Boring But Big Challenge - Power Clean?

Dear Jim,

I’m a fellow lifter from Germany and i just love your books and your program and system.
Been on 5 3 1 for a couple of months and made the best gains ever, physique and strengthwise.

My Question is: I would like to run the complete Boring but Big 3 month challenge to add some more mass to my frame. Is there any possibility of integrating Power Hang Cleans and if so, would it even make sense to do so? Or should i just stick to 100% to the original outlined template?

Thank you !!

BBB sets of 10 for cleans don’t really make sense on the assistance end, but the regular 5/3/1 sets and/or jokers work just fine with Olympic lifts.

It probably wouldn’t hurt to do cleans before squat or deadlift (provided you keep your training max for cleans low) to get you more warmed up, but ask yourself why you want to keep cleans in. If you feel they are vital to your development, then keep them in. If it’s just because you like them, it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world to just not do them for 3 months and get as much out of the program as written.

I get a lot out of the boring but big templates and hope you do to, so train hard and best of luck!

Just stick to the program as written. After the 3 months are up, simply swiftch gears to something that has the power clean in it.

[quote]Jim Wendler wrote:
Just stick to the program as written. After the 3 months are up, simply swiftch gears to something that has the power clean in it. [/quote]

I’ll do that! Thank you so much!

Jim, since i’ll be starting it today, i’d like to ask you another question about this challenge. In your books you write that every pressing set should be supersetted with a pulling movement. Does this mean that i should be doing sets of pullups between my main 5 3 1 sets of the day? or just do the 5 x 10 chins per week which are supersetted with the BBB bench?

Sorry for my confusion and bad english. Thanks in advantage