:
One thing: aren’t rest periods supposed to be relatively long? 90 seconds to 2:30?

Take the time you need, don’t worry about specific time periods.

I’m currently doing a program Eric Talmant posted on EliteFTS (#29) and for most of the sets I’m only resting 30-45 seconds. But I’ll rest for a couple minutes if needed on some of the higher intensity sets.

Overall, I’m finishing in under 2 hours most of the time because I train late at night and I want to finish by midnight.[/quote]

Awesome, thanks for the reply.