Bootcamp in 5 Days. Before and (Later) After Pictures

In the back of my head I have been wondering lately, how exactly my body would change during bootcamp. I also have seen a few posts here and there kinda wondering the same thing. Well I decided to take some pictures today and post them up here with my current stats and see how everything changes during bootcamp. When I get out, I will take some photos as soon as I can to compare. I have been doing Wendlers 5/3/1 since February and made big gains in my lifts. I have also made a big gain in weight, which I’m not sure it has as much to do with the lifting as much as it has to do with the change of lifestyle. Which is actually spending money on FOOD and eating it. Never thought the answer was as simple as I had been told : Eat, lift, sleep, repeat. It is though. Anyways, enough of that, here’s my stats and a few photos.

Height : 6’0"
Weight : 185-190 lbs

(all lifts are 1rm)

Bench : 255
Squat : 345
Deadlift : 405
Push Press : 205

I have a couple photos of when I started back up in February for real, I can’t believe how skinny I was (even though I still am, but not as bad) I know the photos are at different angles but you get the gist.

Here’s one from February, where I remember weighing 160 ish.

Back

Relaxed front

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/3/6/36fa1_ORIG-Front_Double_bi.jpg

Front double bi. (hope these show up)

Relaxed back

Back double bi.

(Not) legs. Need work big time, hopefully the running in bootcamp will help a lil’.

Last one, calfs. Tiny, I know.

Ok I lied, since the one back photo from February didn’t post earlier, I’ll try again. Then I’m really done posting pictures lol.

In all seriousness, your body won’t change THAT much during boot camp. I predict you come out about 15 lbs lighter, with about 5 lbs of that being muscle, 10 lbs being fat…give or take a couple pounds.

Just goes to show what you can do when you eat. Nice job for 2-3 months.

Well damn. Too bad it isn’t possible to bulk in bootcamp. Lol. Thanks for the heads-up.

I’ve seen some people lose 40lbs in boot camp. I lost 20lbs in boot camp, and that was with eating as much calorie dense food as I could during the 5min we had to eat our meals.

What service are you going to join? And good luck, don’t let the DI’s get to you.

[quote]aznatama wrote:
I’ve seen some people lose 40lbs in boot camp. I lost 20lbs in boot camp, and that was with eating as much calorie dense food as I could during the 5min we had to eat our meals.

What service are you going to join? And good luck, don’t let the DI’s get to you.[/quote]

Joined the Army good sir.

In that case, the drill sergeants haha. It’s aught, Army’s still military…even if it isn’t Marines lol. In that case though, you might lose even less weight than I predicted…I assumed USMC for some reason, my bad.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
In that case, the drill sergeants haha. It’s aught, Army’s still military…even if it isn’t Marines lol. In that case though, you might lose even less weight than I predicted…I assumed USMC for some reason, my bad. [/quote]

Same here. You might have some more time to eat, and enjoy the sir sandwiches. :wink:

a bit off-topic, but what MOS?

“SIR YES SIR!”

“WHAT THE FUCK RECRUIT, I KNOW WE DON’T MAKE SIR SANDWICHES!!”

First time I heard that I about busted a gut laughing…but didn’t for fear of becoming a sugar cookie.

35S.

Signals Collector/Analyst.

Fucking security clearances are a bitch sometimes.

[quote]flipHKD_6 wrote:
35S.

Signals Collector/Analyst.

Fucking security clearances are a bitch sometimes.[/quote]

Why, do you have anything on your record? I don’t, and for me it was a breeze…

Well long story short… It went good then just earlier today, they had to meet with me again (one day before I leave) and ask me a bunch of questions.

Like went into great detail about, have I ever consumed alcohol, if so when and with who and where? Just went over the top with things. The only thing I have on my record is a few traffic tickets which is nothing.