T Nation

Bonds Testified Substances Didn't Work

Bonds testified that substances didn’t work (yeah, right!)

EXCERPTS

Barry Bonds testified to a grand jury that he used a clear substance and a cream given to him by a trainer who was indicted in a steroid-distribution ring, but said he didn’t know they were steroids, the San Francisco Chronicle reported Friday.

Bonds told a U.S. grand jury that he used undetectable steroids known as “the cream” and “the clear,” which he received from personal trainer Greg Anderson during the 2003 season. According to Bonds, the trainer told him the substances were the nutritional supplement flaxseed oil and a pain-relieving balm for the player’s arthritis…

Olympic sprinter Tim Montgomery testified that Conte used flaxseed oil containers to send “the clear” to athletes…

“And I was like, to me, it didn’t even work,” he said. "You know me, I’m 39 years old. I’m dealing with pain. All I want is pain relief, you know? And you know, to recover, you know, night games to day games. That’s it. And I didn’t think the stuff worked. I was like, ‘Dude, whatever,’ but he was my friend.

“… If it’s a steroid, it’s not working,” he told the grand jury…

READ REST OF ARTICLE (VERY INTERESTING)

The Steroid Interviews?Professional Football
by Chris Street

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=04-018-feature

“One of the major reasons NFL athletes take drugs is not to be bigger, faster, and stronger, but to maintain their physical health and to quickly repair musculoskeletal injuries when they occur during the season. Drugs are not used anymore to gain the winning edge, but simply to stay in the game. This is a fact of modern life in the NFL which has yet to be discussed openly.”

THIS COULD ALSO APPLY TO MLB BASEBALL PLAYERS WHO HAVE TO PLAY DAY IN AND DAY OUT.