Borderline Superhero

Here is my attempt at logging my workouts. “Borderline Superhero” represents my long term goal. A combination of size, strength, speed and leanness. I am not a bodybuilder, or a powerlifter. I want to be strong and look strong. That is all.

After a two year layoff, and a year of just trying to get back to a baseline and be injury free, I am where I am at now. Goal is to go back to the basics and start over. Here is a pic from this morning, around 175. Right now it is 6 weeks of full body basic workouts and around 3k calories a day. I will do this for about 6 weeks before I change workouts. I will be in a calorie surplus until my waist hits 32.5 inches.

I am pretty bad at keeping logs and tracking, so worst case senario this becomes more of a diary of sorts.

Few rules about this log just in case anyone follows along:

No negativy or flaming, but sarcastic banter is welcomed and encouraged
No arguing training philosophies
No giving of unsolicited advice(me included)
No telling me to pull my pants up as there will be tons of underwear selfies. deal with it.

Thanks.

Here is the current, as of this morning semi relaxed.

Last weeks break in workouts back to full body

Tuesday
BB Back Squats
5x5
Push Press
5x5
Dead Hang pull ups
5x5
Curls/Tri Extensions
3x8

Thurs
Deadlift
5x5
Flat BB Bench
5x5
Cable Row
5x5

Sat
Power Cleans
5x5
Push Press
5x5
Front Squats
5x5
Standing Calf Raise
3x8
Farmer’s Walk
4 sets

Sun(conditioning)
Built a 3inch Slosh Pipe and did 30 min of just playing with it. Overhead Squats, Zercher Carries, Front Squat to Over Head press etc.

[quote]Waittz wrote:
I want to look like SteelNation[/quote]
Shortened that intro for you :wink:

Looking forward to this log.

OMG COOL!! I Wanna look like a superhero too!!

Well actually maybe more like Demona from gargoyles.
She’s a hero in my eyes anyway.

K FOLLOWING.

[quote]Spock81 wrote:
OMG COOL!! I Wanna look like a superhero too!!

Well actually maybe more like Demona from gargoyles.
She’s a hero in my eyes anyway.

K FOLLOWING.[/quote]

This one is just for you Spock. The part of the picture I cropped out…

I’m in. Didn’t know you looked so model-ly.

IN.

Mirin’ arms and hair aesthetics

Count me in as a 'mirer.

Barbell incline bench
185x5
185x5
185x5
195x5
205x5

Bent over barbell rows
185x5
195x5
205x5
215x5
215x5

Snatch grip deadlifts from a 6inch platform
185x5
205x5
225x5
245x5
265x5

Face pulls
3x8

Triceps rope press down
3x8

Cross body hammer curls

3x8

Used the hook grip for the deads, 3rd time trying that grip, getting much better. Also I hit myself in the nuts really hard doing the deads on one set. Just wanted to share.

@spart4ee I will assume that’s a compliment? So thanks?

@spidey that’s right out of bed after my morning poop. Imagine how the plumage looks with product in it.

[quote]Waittz wrote:
@spart4ee I will assume that’s a compliment? So thanks?
[/quote]
Of course. You’re a very handsome man. #nohomo

Hashtag kind of cancels it out though.

Im in as we have similar goals.

tweet

For those of you ‘in’ just a fair warning about the gratuitous use of comic puns.

Here is a back pic from last night.

Current Superhero status: Captain Butt Sweat

Upperback/Traps is one of the areas I really want to exaggerate on my build so there will be a big focus on cleans. I want to start adding in Overhead squats and high pulls as well, but for now untill I can master the broom stick I will just be practicing the movements for now.

This morning was a 35 min walk with the dogs, and tonight will be a 30 min conditioning session that will consist of broom stick work, speed roping and slosh piping…oh joy…

Cals leaked into the 3500 range yesterday, so ill be back to baseline of around 2700 today to even out. morning weight was up to 178, but thinking that had more to do with the 450g+ carbs yesterday.

Did I miss how tall you are?

Also I very much like your workouts. Simple, but obviously effective.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
Did I miss how tall you are?

Also I very much like your workouts. Simple, but obviously effective. [/quote]

Never mentioned it, 5’7". About the workouts, part of my two year layoff involved 2 torn pecs, a dislocated shoulder and a hernia. I finally feel back together again so im just going back to the basics. There was a time when I could bench 315 DL 495 raw and OLY squat ass to grass 315x6 at 180. Until I am back to that foundational level ill be keeping it simple. Probably take about a year or so to get there, nice and slow, avoid injuries(this is why my bench is low right now, fear).

Traditionally in the past I would cycle between TBT, a basic UPPER/LOWER split and a Movement path split. As my work capcity improves, you’ll see more alternating sets, super sets etc. But everything is and will be pretty basic. I just like to lift waittz…

1 Like

How’d you address the shoulder? Damn you got fucked up. I’ve had my fair share of injuries. How are they affecting you now?

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
How’d you address the shoulder? Damn you got fucked up. I’ve had/have my fair share of injuries. How are they affecting you now?[/quote]

I didnt. Worst part was, it happened during a pickup game of basketball while I was recovering from the second pec tear, on the same arm. So I basically just quit doing anything for 6 months or so. Was kind of the icing on the cake after all the other things. It wasnt until about 2-3 months ago that I finally started to take care of it, instead of just ignoring the pain, about a year after the fact…go figure.

I did alot of mobility work, stretching, rotator cuff stuff. Still gives me trouble, specifically where my Trap and shoulder meet. I actually cant flex my right trap on a most muscular pose right now. ‘relearning’ the basic movements have helped. its getting there. shit loads of ice post workout too. Pec still had tons of scar tissue from no rehab the second time around. deep stretching and excessive warm ups are helping.

Before this log I actually took a page from Dan John and did the one workout a day thing. For two weeks I had 4 workouts. An hour of benching, squating, deadlifting and overhead pressing each. Sometimes it got to 5-10 warm up sets followed by 10 working sets. It was pretty fucking horrible. I mean DOMs like I have never in my life experienced. The next week I started the TBT training and everything felt pretty smooth.

Glad you’re taking steps. I have a different recruitment curve bilaterally for a good deal of my torso at the moment. It’s definitely annoying, but most things can be fixed.

wtf, nice tricep shapes dude.

Good stuff waittz I’m In for the learning.Liking the TBT set up you’ve got going as well.