Boneless Buffalo Wings?

Does anyone have a reasonably healthy boneless buffalo wing recipe? Favorite sauces, or preparation methods?

I’m looking for something that wouldn’t really be classified as a cheat meal, but something that’s pretty damned tasty.

Any chef’s out there?

If you just lost the breading off them and did all else the same baked or grilled the lil guys even fried them HOT youd be way the hell ahead

Phill

That picture makes me hungry.

[quote]Phill wrote:
If you just lost the breading off them and did all else the same baked or grilled the lil guys even fried them HOT youd be way the hell ahead

Phill[/quote]

Haha, yes the wings in the picture would definitely be classified as a cheat meal.

Anyone have any good sauces they use for wings?

Salt vinegar and tomato paste makes a great sauce

Buffalo Wild Wings has a naked tender dish that is really good

I cut up strips of boneless, skinless chicken breast and toss them in a ziplock with a generous amount of Frank’s RedHot Buffalo wing sauce for marinade. After about 30 mins or so I throw them on the Foreman or the grill.

It’s really easy and relatively healthy. The buffalo sauce adds sodium but that is about it. When you eliminate the breading, you are much better off.

[quote]robo1 wrote:
Salt vinegar and tomato paste makes a great sauce[/quote]

How can you forget the chili powder now? I would assume if you get chicken breast, strip them and use this sauce on them while grilling or baking then you could get something close. Its hard to get that same crispy taste I would think.

A vinegar based Hot Sauce, mustard, a little liquid smoke, cumin, chili powder, garlic, season salt, and a non nutritive sweetener to taste a good basic BBQ sauce thats low impact. You can add from there.

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:

Phill[/quote]

when you say fry them HOT is this different from a regular way to fry them? and If I get this right your saying this is healthier than in the picture? why is this does it absorb less oil or something?

I hope so because I will start back frying everything. Food just taste better that way.

[quote]Phill wrote:
A vinegar based Hot Sauce, mustard, a little liquid smoke, cumin, chili powder, garlic, season salt, and a non nutritive sweetener to taste a good basic BBQ sauce thats low impact. You can add from there.

Phill[/quote]

Now we’re talking! The 4th is coming up, and I have a hungry belly to fill!

[quote]Modi wrote:
Does anyone have a reasonably healthy boneless buffalo wing recipe? Favorite sauces, or preparation methods?

I’m looking for something that wouldn’t really be classified as a cheat meal, but something that’s pretty damned tasty.

Any chef’s out there?[/quote]

Hey Modi,

Post this question on this thread:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1498939
This woman is a magician in the kitchen.

Rick

[quote]Modi wrote:
Phill wrote:

Phill

Haha, yes the wings in the picture would definitely be classified as a cheat meal.

Anyone have any good sauces they use for wings?[/quote]

Anchor Bar Wing Sauce is available at HEB.

[quote]rcomito wrote:
Hey Modi,

Post this question on this thread:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1498939
This woman is a magician in the kitchen.

Rick
[/quote]

Nice, thanks for the link. She has a recipe for Buffalo Chicken Breasts over there.

[quote]Chewie wrote:
Modi wrote:
Phill wrote:

Phill

[/quote]Thanks Chewie. What’s HEB? A supermarket of some sort?

[quote]Hagar wrote:
That picture makes me hungry.[/quote]

indeed

[quote]Modi wrote:
Chewie wrote:
Modi wrote:
Phill wrote:

Phill

Thanks Chewie. What’s HEB? A supermarket of some sort?
[/quote]

yes

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
Phill wrote:

Phill

when you say fry them HOT is this different from a regular way to fry them? and If I get this right your saying this is healthier than in the picture? why is this does it absorb less oil or something?

I hope so because I will start back frying everything. Food just taste better that way.[/quote]

Yhea frying things Like hell a turkey it shears the outside instantly and seals in the natural juices and out the oils. Fying in a sense isnt that bad as long as you dont have a ton of breading on the food to soak up and hold the oil

Phill

Try this:

Take your boneless chicken strips and coat them in beaten eggs. Spray a non-stick pan with a lot of non-stick spray, or just use some olive oil.

You’ll want to have a lid or splatter proof screen handy too. Turn the pan up to medium high. My stove goes up to 8, and I set the pan midway between 5 & 6.

Once the pan is hot, fry the chicken for a few minutes on each side. You will need to have quick hands to avoid getting splattered by the oil when you put them into the pan. That’s also why you want the splatter screen nearby. Don’t be stupid and burn yourself. Been there done that.

When they have finished cooking, remove them from the pan and put them directly into a bowl and pour on your favorite hot sauce. I like Trappey’s Louisiana Hot Sauce myself.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions.

I made a batch last night on the grill. Marinated them for about an hour beforehand with a premade marinade (Ken’s maybe? can’t recall) and added a little cayenne pepper They came out great, although nothing like the deep fried breaded goodness (err, I mean evil) wings that you get at the local Pub.

I would have snapped a photo, but they went down way too quickly.

I’ll try a couple variations on preparation and cooking methods and see which ones I like best.