T Nation

Boondock Saints

I am watching this movie for the first time ever and it SUCKS!

So many people have said it was awesome. What the hell are you people thinking?

The action is so unrealistic, Willem Dafoes’s character is ridiculous and the dialogue is horrible.

What is the symbology of this thread?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
What is the symbology of this thread?[/quote]

That is funnier in this thread than it was in the movie.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
What is the symbology of this thread?[/quote]

Lol! WTF?

Zap,

You are nuts. That movie rules ass. He smacks a fat chick at the beginning. My hero.

Yes I am still jaded about the asshole comment. It will pass.

I agree with beebuddy, Boondock is awesome, I love it!!!

We need some rope…

Man that movie kicked so much ass…

Zap, you’re wrong.

unrealistics action scenes- yes

poor accents- yes

Jumping back and forth between killing bad guys and goofing off- yes :slight_smile:

That movie is great whether it is any good or not.

And shepherds we shall be for thee lord for thee…and we shall flow a river to thee and teeming with souls shall it be…

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

The action is so unrealistic, Willem Dafoes’s character is ridiculous and the dialogue is horrible.

[/quote]

I couldn’t agree more, Zap. Totally the most overrated movie, ever. An ex had a serious boner over it, and I watched it with him - totally disappointed. Ugh.

[quote]nikolo wrote:
And shepherds we shall be for thee lord for thee…and we shall flow a river to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be…[/quote]

…jackass.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
nikolo wrote:
And shepherds we shall be for thee lord for thee…and we shall flow a river to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be…

…jackass.[/quote]

It’s your corrupt we claim. It is your evil that will be shot by us. With every breath we shall hunt them down.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

[/quote]

Bad movie. The dude that shoots the cat is crazy though.

Jesus Christ, Zap. How can you not like Boondock Saints? It’s about the only movie that doesn’t have cyborgs, ex-wrestling stars or blatant tits out sex scenes that I like. Killing a Russian by dropping a toilet on his head is ALWAYS going to be funny.

I thought it was very clever, and well worthy of its cult status. You’ll tell me you don’t like Snakes on a Motherfucking Plane next.

It loses much of it’s luster on network TV, if that’s the one you watched. They cut about half the damn movie out.

But anyways, that movie fucking rules. Terrible dialouge/action scenes, yes, but in that way that makes it endearing.

…how can you not like that movie, and I think Defoe plays his character really cool!

The movie has everything…and a guy with six guns…!!!

[quote]mauser wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

I couldn’t agree more, Zap. Totally the most overrated movie, ever. An ex had a serious boner over it, and I watched it with him - totally disappointed. Ugh.
[/quote]

It’s very easy to be disappointed by a movie when you’ve heard people singing its praises for so long before you see it.

That’s why I try to make it a point not to listen to too many reviews, or opinions, of movies before I see them. I don’t want to go in with my hopes too high, or I’ll always end up disappointed.

That said, I saw Boondock Saints after only hearing about it from 1 person who said it was a cool movie, and I liked it.

It’s no Braveheart, but still, an entertaining movie…

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
mauser wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

It’s very easy to be disappointed by a movie when you’ve heard people singing its praises for so long before you see it.

That’s why I try to make it a point not to listen to too many reviews, or opinions, of movies before I see them. I don’t want to go in with my hopes too high, or I’ll always end up disappointed.

That said, I saw Boondock Saints after only hearing about it from 1 person who said it was a cool movie, and I liked it.

It’s no Braveheart, but still, an entertaining movie…[/quote]

I agree. It was entertaining, but it wasn’t a Good movie in any sense of the word.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
It loses much of it’s luster on network TV, if that’s the one you watched. They cut about half the damn movie out.

But anyways, that movie fucking rules. Terrible dialouge/action scenes, yes, but in that way that makes it endearing.[/quote]

It was on SPIKE so they did cut any naughty bits.

I am just pissed because I started watching Cool Hand Luke and then switched over because I had never seen Boondock Saints and so many people here love it.

Zap, I agree with you. I watched this movie for the first time a couple of months ago and was really disappointed.

While it was somewhat entertaining, it wasn’t as good as everyone has made it out to be.

But Bauer is probably right. When you go into a movie expecting something amazing, you are usually going to be let down. And I was.

But I didn’t really like Pulp Fiction the first time I saw it either. So, I think I might give Boondock Saints another try.