Bony 2012

Well, you know the head of the charity? just arrested for drunken disorderly and MASTURBATING IN PUBLIC!!!

This is fastest that the whole world has found out about a man jacking off. He was just thinking about the invisible children.

I find this highly amusing

lol

Oh good grief some of those are fantastic! I’m crying!

Crying, I tell you!

Here’s the actual weird-ass video, if anybody wants to watch.

Okay, last one (until I find another that cracks me up again).

Is that what “nervous breakdowns” look like?

Invisible Children and it’s founders have been taking a huge beating over the past week.

This is a pretty good criticism of the cause:

Coincidence anyone?

Um…yeah, coincidence. I know it’s cute and hip to say, “war for oil/war for resources,” but more often than not it’s just a claim that nobody ever bothers trying to prove.

Just think it through for a minute…there are new, and far more significant, oil discoveries across Africa. Some, like Nigeria, are well developed.

Others, like the oil off Ghana’s shore, is in full development as we speak.

Does it make any economic sense to develop some extremely intricate plan to spend billions in military power to entirely destroy a country’s infrastructure, then pay billions more to re-build that infrastructure, all to get at a possible oil deposit located in a highland swamp? An oil deposit that the existing government would HAPPILY develop and sell to foreign investors?

Don’t forget that oil and other natural resources aren’t just sitting around in barrels waiting to be carted off like some kind of pirate raid.

Let’s take the most recent BS claims of ‘war for oil.’ Iraq was a fully developed oil producing nation, which was selling oil in the 1990’s. It’s not like they weren’t willing to sell to the United States or any other organization with the money.

The war wrecked a lot of the oil extraction and processing infrastructure, and now that it’s rebuilt, the contracts have been picked up by Russian, Chinese, and French interests – three countries which opposed the invasion, two of the three having no part in the invasion whatsoever (with France pulling in some tertiary work via NATO).

And Afghanistan? All that copper and rare earth that was supposedly the real reason for the invasion?

China’s the primary developer.

Same thing with Libya – Khadaffi’s oil development infrastructure was in place and pumping out oil…and he had always been willing to sell.

You would think that if the United States government were filled with these evil geniuses developing a 007/SPECTRE type plot to spend close to a trillion dollars, come under international scrutiny, and kill off thousands of people – all while waiting nearly a decade for a development project they could have started immediately for a relative pittance – then you would think these folks would be evil geniuses enough to make sure that at least ONE of their puppet governments could manage to swing them at least one resource development contract.

In this particular case: if Uganda’s oil were really an issue, a couple million in payoffs to various ministers, $10 million to a handful of Belgian and Ukrainian army veterans to work security, and $250 million to survey, drill, and pump, would accomplish everything needed to extract oil. It’s a business model working all across Africa.

This business model accomplished far more, far cheaper, than developing an international military campaign conspiracy that never seems to actually work.

It’s a good cause, in theory. But the main criticism of their organization, and frankly, its quite obvious if you pay attention to their ads is that it seems like a bunch of cheerleaders with nothing better to do.

I was just watching a former UN ambassador talk about Invisible Children and he said the vibe that he got when he visited their HQ was that it was “cult like” and their motivations seem to be sketchy. This isn’t a surprise of course because most of their members are HS kids and all the popular preppy kids are always eager to join anything without actually knowing in detail what the issue and cause is about.

If you scan your FB walls, the KONY posts dropped off dramatically in the past couple of weeks because it’s no longer the new thing and the interwebz is a fickle witch and if no one else is posting about it anymore, it’s not cool anymore.

I didn’t see the point of this stupid charade. That Kony guy hasn’t been in action for years and is not even in Uganda any more.

I have Ugandan friends and there’s no war in their country. People are trying to move on after years of conflicts and these days, what is affecting and killing children is Malaria. Maybe Russell should focus on that instead of trying to scam people. Meh, hopefully all the money he’d managed to cash in this campaign will be used to build hospitals or buy vaccines for the dying children.

Oh and, women and children are being raped, their legs and arms chopped off, and/or are killed in remote Congolese villages by Hutu militias. How about Russell takes his camera crew there, uh? These are actual events that deserve more attention than an exiled warlord.

[quote]LHT wrote:

Let’s take the most recent BS claims of ‘war for oil.’ Iraq was a fully developed oil producing nation, which was selling oil in the 1990’s. It’s not like they weren’t willing to sell to the United States or any other organization with the money…

Same thing with Libya – Khadaffi’s oil development infrastructure was in place and pumping out oil…
[/quote]

Google petrodollars.

Actually on a similiar note has anyone seen ‘‘Hotel Rowanda’’ or ‘‘Shooting Dogs’’? Brilliant films.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
I didn’t see the point of this stupid charade. That Kony guy hasn’t been in action for years and is not even in Uganda any more.

I have Ugandan friends and there’s no war in their country. People are trying to move on after years of conflicts and these days, what is affecting and killing children is Malaria. Maybe Russell should focus on that instead of trying to scam people. Meh, hopefully all the money he’d managed to cash in this campaign will be used to build hospitals or buy vaccines for the dying children.

Oh and, women and children are being raped, their legs and arms chopped off, and/or are killed in remote Congolese villages by Hutu militias. How about Russell takes his camera crew there, uh? These are actual events that deserve more attention than an exiled warlord. [/quote]

Ssshhh, it’s trendy to be an ‘activist’ these days. Watching videos and wearing bracelets will change the world…

I live in Pacific Beach, the beach town where he had his party. So far, he still hasn’t been arrested, just held for observation. He apparently vandalized some cars. The cops here are not very forgiving, they deal with a lot of drunk tourists & college kids year round. They bust San Diego Chargers for drunken stuff here all the time… It’s strange they haven’t charged him yet. Rubbing one out in public & trashing a car or two, party on dude!