Booger's Mom = Bail Jumper

I thought I saw a title of a post in “Get a Life” about the cloned puppies of Booger the dog, but I couldn’t find the original thread, and since I never actually read the original thread, it may have been a figment of my imagination. Be that as it may, as it turns out the woman that had Booger cloned has a history:

[b]Dog-clone woman once made Mormon sex slave

By JENNIFER DOBNER, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS[/b]

[i]SALT LAKE CITY – A woman who made news around the world when she had five pups cloned from her beloved pit bull Booger looked very familiar to some who saw her picture: She’s the same woman who 31 years ago was accused of abducting a Mormon missionary in England, handcuffing him to a bed and making him her sex slave.

Dog lover Bernann McKinney acknowledged in a telephone call to The Associated Press yesterday that she is indeed Joyce McKinney, who in 1977 became a British tabloid sensation when she faced charges of unlawful imprisonment in the missionary case. She jumped bail and was never brought to justice.

Through tears, she said she went public with her efforts to replicate Booger, who died two years ago, hoping people would be able to focus on that story rather than the “garbage” of the past.

“I thought people would be honest enough to see me as a person who was trying to do something good and not as a celebrity,” McKinney said.

“I think I gave people too much credit,” she said. [/i]

For the full article:

http://www.torontosun.com/News/World/2008/08/10/6402801-sun.html

If I jumped bail years ago, I’d probably try to keep my head down.