T Nation

Boring But Big 3 Months

hello jimmy I want to ask you some questions about your program

The program states that it uses tm rather rm which means that for each exercise will remove 10%
For practical reasons, let's say that I have all my exercises are at 110lbs

so go to 100lbs for the first month and 50 for The Assistance Lifts

the first to mention that '' Last sets on the 5/3/1 are not taken to failure; only the required reps are done. ''
whenever the first week for example 'll do 85lbs for 5 (85% oF tm) and will end there? next week I will do 90 for 3?
there should improve from week to week as the other programs of 5/3/1

After the first month will increase 5 Lbs exercises the upper body and 10 for the lower body ? and then from there you recalculate 60 % ?

extra days in the lower body will add some kits for the calves , I think it is acceptable

these for now , thank you

[quote]g.k. wrote:

the first to mention that ‘’ Last sets on the 5/3/1 are not taken to failure; only the required reps are done. ''
whenever the first week for example 'll do 85lbs for 5 (85% oF tm) and will end there? next week I will do 90 for 3?
[/quote]

The original program has you perform 5/3/1+++. The BBB variant only wants you to do 5/3/1 (no +++ - which is considered “taking it to failure”). This is because you want to have a little left in the tank to perform 5x10 of your assistance exercises.

If you go here:
http://blackironbeast.com/5/3/1/calculator

You can type in your actual max lifts, and what variant of 5/3/1 you are doing and it will spit out your program over a 4 week period.

I hope this helps.

[quote]littlesleeper wrote:

[quote]g.k. wrote:

the first to mention that ‘’ Last sets on the 5/3/1 are not taken to failure; only the required reps are done. ''
[/quote]

The original program has you perform 5/3/1+++. The BBB variant only wants you to do 5/3/1 (no +++ - which is considered “taking it to failure”). This is because you want to have a little left in the tank to perform 5x10 of your assistance exercises.

If you go here:
http://blackironbeast.com/5/3/1/calculator

You can type in your actual max lifts, and what variant of 5/3/1 you are doing and it will spit out your program over a 4 week period.

I hope this helps.[/quote]

thank you for the answer

yes I know the page,
use it when I was in another template

Just wanted to make this clarification
that there will be progress by week by week?

since in all others programs eg did you do 100lbs for 5 reps, next week would have to do 105 for 4+ reps to improve

whenever focuses on: Removes 10% of each exercise, it goes beyond the repetition of each week, 5/3/1 / deload, after the end of the cycle increases 5/10 lbs for the upper body and the lower body and increases 10% the ancillary

but let’s say for example that I 100lbs removing 10% at the end of each cycle around again I will do the same weight? easily seen if we should stay at the same weight?

You are way over thinking this.

This is a hard challenge. Do it as is, stop worrying about lack of progress because by the third week, you will pray for a lighter weight.

It’s called a challenge for a reason.

[quote]g.k. wrote:

but let’s say for example that I 100lbs removing 10% at the end of each cycle around again I will do the same weight? easily seen if we should stay at the same weight?[/quote]

I think I understand what you are asking… When you first calculate your program you take the 10% off, and that it your training max. After that you simply add 5/10 pounds each cycle, that becomes your new training max, you do not take 10% off of that again.

Using the numbers you gave as OHP/Bench:
110 1RM = 100 TM cycle 1
105 TM Cycle 2
110 TM Cycle 3

I’m not saying it will be easy

But in the previous template

have had

summo dl 142.5kg for 1

1st week 110 for 11
2nd week 115 for 17
and in the third week of necessity had to upload kilos so I went
3rd week 135 for 11

My bench suffered and you can not reach the repetitions and even if I remove the 10%

In such cases do not go after it max out what?

Clearly, raising lb should not be 5/10 lbs in the next cycle and perhaps should be changed and into the cyclo weight

I finished the first round ,
now need to increase 5kg for exercises of lower boddy and 2.5kg for exercise of the upper body as the other programs of 5/3/1 and then calculates the 60 % oF new tm?
or the weight of the first exercise staying in all circles the same ? and changes by 10% only the second exercise ?

for example 1st cycle bp 100kg tm

85/90/95 5/3/1 and 50kg 5x10

2nd cycle is 102.5 and 87.5/92.5/97.5 and 61.5 5x10 ?

because here https://blackironbeast.com/5/3/1/calculator it changes only the 2nd exersice as i see…

[quote]g.k. wrote:
I finished the first round ,
now need to increase 5kg for exercises of lower boddy and 2.5kg for exercise of the upper body as the other programs of 5/3/1 and then calculates the 60 % oF new tm?
or the weight of the first exercise staying in all circles the same ? and changes by 10% only the second exercise ?

for example 1st cycle bp 100kg tm

85/90/95 5/3/1 and 50kg 5x10

2nd cycle is 102.5 and 87.5/92.5/97.5 and 61.5 5x10 ?

because here https://blackironbeast.com/5/3/1/calculator it changes only the 2nd exersice as i see…[/quote]

I think you are 100% overthinking this.

The template is simply that, a template. Fill out the information with blackironbeast, with your true 1RM (DO NOT OVERSHOOT). Then PRINT the template.

If your 5/3/1 sets feel too light, add weight. If your 5/3/1 sets feel too heavy, drop weight. If your accessory sets feel too light, add weight. If your 5/3/1 sets feel to heavy, drop weight.

After a cycle, increase your 1RM weight or TM (depending on the individual and their progress) by 5 or 10lbs.

This is only as difficult as you make it.