T Nation

BOOM HEADSHOT!

Any FPS players out there might find this video funny. CS:S tends to do this to people!

http://x300.putfile.com/videos/d7-15002290141.wmv

LMAO! Ohh that is priceless. I’m a Halo guy, but I completely get this and run into these kinds of guys on XBox Live more often than I care to think about. That video, though, is pure gold.

I have been playing cs for 3 years now and I admit I sometimes lose it… then I realize that im getting ANGRY over a game but to some people its not just a game…

I’m not much of a FPS guy, but when I have been playing Splinter Cell for a while, I tend to walk much quieter, and try and figure out which lights to shoot out to give me the most concealment.

Man, I had a roommate just like this guy. He was so funny.

“Fucking computer is cheating!!!” Slams keyboard up against wall. His girlfriend would be naked in bed, and he’d yell at us to come in and look at what just happened on his game. She’d be cussing him, scrambling for the sheets, and he’d be explaining how the game is bullshit and cheated him.

[quote]rafael wrote:
I have been playing cs for 3 years now and I admit I sometimes lose it… then I realize that im getting ANGRY over a game but to some people its not just a game…[/quote]

I think it’s damn near impossible to do well in a simulator-type FPS like CS:S and not get stressed out when you engage in a firefight. Caffeine and first person shooters tend to bring out the raging lunatic in people! :smiley:

That dude looked like Kevin Levrone. No wonder he’s looking deflated (albeit healthier and normal) these days…

[quote]lucidhaze wrote:
Caffeine and first person shooters tend to bring out the raging lunatic in people! :D[/quote]

I assume you meant to say crack cocaine and FPS.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1120960071140.silva.GIF

[quote]conorh wrote:
That dude looked like Kevin Levrone. No wonder he’s looking deflated (albeit healthier and normal) these days…[/quote]

Actually, the guy looks like an atrophied Vanderlei Silva. Maybe he’s a close relative. :smiley:

[quote]rainjack wrote:
I’m not much of a FPS guy, but when I have been playing Splinter Cell for a while, I tend to walk much quieter, and try and figure out which lights to shoot out to give me the most concealment.[/quote]

I had this happen to me while playing Splinter Cell too. The truly worrisome one is after a marathon of playing Grand Theft Auto, go out into civilized society. You begin to wonder if you are not a thug deep down underneath. It’s borderline creepy…

[quote]Kuz wrote:
LMAO! Ohh that is priceless. I’m a Halo guy, but I completely get this and run into these kinds of guys on XBox Live more often than I care to think about. That video, though, is pure gold.
[/quote]

I presume you’ve seen the Red vs. Blue series of movies. I’ve never played the game myself, but those movies are just about the funniest things on the net right now.
http://rvb.roosterteeth.com/archive/

I need more, BOOM Headshot!

I wonder what happens to people like that when they have to enter the real world.
Just when I think I’m a little mal-adjusted, BOOM HEADSHOT!

speaking of cs who playes and who is on irc, specifically gamesurge.net and what channels?

LOL
The only mistake they made was that the guy lives in way too nice of a house, with a boat outside, in way too nice of a neighborhood. They should have put him in some crappy apartment in some crappy part of town.

Still, scary how many people actually resemble this guy.

Yes, to Red v. Blue. They are absolutely the funniest spoofs of a video game ever. Especially the “How to use the Internet” tutorial.

and ditto to the GTA comment. Really creepy…

This is what happens when you OD on Spike, people!

Regardless, this was really funny. Props dude, props.

[quote]Kuz wrote:
LMAO! Ohh that is priceless. I’m a Halo guy, but I completely get this and run into these kinds of guys on XBox Live more often than I care to think about. That video, though, is pure gold.[/quote]

Found another video, this time a Halo 2 player. I’m speechless, I hope there’s a mute/ban/kick option for these guys.

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1128349475

Looks like me playing John Madden online.

I’ve never been so unable to control my fits of laughter. But hey, it reminds me of TC’s article The Hollow Men. At least he’s really passionate…