Books on Flexibility

Can anyone recommend some good books on flexibility and mobility? I’m a Jiu Jitsu guy and my flexibility sucks. I’ll get Magnificent Mobility as soon as I get some extra cash but right now I’m going to be stuck with whatever my school’s library has to offer.

Thanks a lot.

Stretching Scientifically by Thomas Kurz:

An excellent free link:

http://www.trickstutorials.com/index.php?page=content/flexibility

Pavel’s stuff is quite good also.

“Stretch to Win” by the Fredricks. It is the real deal… I believe it is avialble thru Human Kinetics publishers.

Good luck
Pat

Agree on the Fredericks. I believe they have a DVD too. Their stuff is the best.

Ultimate Flexibility: A Complete Guide to Stretching for Martial Arts is the best I’ve ever seen for martial arts. Personally I wouldn’t choose a general stretching guide, my grandmaster didn’t have us do just general stretches for a reason.

has anyone read loaded stretching and is it worth buying

“Sport Stretch” By Michael Alter, also a human kinetics book. Excellent book, it is like the Chilton’s manual for stretching, illustrations and explaination, sectioned by by specific sports and specific muscles. Plus an explaination of how muscle stretch reflex works. I also own Pavel’s “Relax into Strestch” which is very good. If you are really serious try “Light on Yoga” by BKS Iyengar.

I’ve never checked out any books on flexibility, but you may want to check out this article:

Availabe at Amazon and US bookstores “Stretching & Flexibility” by Kit Laughlin is great book. There is also a DVD availabe and a useful discussion board at www.pandf.com.au

Just picked up the book (Stretch to Win) the other day at Barnes and Nobles.
Very good thusfar!
A $20 investment.

Pavel’s stuff is decent.

Surprised no one mentioned “Magnificent Mobiity” on DVD.