Boner-inspiring E-car!

That’s right, boys:

In case y’all haven’t seen this already, I thought I’d post a link here. 0-60 in four seconds. Available in 2007. Think of the sheer quantity of ass you could get with this thing…

Time to win the lottery. :slight_smile:

Its not that nice. Give me an Aston Martin anyday

[quote]lothario1132 wrote:
That’s right, boys:

In case y’all haven’t seen this already, I thought I’d post a link here. 0-60 in four seconds. Available in 2007. Think of the sheer quantity of ass you could get with this thing…

Time to win the lottery. :)[/quote]

Yea, I got one of these last week.

It is very nice-I would definitly like one in my garage, although I dont see it as such a sports car as it is economical.

0-60 in 4 seconds is quick as hell, but it says the top speed will be 130. How many sports cars do you know that go 0-60 in 4 seconds and go slower than 150? Its got gobs of torque and the thing probably pulls harder than jackass on roids to that 130, but come on- 130?

Other than that, they reccommend servicing it only at your ‘local’ tesla dealership. I doubt for many of you, its not ‘local.’ [quote]This would include customers in California, and the metropolitan areas of Chicago, New York City and Miami. [/quote] hmm, not too frequent.

I have a feeling its going to be pretty damn expensive, too.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
I have a feeling its going to be pretty damn expensive, too. [/quote]

Yep. They don’t just come out and say it, but you can tell from the website that they’re marketing the car to elite clientelle, not the average Joe. We’re probably about 5-10 years away from some of this technology maturing enough to make them somewhat affordable to the masses.

$85,000 - $100,000

3.5 hrs to recharge.

How do I charge it when I am not at home? Do I look for a gas station with a powerpoint in the mensroom? and charge it on the sly? Do I ask neighbours? charge it from work?

IT looks nice though and it would be good to see more of these things. Also, should be a quiet car.

Is it me, or does it only have 2 gears?

SCREW the arabs. I love the concept of NON-OIL machinary, that way I wont need to give the bad guys $3 a gallon.

Now that we are on the topic of free energy, heres a link a company that I am dying to help contract out in the US.

They put windmills under the ocean when there are strong currents. If it weren’t for the fucking Gov’t Bullshit/tax from big oil companies this company will be able to start a series of underwater hydroelectric farms that would make OIL and NUCLEAR power a thing of the past.

Totally clean, no enviormental damage and they pay for themselves in 2 years.
HAHA, hope to school some of you musclehea

They have those underwater hydro dams in some places already. I think there is one in Nova Scota.

Also, if you really want, you can make your own diesel fuel right now from used vegtable oil from restraunts which you can get for free.

Not dams dammit, windmills that are actually one the bottom of the ocean.
Dams block rivers, destroy envior.

I live in S Florida, and we have the Gulfstream flowing right offshore, constantly North at 3-5 knots. I am hoping to raise the company a few $MM to help get things started-shush dont tell Exxon.

[quote]T Ham wrote:
They have those underwater hydro dams in some places already. I think there is one in Nova Scota.

Also, if you really want, you can make your own diesel fuel right now from used vegtable oil from restraunts which you can get for free.[/quote]

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
I think it looks like a Lotus Exige…[/quote]

Thats what I was thinking, or a noble M12.

[quote]moonjumper wrote:
Not dams dammit, windmills that are actually one the bottom of the ocean.
Dams block rivers, destroy envior.

[/quote]

I’m pretty sure we’re talking about the same thing.

[quote]Miserere wrote:
Is it me, or does it only have 2 gears?[/quote]

Yup. Remember “Turbo”, or “Pole Position” in the arcades? It’ll be like that. Low gear, high gear, reverse… that’s it. Kinda like a golf cart on roids.

And to whoever dissed the top speed of my not-too-distant future poon-getting vehicle:

You make an excellent point.

BUT

When was the last time you drove any car at 140 mph? Really. I have friends with bad-ass cars that never even get 'em up to 100. Realistically, a top speed of 130 for an electric golf cart is a bit overkill unless we are on the autobahn.

This thing can recharge at any electic outlet, 110V or 220V, and has a range of 250 miles off a single charge. Not good at all for travelling… but if you don’t drive 250 miles every day, it’s just like a cell phone – hell, it uses the same kind of batteries as a cell phone – you just plug it in at the end of the day and it’s ready and willing when you wake up in the morning… perfect for city life.

I imagine that this car will be very hyper-expensive at first, and will eventually drop down to just ridiculously expensive after a few years. And that’s okay… better than okay – we are talking about a status symbol which has bragging rights that no other vehicle can top. No pollution, no gasoline, hauls ass… even the greenest hippie chick will be dousing her panties at the sight of this thing.

The only downside to owning this car, aside from having to sell your kidneys to get one, is the range. Simply put, you are not travelling with this car. If you commute 260 miles back and forth once a week like I am for the contract I’m working right now, this car is all wrong for you.

I live in South Fl. Freakin’ storm heaven, with the power going out etc. just would suck. Even with a generator!

[quote]lothario1132 wrote:
When was the last time you drove any car at 140 mph? Really. I have friends with bad-ass cars that never even get 'em up to 100. Realistically, a top speed of 130 for an electric golf cart is a bit overkill unless we are on the autobahn.
[/quote]

I’ve gotten my car up to 115. Do I keep it there, hell no. Do I do it often? Hell no, only once.

I was just making it a point. Most cars that go 0-60 are considered supercars. Supercars usually go around 185, though.

I never said it was a necessity. If you want hard pulling as well as top speed, you could sell your soul for a hennessey viper.

[quote]moonjumper wrote:

They put windmills under the ocean when there are strong currents. If it weren’t for the fucking Gov’t Bullshit/tax from big oil companies this company will be able to start a series of underwater hydroelectric farms that would make OIL and NUCLEAR power a thing of the past.
[/quote]

Lots of potential in ocean based energy, however anything in/under the water has problems with barnacles etc… that will need to be cleaner. The irony of underwater stuff is, it improves the environment, all the coral etc… plants itself on it and a new ecosystem starts up.

So much free energy in the world, but first you gotta build the equipment. Companies are lazy. A lot of people would be surprised to learn that companies won’t even invest in refineries to refine sour crude oil, they’d have to build $100m refineries but it would drop the oil price real fast. But they don’t care as long as profits are steady.

But things will change.

If you watch Gattacca you’ll notice all the retro looking cars are electric, and almost silent.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
I never said it was a necessity. If you want hard pulling as well as top speed, you could sell your soul for a hennessey viper.

[/quote]

What if I don’t have a soul? Damn. Shoulda never traded for those Aerosmith tickets…

The Tesla Roadster is based on the Lotus Elise, and one of the reasons that this car looks and performs so well is due to the fact that Lotus engineers were heavily consulted with in this design. You know you’ve got a good thing when we have liberal blogs like treehugger.com and autobloggreen.com drooling over a car. Even the Governator stopped by Santa Monica for a chance to test drive the roadster when it was unveiled a few days ago.

Here’s the write-up in Wired Magazine:

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m saving now. They say that lower-priced sedan models are coming out in 2008. Maybe the 0-60 won’t be four seconds, but hell. Anything to stop going to the gas station.

Is this the beginning of the end for the Middle East’s stranglehold over the world? :slight_smile:

[quote]Magarhe wrote:
If you watch Gattacca you’ll notice all the retro looking cars are electric, and almost silent.

[/quote]

I’m all for improving the environment… but I’m not so sure I’m willing to give up the sound of a high pitched ferrari f355 or a throaty mustang haulin ass every once in a while.