Booze Made Me A Fat A$$!

I stopped drinking on New Years day. I was drinking a liter of rum every weekend and about 6 beers through out the week.

I have been drinking often since I was 17yrs old. But in the last 10 months I got really bad. I cut my achillies and was pretty much stuck to the lazyboy with a drink in my hand.

In the last 31 days I have lost 16lbs! I was 255lbs on New years and was 239lbs this morning! As soon as I stopped drinking the weight poured off.

I can’t believe it!

[quote]Matt- wrote:
I stopped drinking on New Years day. I was drinking a liter of rum every weekend and about 6 beers through out the week.

I have been drinking often since I was 17yrs old. But in the last 10 months I got really bad. I cut my achillies and was pretty much stuck to the lazyboy with a drink in my hand.

In the last 31 days I have lost 16lbs! I was 255lbs on New years and was 239lbs this morning! As soon as I stopped drinking the weight poured off.

I can’t believe it![/quote]

Congratulations, you’re no longer an alcoholic…?

-Cloth

Uh yeah, it does that.

Alcohol makes a lot of college freshman fat, especially the ones I’ve seen that drink in the quantities you’re talking about.

Congrats on cutting it back and cutting some weight, now keep the drinking down to a minimum or stop all together.

[quote]Matt- wrote:

I can’t believe it![/quote]

Yeah, buddy. I quit drinking 3 years ago and I’m about 55lbs lighter than I use to be. If you’re nervous about will-power and going back to it, my advice is find new things to fill the void and keep your mental focus on the things you can enjoy. If your mindset is right, staying off the booze is easy. Hit up some late night coffee shops, have a non-alcoholic beer (they’re really not that bad) at the bar, or my personal favorite… dancing. Go learn some salsa, rumba, tango, etc. Pretty soon you’ll wonder why you ever wasted time with alcohol.

Congrats, man.

It wasn’t had to stop. i only had a few bad cravings on the first Sat afternoon, but that passed. Now I don’t want it at all.

Maybe when I get down to 230lbs I’ll have a few beers.

[quote]Matt- wrote:
It wasn’t had to stop. i only had a few bad cravings on the first Sat afternoon, but that passed. Now I don’t want it at all.

Maybe when I get down to 230lbs I’ll have a few beers.[/quote]

Fuck it man, if you can do without then keep it that way, you will be better off.

Congrats man. I went the entire month of january without a beer (whiskey was allowed) as an experiment and was surprised how easy it was and how much better I felt.

In celebration of my successful experiment, I got hammered at a party on friday night, and then drank way more than I intended to yesterday at a superbowl party. What a waste of a weekend! I was happier last month without the beer.

I think I’m going to go back to not drinking. Or at least not drinking just for the sake of drinking, I suppose a beer or glass of wine with food will be allowed this time.