T Nation

Boris Sheiko - Beginner's Program

Hi all.

I am gonna give this program a go as i have heard some great things about it,now am i right to think i am supposed to do all this training in one session?it seems like a hell of alot of work.

1.Bench press 50% 5Ð¥1,60% 4Ð¥2,70% 3Ð¥2,75% 3Ð¥5.(34)
2.Squat 50% 5Ð¥1,60% 5Ð¥2,70% 5Ð¥5.(40)
3.Bench press 50% 6Ð¥1,60% 6Ð¥2,65% 6Ð¥4.(42)
4.Flat dumbbells �??flies�??10Х5.
5.�??Good mornings�?? (standing) 5Х5.
Total: 116 lifts

Check it out what a monster i reckon i am gonna be sore,also i only train 3x a week on this program however this has gotta be so so intense i am gonna need the time off.Is this the right program i found this link while doing the search just i heard some people have changed it alittle.

extremefitness.com/forum/bodybuilding-
strength-training/20790-boris-sheiko-
beginners-training-program-1-a.html

If some of you great guys could let me know some results you have got or give me any advice that would be great.Thanks all

Looks like T-Nation is turning into THE place to keep a sheiko log!!!

Welcome aboard…

Another sheiko, NICE!

Keep us posted!

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Looks like T-Nation is turning into THE place to keep a sheiko log!!!

Welcome aboard…[/quote]

Thanks,cool outfit i was the hulk last year for a fancy dress christmas party,chicks dig it!

I think i am ready to be superman this year!

I would first perform 8 straight weeks of preparatory training with 1 week de-load inbetween so start with:
program #29 then 1 week de-load then program #30
After program #30 work up to a your maxes plus 5%
So if your bench press max currently is 185, try and perform a max between at 190 and if possible 195.
After that i would then follow a transition cycle: Basically back to #29 but reduce the percentages by 10% and take off 1 set of each exercise.
After those 4 weeks you should be well prepped so simply perform:
#37 followed by the 5 week comp cycle. At the end of the cycle perform maxes as high as you can go. Then a 4 week transition period again.

To continue on with the year, just repeat the whole sequence.

I don’t think Sheiko is to advanced for anyone, so your certainly able to get on it. I do think it CAN, not saying it will but the possibility is there, for creating an imbalance between the flexors and extensors typically because of the neglect in direct back work. It’s quite simple to add it in, my training partners and myself use one exercise per training day and vary the grips and planes i.e. horizontal pulling, vertical pulling etc… We work 5 sets of 8 reps all the way to a heavy last set.

[quote]Axe wrote:
I would first perform 8 straight weeks of preparatory training with 1 week de-load inbetween so start with:
program #29 then 1 week de-load then program #30
After program #30 work up to a your maxes plus 5%
So if your bench press max currently is 185, try and perform a max between at 190 and if possible 195.
After that i would then follow a transition cycle: Basically back to #29 but reduce the percentages by 10% and take off 1 set of each exercise.
After those 4 weeks you should be well prepped so simply perform:
#37 followed by the 5 week comp cycle. At the end of the cycle perform maxes as high as you can go. Then a 4 week transition period again.

To continue on with the year, just repeat the whole sequence.

I don’t think Sheiko is to advanced for anyone, so your certainly able to get on it. I do think it CAN, not saying it will but the possibility is there, for creating an imbalance between the flexors and extensors typically because of the neglect in direct back work. It’s quite simple to add it in, my training partners and myself use one exercise per training day and vary the grips and planes i.e. horizontal pulling, vertical pulling etc… We work 5 sets of 8 reps all the way to a heavy last set.
[/quote]

Some sound info there dude thanks for that i shall do as you say.

I was worried a little about the non-direct back movements however i dont waorry too much as most of the compound movements involved work the whole body anyway.

I will try out #29 first!

Does anyone have any links that work direct to a site with some good info on this program or infact any good links to this type of training?

Thankyou

http://www.elitefts.com/sheiko/

I add chin-ups and bent over row to my Sheiko routines.

I’d be careful with bent over rows personally, the last thing I’d want is more stress on my lower back.

I’ve gone with dumbbell rows and fat man rows in the past.

[quote]ChaseT wrote:
http://www.elitefts.com/sheiko/

I add chin-ups and bent over row to my Sheiko routines.[/quote]

Just a question,is the program set up so that the rep is first and the set is second so if it where 5x1 that would be 1x5 instead?Just noticed that after reading the elitefts link below.

I wouldnt add bent over rows no no way i was gonna do some chins or lat pulldowns depending on how much i am fatigued by the end.(if my spelling is shit i am sorry its my second language)

Also how much if any size did you gain?i would feel this type of program would make you pack on the size aswell as strength.Wonder what it would be like on a cutting plan,bet it would be very very hard while cutting.

Russian programs have the sets and reps reversed, so 5x1 does indeed equal 1set, 5 reps.

Do your lats as part of a warm up, or super set them with flys.

Typically i don’t gain mass straight away on Sheiko, but once I come off the cycle and my body has a chance to recover and grow I’ll gain a bit.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Russian programs have the sets and reps reversed, so 5x1 does indeed equal 1set, 5 reps.

Do your lats as part of a warm up, or super set them with flys.

Typically i don’t gain mass straight away on Sheiko, but once I come off the cycle and my body has a chance to recover and grow I’ll gain a bit.[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean,during christmas period my gym closes for 15days (god dam them) so i do two weeks of planned overtraining so when i rest i grow due to the fact my body is recovering.

I think i will try this type of program for the whole year next year or try another russian program.

I am cutting starting january so i wonder what results i will get while on this program.