T Nation

Book You're Reading Now

I always like those T-mag articles where the writers talk about their favorite books. In that vein I’d like to hear what everyone here is reading now. Not your favorite book of all time, just what you’re currently reading. Can be bodybuilding books, fiction, whatever.

I’ll start. I’m reading Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk.

Small Business Kit for Dummies

I read a few books at the same time. Right now I have bookmarks in:

1. Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
  2. Wittgenstein’s Poker: The Story of a Ten-Minute Argument Between Two Great Philosophers by David Edmonds & John Eidinow
  3. Quicksilver by Neal Town Stephenson
  4. Run by Douglas E. Winter (misplaced it… I think someone jacked it. I’ve read it before though.)

And I just finished a book called Gun Monkeys by Victor Gischler.

Dan “The Scholar” McVicker

Just finished Ender’s Game (Orson Scott Card), now reading The Dosadi Experiment (Frank Herbert). Also reading Philosophy and Truth, and essays in The Virtue of Selfishness.

JMB

oliver twist

Regular book:

A Prayer for Owen Meany
by John Irving

Audio Book:

Meditation as Medicine
by Dharma Singh Khalsa, M.D.

1. Plato’s Republic (for ethics class)
  2. The Theory of Everything by Stephen Hawking (recreational)
  3. getting ready to start reading- When I Was Cool by Sam Kashner

Prayer for Owen Meany is a GREAT book.

Right now I am reading

The Gurkhas
and
In the Dust of Empire

“For Whom the Bell Tolls”------Can’t get enough Hemmingway. Does anybody have any suggestions for the next book I read? I like Salinger, Fitzgerald, Condrad, LeCarre, and basically anything like that.

Just finished reading Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden and Oblomov by Goncharov. I’m currently in the process of reading Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turgenev; will follow next with Brothers Karamazov by Dostoevsky. As you may tell, I’ve recently taken an interest in Russian literature.

“The Idiot” by Dostoevsky, and “Dispatches” by Michael Herr, about Vietnam.

Saving Palermo

Re-reading Fast Food Nation

Re-reading Tell Newt to Shut Up.

Release Your Pain, Resolving Repetitive Strain Injuries with Active Release Techniques by Dr. Brian Abelson and Kamali Abelson.

Just finished the book On Killing by Dave Grossman. It is the study of killing in combat and the methods modern armies use to get them to do it. Also has some interesting thoughts on the ways that violence is portrayed in today’s society by the media and its influences us all.

The same day I started Slander by Ann Coulter. About 3 pages into it I knew it was a winner. If you are a diehard liberal/democrat you probably would not like the book(or you will change parties after reading it!).

Maxim.

I’m currently reading: “Rich Dad, Poor Dad”

Just finished reading “A Confederacy of Dunces” by John Kennedy Toole.

“Wild at Heart”

Davo–Lullaby is great, I’d suggest Diary next.
Peyton–I had to read The Republic last semester. His allegory of the cave is excellent, but other than that that book is crap.

Currently reading Homer’s Odyssey and Gates of Fire, a fictional account of the Battle of Thermopolyae.

S/F

mikeyali

Hagakure: The path of the warrior