Bonds!

A couple of things some of you may not realize about Bonds:

1. Bonds has only hit more than 50 home runs in a year once in his entire career.

2. Too many people get worked up over the 73 homers. That is the wrong number to get worked up over. The numbers that you should be freaking out over are .370 and 47. The year after he hit 73 he put on a hitting clinic and batted .370 and struck out only 47 times, that is just one more strike out than home runs (46) he had that year!

Bonds probably has been putting a couple extra cough vitamins cough in his water, but his home runs aren’t what make him the most dangerous hitter in the game.

Sammy Sosa, for example, has routinely belted out fifty plus homers the past couple of years compared to Bonds who has only lead the league in home runs a couple times in his entire career.

What makes Bonds head and shoulders above anyone else is his eyes and bat speed. At 40 years old, he is a better hitter, for both power and average, than he was at any point in his career.

Bonds only averaged 25 or so homers while he was in Pittsburgh. He has most definitely gotten better and a LOT bigger since leaving Pittsburgh. However, he has use some major supplements to become as jacked as he is.

Bonds’ dad got bigger as he got older and his face got more bloated as well. I guess he was on too.

Also dont you think its possible that a guy who had never really lifted before, has better genetics than anybody on this board, and then started doing every thing right couldnt gain that much? Some on here that only weigh 150 lbs might think that 225-230 is huge. Its not. He is 6’2 230 lbs. Hes not that big.

“I have to make the point, what this guy is doing has gone beyond the point of stupidity, steroids will make you better, will give you an edge, but they don?t enable you to do that. (it?s gotten to the point where if J.T. Snow were to jam a big needle right in Barry, in the on-deck circle, I?m not sure I?d even care?Seriously, Felipe Alou could then follow Barry to the batter?s box with a plunger full of cow intestines, and it wouldn?t matter to me, because those things don?t enable 39 year old guys to do that?”

mike schmidt did lift weights, and lots of them. the reason he wasn’t so big is he never supplemented his diet with vitamin s. the average home run total back in the day may have only been 35 a year, but that is only because a lot of guys weren’t on the juice back then (shettfield is also accused of juicing) which is one of amongst many reasons why more homeruns are hit today. while most guys didn’t lift weights in the past they did work hard labor jobs, such as farming which can be just as good if not better then weights in some ways. bonds is a great player, i even admitted to that, a hall of fame player no doubt, however unlike the other juicers on this thread, he had the skills to begin with, i also never said that steroids made you a good player. however he would not be putting up the legendary numbers he puts up today without the juice. as athletes age they workout to maintain their level or best yet retard the inevitable drop in their performance. they do not workout and have career bests. has the physical, dietary, recovery, etc. training of athletes progressed immensely, yes, but not enough to justify the level that the current crop has reaching. weights don’t work that well. so every record that bonds sets should be placed with an asterisk that says “don’t under the suspicion of anabolic steroid use”.
p.s. sorry if i sounded a little menstural in my other posts.

bonds is using this steroid called “skills”.

someone got his yearly stats since he first started? (hits/home runs/at bats/weight etc)???

many baseball players use steroids, but they are nowhere near bonds. his swing is incredible, so precise and rarely swings at bad pitches…

if he did do lots of roid though, it would suck.

im glad people are starting to get bonds’ back. no matter if you like him, if you hate him, if you think hes juiced, if you think hes an asshole, he is the best player any of us have ever seen!

the guy is lucky to get one or two pitches to hit per game and somehow he stays dialed in 24-7. he has virtually zero protection in the lineup. the two or three guys that have hit behind him this year (alfonso, pierzynski, feliz) have a grand total of one home run combined!

a few days ago he hit took a 100mph heater from gagne(one of the nastiest pitchers in the game) and parked it in the center field bleachers!

i watch or listen to just about every giants game, and i am freaken amazed everyday! he plays this game on a completely different level than the rest of the league!

i particulary(spelling?) dont care for bonds, he standoffish to the public and his teammates, unlike mark m and he was
and is still quite popular despite being
out of the public eye. this thread and others like this one there are alot and i mean alot of jealously towards people
who do a good job at what they do and say ohhh he’s on roids…they have something you and i dont have and thats
money lots lots and lots of money. accsess to trainers weights peolple who can help etc… even some didnt believe
christian t with pics he even posted a few weeks ago… and dont blame him if he posts less on the forum…

Barton

OK

first of all how many people actually follow baseball?About Bonds in Pitt. Yes he was small. So is everyone else when they come into the league. Has anyone seen Griffey JR’s first AB in the majors? He is Tiny. So was Sosa. It is completely natural to get better every year with the best opportunities and facilities( unless you are Mike Cameron). NO one should ever consistantly hit worse than they did the year before.

Now has anyone noticed that Bonds swing has changed? It is way more compact.They talk about it all the time on ESPN. Anyone who has played baseball knows that quick hands and strenght will hit a ball a long way.Along with fine tuning his eye, he has become selective.

Also,does anyone else know that a few years ago Bonds changed to a maple bat? It is a harder wood…= the ball goes farther.

And yes he has gained weight. I went to the HR Derby when the all star game was in Seattle in 2001 and Bonds was Huge compared to everyone else. So did he juice? Who knows.He took something. I’ll bet that he turned his head, took the supplement. Do research on BALCO… you will find out about the custom dietary supplements they provided to their athletes.It doesn’t matter; his weight has been gained, his swing fine-tuned,his eye sharpened. What ever he took obviously helped him but did not make him.

