Books That Changed Your Life

Il go first

The bible (thought me people are crazy)

The war of art (the hardest thing of getting shit done, is starting)

The book of five rings (just read it)

How to win friends and influence people (great for me as im a social awkward penguin lol)

The straight a conspiracy (get this if your in school !! or have a kid !! wish i had this in high school)

The war of art (the universe is not indifferent, it is actively hostile)

Hardcore Zen by Brad Warner. And all of his other books have had a pretty big impact on my life as well.

Dharma Punx by Noah Levine. Made a dramatic impact on my desire to be sober and live a more meaningful life.
Both of these books have literally changed the way i live my life and are very enjoyable to read as well.

Autobiography of Malcolm X

The Game: Secret Society of Pick-up Artist by Neil Strauss, it makes you rethink how you approach women and sheds a whole new light on how you should really go about it. Nice guys don’t always finish last but betas do.

[quote]T11 wrote:
The Game: Secret Society of Pick-up Artist by Neil Strauss, it makes you rethink how you approach women and sheds a whole new light on how you should really go about it. Nice guys don’t always finish last but betas do.[/quote]

Is it really that much of an epiphany?

Cause to me that is more like the Old Testament.

It tells you where we came from, but other than that…

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]T11 wrote:
The Game: Secret Society of Pick-up Artist by Neil Strauss, it makes you rethink how you approach women and sheds a whole new light on how you should really go about it. Nice guys don’t always finish last but betas do.[/quote]

[/quote]

Have you actually read this book? I’m not Christian so I really couldn’t comment too much on it being like the Old Testament. From what I know though, I wouldn’t say its anything like it in the nature of where pick up artist came from. Its his story, I agree that it isn’t a clear cut guide of how to get laid but it gives you all the tools to find more information if you desire. Also the perception of what the media portrays what women want isn’t very true when women are mainly attracted to personality. I will say they are attracted to money as well.

[quote]T11 wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]T11 wrote:

[/quote]

Have you actually read this book? I’m not Christian so I really couldn’t comment too much on it being like the Old Testament. From what I know though, I wouldn’t say its anything like it in the nature of where pick up artist came from. Its his story, I agree that it isn’t a clear cut guide of how to get laid but it gives you all the tools to find more information if you desire. Also the perception of what the media portrays what women want isn’t very true when women are mainly attracted to personality. I will say they are attracted to money as well. [/quote]

I dont know how to put this, but this was 1st gen.

I am not saying that it did not work, I am not saying that it was unwarranted, but we are 3rd gen now.

If the 3 level model is right, the Mystery Method is only ever going to get you to stage 2, but you want stage 3, unreflected mastery.

With this whole canned openers and peacocking shtick, you can never become a natural.

But that is what you want to be, being, without doing.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]T11 wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]T11 wrote:

[/quote]

Have you actually read this book? I’m not Christian so I really couldn’t comment too much on it being like the Old Testament. From what I know though, I wouldn’t say its anything like it in the nature of where pick up artist came from. Its his story, I agree that it isn’t a clear cut guide of how to get laid but it gives you all the tools to find more information if you desire. Also the perception of what the media portrays what women want isn’t very true when women are mainly attracted to personality. I will say they are attracted to money as well. [/quote]

I am not saying that it did not work, I am not saying that it was unwarranted, but we are 3rd gen now.

If the 3 level model is right, the Mystery Method is only ever going to get you to stage 2, but you want stage 3, unreflected mastery.

With this whole canned openers and peacocking shtick, you can never become a natural.

[/quote]

I did just fine in the ladies department before I read this. Its not like my game went up tenfold after I read this either. I’m saying it changed my life as in my views on how to get women, how I look at women and how I approach them. I know its not the best tool out there but it made a difference in my life.

[quote]T11 wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]T11 wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]T11 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I did just fine in the ladies department before I read this. Its not like my game went up tenfold after I read this either. I’m saying it changed my life as in my views on how to get women, how I look at women and how I approach them. I know its not the best tool out there but it made a difference in my life.
[/quote]

I can see that, hell, I can respect that.

It is just that if I wanted to unplug someone today, I would start with the operative social conventions, a theory of the female mind, socio-sexual environment and whatnot.

To those I actively teach, Lord help me, actually getting women into bed is put on a backburner, and for very good reasons.

No, stratetgy is geography ,and first those little Ninjas are going to get to know the Jungle they are operating in.

Wow, 5 posts from life changing literature to another PUA discussion. That was fast, even by T-Nation standards.

On topic:

The Bible (regardless of whether you believe)

Beyond Success and Failure

Tao Te Ching

Books of 5 Rings

Iron John

Will probably add/amend later.

[quote]batman730 wrote:
Wow, 5 posts from life changing literature to another PUA discussion. That was fast, even by T-Nation standards.

On topic:

Beyond Success and Failure

Tao Te Ching

Books of 5 Rings

Iron John

Will probably add/amend later.[/quote]

I would have recommended 3 out of 5.

There was a time when we thought we had reinvented the wheel.

Nope.

[quote]batman730 wrote:

On topic:

Not to start a religious debate but the bible? Really? I guess I can understand if you believe it but seeing as I don’t and from what I have read from it I would call it far from good. I feel like its a well written children’s book to some extent.

just saying http://www.huecotanks.com/debunk/genesis.html

Let’s talk about real books plz :slight_smile:

[quote]T11 wrote:

[quote]batman730 wrote:

On topic:

Not to start a religious debate but the bible? Really? I guess I can understand if you believe it but seeing as I don’t and from what I have read from it I would call it far from good. I feel like its a well written children’s book to some extent.

just saying http://www.huecotanks.com/debunk/genesis.html[/quote]

That is your opinion and that is his opinion that he enjoyed it… The bible is a real book.

[quote]T11 wrote:
batman730 wrote:

On topic:

Are you thick? This is a thread about life changing books and you are surprised that people mention the Bible? Believer or not if you can’t see how that book has changed/shaped people’s lives our society and culture then there is something very wrong with you.

[quote]T11 wrote:
Let’s talk about real books plz :)[/quote]

-most ignorant post of the year so far?

I’m pushing 40 and still continually suprised at the breadth of scholarship and interpretations that can be gleaned from and surrounds The Bible.

[quote]T11 wrote:

[quote]batman730 wrote:

On topic:

No interest in a religious debate either. However it is impossible to rationally discount the effect of the Bible on Western literature, thought and Civilization as a whole, for better or for worse depending on your beliefs. It’s fine if you don’t believe the content, even if you violently object, but to ignore its importance or pass it off as “not a real book” just doesn’t make sense. Furthermore, to deny the profound personal impact this particular work has had on innumerable individuals and World events on the whole is nothing short of willful blindness.

Many of the “great” books in Western history can’t be properly understood and/or appreciated without at least a rudimentary grasp of the Bible. Our collective history, political and moral structures and dynamics are heavily underpinned by Judeo-Christian traditions whether you like it or not. Even if you’re opposed to that structure an intelligent person seeks to at least understand what it is that he is opposed to, IMO.

Many if not most of the noted thinkers, authors, philosophers and scientists (yes scientists) throughout history have possessed at least a passing familiarity with the Bible. Fact, Myth or pure fiction, it is simply too important for anyone seeking to understand the World to ignore out of hand.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest - taught me what makes a man.

Meditations - Marcus Aurelius

Great for the mind, however I find trying to practice things to make you become a better person are limited to the people you’re surrounded by, and it’s not easy to choose who you surround yourself with when you have a job where you work with a very large team of people. What with it being written in a completely different age might not help either.

I’m semi-interested by books on social interaction but I’ve never found a good one.