Bonds!

wow it looks like that steroid testing in baseball is really hurting bonds’ performance, just like all the haters said it would. hes only hitting .500 with 8 hr’s and 17 rbi. they were right, his performance is greatly diminished!

Oh who gives a crap P-dog.

I would tend to agree with you, BUT when he was in Pittsburgh, he had very little power. Now he has a ton. He may not have taken steroids directly, but he is finding new ones that are not tested. Look at THG for a good example. Supposedly he was taking it before it was tested, now baseball wont go back and test last years test…hmmm. With that said, he is still a tremendous athlete.
corey

Bonds is the shit no doubt. Next thing you know Scott Roeln will be accused of using roids cause he has 1 less bomb than Bonds. Honesty I’m tired of hearing about it. Just let the guys play. Giambi supposedly used roids too. He struck out yesterday and didnt even take that bat off his shoulders in the ninth. He did hit a HR but who cares they lost.

Giambi seems to have lost his edge, as well as his personality since he went to the Yankees…

“I would tend to agree with you, BUT when he was in Pittsburgh, he had very little power. Now he has a ton”

this is one of the most ignorant statements ive ever heard. first of all he hit 176 homers in 7 years in pittsburgh. secondly dont you think it stands to reason that as a player matures and learns the game that he will develop more skills?

if you dont know what your talking about please dont say anything.

oh and ericka, i give a crap. hence the reason i started the thread.

amen P-Dog!!!

Bonds is the man. The most feared baseball player ever. PERIOD.

BTW, if he was so bad in Pitt why did he win MVP a few times? I guess back then, when he was a little boy, he was still better than everyone else out there.

i played college ball with 2 guys that are on MLB 40 man rosters, and have been told by them that a lot of guys juice in the majors. surprising? hell no!

i’m not very partial to Bond’s, but there is no denying that he is one of the most complete hitters the game has ever seen. his skills have definately improved as he has aged.

but come on. how does a guy in his mid thirties go from 185-190, to 225…not to mention that his head apparently grew 2 hat sizes over a relatively short period. i wouldn’t say he juices without hard evidence. but like i said, a guy gaining that much weight and suddenly going from a career high homerun mark of 46 to 73 almost instantly makes you wonder.

undeniable talent? yes! one of the best ever? yes! but saying he hasn’t done something to enhance himself may be considered ignorant IMO.

“but come on. how does a guy in his mid thirties go from 185-190, to 225…”

another rediculous statement! he was 185-190lbs when he came into the league. he is now listed as 230.

you dont think its possible for a man to gain 40lbs over an 18 year period without drugs?

not to mention, superior genetics, world class trainers, cooks, nutritionists, doctors, an unlimited budget, etc etc etc…

i dedicate this thread to exposing all of the bary bonds myths that are out there. the next thing there gonna say is “yeah but he chokes in the psot season!”

ok p-dog, then please answer this: Gretzky, jordan, rice, montana, willie mays, ruth, aaron, kareem, pippen, emmit smith, payton, bird, malone, mike schmidt etc. tell me what all these guys have in common? once they hit 35 to 38 years old (sometimes even younger) they all saw dramtic decreases in their performance. so why is barry bonds now playing better then ever?
nobody will argue that barry bonds has always been a hall of fame level player, but what really starts to chap my ass is that with every thing he is doing now, he has transcended hall of fame status and has moved onto immortal status. his trainer and nutritioninst have both admitted to being involved with roids, he is huge as hell with a big fat bloated face, there is no way that he is the immortal that he is now without the juice. that is where my problem is with this who situation.

also about the power comment, he had much less power while in pittsburgh. how does 176 homers in 7 years even equate to a defense of barry bonds. i can’t believe you said the one poster shouldn’t post if he doesn’t know what he is talking about. i can’t believe nobody including yourself did the math on that one. 176 homers in 7 years only equates to…a little over 25 home runs a year. how does that even remotely compare to what he is doing now. he hit almost 3 times as many home runs in one year as he averaged in his first 7 seasons. give me a break!

There will always be those fans out there that will remain naive and gullible.

“Barry is a living superman”!

If you don’t get it by now I seriously doubt you would even believe it if he was in fact implicated (like his own trainer has been).

Mark McGwire would be a good spokesperson for talking to the public/kids about steroid usage in baseball. Only problem is that he has to get into the HOF so he can’t say a word.

Would someone (MLB superstar) please stand up and be a man?!? I’ll tell you what, Bonds would NEVER be a T-man.

End of rant.

Out

“Gretzky, jordan, rice, montana, willie mays, ruth, aaron, kareem, pippen, emmit smith, payton, bird, malone, mike schmidt etc. tell me what all these guys have in common? once they hit 35 to 38 years old (sometimes even younger) they all saw dramtic decreases in their performance. so why is barry bonds now playing better then ever?”

first of al you cannot compare hockey, basketball, and football players to a basebal player. the physical demands are just way to different.

as far as the few baseball players you named that is a rather simple answer. ill bet my ass that willie mays never even heard of weight training when he was playing. and mike schmidt never trained with weights either. it was only until recently that baseball players began to train with weights. prior to about 10-15 years ago players were told that weight training would slow them down, decrease flexibility, and make them muscle bound.

barry bonds is on a year round weight training, nutrition, and conditiong program. if you havent noticed more and more players are playing well into their older years these days. randy johnson, gary sheffield, edgar martinez, etc…

“also about the power comment, he had much less power while in pittsburgh. how does 176 homers in 7 years even equate to a defense of barry bonds.”

25 homers per year for a guy just into the league isnt a good defense? keep in mind this was in the mid to late eighties when a huge home run season was 30-35.

“There will always be those fans out there that will remain naive and gullible.”

gullible? i dont think so. i personally use anabolics and have absolutely no problem with their usage by an informed adult. personally i have never seen barry bonds stick a needle in his ass or pop a d-bol with his cheerios. therefore i cannot sit her and accuse the man of something i know nothing about.

if he tests positive for aas then rip him a new one. until then you have no argument!

keep em coming boys…

you should realize that all the results dont disappear overnight man.

“you should realize that all the results dont disappear overnight man.”

here comes the excuses. mlb started random testing last season. when do the results disappear then? 1 year, 2 years, 6 months? i can hear it now. if bonds goes through a slump mid season everyone will be saying “see the roids are wearing off!” lmao

If Bonds is using it doesn’t matter. I use them and I couldn’t hit a base hit for shit… That goes to show to the detractors of pro bodybulding that steroids ISN’T everything. Steroids don’t give him eye-hand coordination, they don’t give players a “feel” for the game, they don’t help them make those superman style catches a-la Torii Hunter, etc… A lot of the time their use is therapeutic, to heal from injuries due to the grueling baseball schedule.

Peace.
k.