The media and haters couldnt possibily find a worse example of roid related success. Bonds is the smartest hitter of all time, they should have made jason ‘i cant hit high or away’ giambi the prime suspect.

Bonds is the man i wish for a pedro versus bonds showed in a WS game seven.

“he is the best player any of us have ever seen!”

Wait till pujlos matures and plays with the juice that guy is gonna be even better.

I thought this thread was about that all female band that play classical instruments…Violin, Chello, etc…

They are kinda hot…but not T-Vixens though…

Jason

i’d like to know why so many people hate bonds because he is an ‘asshole’? it was mentioned on this thread… many people i talk to about bonds dislike him and discredit him just because he is an ‘asshole’.ok so he knocked out his teamate/said some stupid things, and doesn’t care what anyone thinks about him. i see that as a good thing though, i hate seeing interviews of athletes with the same old kiss ass answers and never really speaking their mind…

the babe was an asshole, pedro, artest, shaq, barkley, roy jones, kenyon martin… sapp… even jordan was a big asshole , he beat up STEVE KERR DURING PRACTICE !

ok i dont even know what im blabbing about, but it is weird how people discredit these people (ok maybe not jordan) just becausethey aren’t press puppies and telling you what you want to hear.

its his swing & skills

He just hit another jack, 7 games in a row. The guy is amazing! Juice or not, he has better hand-eye cooridination than anyone else in the game. He’s an amazing baseball player, possibly the best ever.

“i’d like to know why so many people hate bonds because he is an ‘asshole’?”

i think i can answer this. first and foremost he is black! mcgwire was 300 freaken lbs his last few years, he said he was on creatine and andro and everyone said ok.

bonds hits some homers and everyone accuses him of aas. you can say im pulling the race card or whatever but there are still a lot of people out there that dont like to see a black man break white mens records.

he did do some dumb ass immature shit when he first came into the league. i cant defend that.

his relationship with the media was screwed from day one and i dont blame him.

keep in mind that his father was ridiculed by the media. so he already hated them before he ever set foot on a major league field.

some fans have accused him of being a dick when he was younger. not signing autographs etc…

personally i dont give a shit what he does off the field. so hes not the most personable guy on earth. neither am i. i would have probably stuck my foot up a few reporters asses if i were a pro athlete.

I dont follow baseball, don’t like baseball, don’t care about baseball.

HOWEVER…

It can’t be denied that Bonds is an incredible player in his sport - kinda like Michael Jordan in basketball.

There is no PROOF that he is using aas.

I doubt highly that aas makes anywhere NEAR as big a difference in the sport as does proper training/nutrition.

Let the man do his job and quit tryin to hold a brotha down. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

btw, tonight he went 1 for 1 with a homer and 2 rbi’s. he tied and broke a national league record and may tie a major league record tomorrow for consecutive days with a hr. he has homered in 7 straight and hit 8 total during that time.

i don’t 100% buy into the logic that being juiced has little effect on a players game. being substantially stronger will and does help generate greater bat speed, which in turn can HELP you turn on that 95 mph heater on the inside corner, or get that little extra pop when going the other way on an outside pitch…simply by more force being generated. that COULD be a factor in a players sudden increase in power numbers…see brady anderson for an example.

that being said, pure talent, intangibles, or an insaitable drive to be better and improve will ALWAYS be the common denominator in the game of baseball. and thus the reason why average players take the juice in order to compete with the griffeys, the bonds etc etc, who have tremendous natural ability.

i just personally think its very assinine to assume that chemically enhancing yourself won’t help you in baseball because its all “hand eye coordination”. that blanket statement is what people who never played use…or someone who is so overzealous when defending the game they love that they forget all the other factors! if it doesn’t help you then why do many minor and major leaugers continue to take illegal supplements? for their physical appearance? no! they take it to get an edge, get promoted to a higher class, keep a job, and compete with more naturally gifted players.

now take a great natural talent like Bonds and give him that little physical edge…can you honestly say it doesn’t make a difference!?

if you haven’t played at a high level then your opinion is what it is…an opinion. but at least make logical assumptions when forming an opinion.

this isn’t directed at anyone, just food for thought. its a topic that gets me going.

P-dog, I’m a huge fan and supporter of Barry, but stevie wonder can see whats going on there. And its not juat barry. Jesus lets stop kidding our self. To be honest with ya i dont care what all these guys are doing. And the fact is that no one, and i mean no one will even come out and admit it. ( and they shouldnt) but i mean come on you dont change the total structure of your body at 35. Lets get this straight im not against any of it im just fucking sick and tired of fucking hearing about it. Either way none of us here can hit a 95 mph curve ball no matter what we were on. So lets just leave it alone…just my 2 cents tho

"here comes the excuses. mlb started random testing last season. when do the results disappear then? 1 year, 2 years, 6 months? i can hear it now. if bonds goes through a slump mid season everyone will be saying “see the roids are wearing off!” lmao "

the results are sustainable almost indefinitely with care. come on, man. im not saying he is the only one using. i dont think it is a matter of who is and who isnt, i think it is a matter of who is using the most.

and i really dont think baseball would nail a guy even if he did come up positive… they dont need that kind of publicity right now.