Books on Archetype and Influence

I posted this on the article thread, but hoped this might get more responses. In his article, Dr. Berardi talks about how, in most cases, learning about a person’s archetype and how to influence that archetype, is the keystone to making change in their bodies. Does anybody have any recommondations on resources for this.

Carl Jung is the king. I think he was Freud’s boy until he got a mind of his own and Freud got a little upset. He wrote extensively on the topic of archetype’s, although they’ve been studied since 500B.C. Check out insights.com if you want to find out a little more about yourself. The company I work for does this test for all of its employees and it’s pretty interesting, although it does cost about $40 to find out your type.

Carl Jung is the king. I think he was Freud’s boy until he got a mind of his own and Freud got a little upset. He wrote extensively on the topic of archetype’s, although they’ve been studied since 500B.C. Check out insights.com if you want to find out a little more about yourself. The company I work for does this test for all of its employees and it’s pretty interesting, although it does cost about $40 to find out your type.

[quote]MikeShank wrote:
I posted this on the article thread, but hoped this might get more responses. In his article, Dr. Berardi talks about how, in most cases, learning about a person’s archetype and how to influence that archetype, is the keystone to making change in their bodies. Does anybody have any recommondations on resources for this.[/quote]
There is quite a bit of knowledge, both old and new, floating around about personality and influence. One of my favorites is the “Art of Seduction”. Fun-filled, lots of references and citations of literature and history which ties in with the rest of the book’s contents. I forget the author, and don’t even have the book at home anymore… I leant it out to a friend and haven’t gotten it back yet. I think he leant it to somebody else… there’s no telling where it is now. No big deal.

[quote]lothario1132 wrote:
MikeShank wrote:
I posted this on the article thread, but hoped this might get more responses. In his article, Dr. Berardi talks about how, in most cases, learning about a person’s archetype and how to influence that archetype, is the keystone to making change in their bodies. Does anybody have any recommondations on resources for this.
There is quite a bit of knowledge, both old and new, floating around about personality and influence. One of my favorites is the “Art of Seduction”. Fun-filled, lots of references and citations of literature and history which ties in with the rest of the book’s contents. I forget the author, and don’t even have the book at home anymore… I leant it out to a friend and haven’t gotten it back yet. I think he leant it to somebody else… there’s no telling where it is now. No big deal.[/quote]

Ahh, the Art of Seduction, great book. The authors name is Robert Greene.

[quote]fraggle wrote:
Ahh, the Art of Seduction, great book. The authors name is Robert Greene.
[/quote]

There ya go! It’s not just me. :slight_smile:

Thanks fraggle, I may have to just pony up another $19.99 or whatever and buy a new one.

Not exactly Archetype … but.
Kingdomality is a pretty fascinating read-through.

I woudl recommend checking out

It’s definitely a neat work-place application…
I was a “dreamer-minstrel”

Yeah a good place to start with Jung is “The Basic Writings of C.G. Jung”, edited by Violet S. de Laszlo and translated by R.F.C. Hull