T Nation

Bombshell in Relation to the Medical Community

“NEJM editor: “No longer possible to believe much of clinical research published””

Why am I not surprised? https://ethicalnag.org/2009/11/09/nejm-editor/

Gotta love how much “Big Pharma” shows up in the see also section. Get woke!

As usual you add nothing of substance to the conversation. Just blind adherence to the status quo.

Do you have that reply as a copy and paste?

With such predictable responses, he’d be stupid not to…

Again…

Wow! So if you have nothing to add to the discussion rely on personal attacks.

Oh look. It’s the person without an education trashing medicine again.

The telling part of the article: “Since my heart attack in 2008, I take a fistful of cardiac meds every day, and I have no clue which of them were prescribed for me based on flawed research or tainted medical journal articles funded by the very companies that make my drugs.” Note that even in all that, the real concern is just a risk of flawed research. The author is still taking medicine rather than drinking lemon tea and buying crystals.

^ Me giving you the attention you so desperately crave.

So attack me along with the author. So what are your credentials?

This “bombshell” is eight years old, BTW.

With nearly anyone else, I would be happy to entertain this conversation, as the physician who wrote this has some very legitimate points, and I have been critical of our biomedical research process many times in these forums.

Given the thread creator’s track record, a legitimate conversation is unlikely to occur, but if anyone else happens upon this forum and would like to ask some specific questions, I am happy to answer to the best of my ability.

I can’t speak for sunnbeaches, but here are mine:

BA, Statistics; MA, Applied Statistics; PhD, Epidemiology; graduate student researcher in a statistics department that has served as Data Coordinating Center for dozens of multi-center, multi-national clinical trials; three years of training in a cardiovascular epidemiology program funded by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute; Director of Biostatistics at a major research center; Assistant Professor of Medicine in our medical school; invited speaker at national meetings of the American Diabetes Association, American Heart Association, and American Statistical Association; lead statistician and co-author for over 70 peer-reviewed medical publications and over 100 conference presentations.

Is there a specific question you would like to ask/discuss?

The thread supplies the question posed.

It’s not an attack on the author, it is a dismissal of you based on your drumbeat of nonsense. I merely pointed out the author is still relying on pharmaceuticals while voicing a concern that there may be some with flawed research support. That’s not something entirely novel. I would be interested in hearing from @ActivitiesGuy.althiugh I can find his other threads. Not the thread for serious discussion

Hah!! My image of Zep at this moment:

Second this. This is such a potentially good topic, but I flatly refuse to entertain the troll.

No, it doesn’t. The thread begins with a link to an eight-year old blog post and calls it a “bombshell.”

If you would like to discuss anything here, ask me a specific question, and I will be happy to give thoughts on the matter.

I don’t mind answering questions here - just ask me a question or two and I’ll do my best.

Honestly, it’s hard to write something meaningful when the topic posed is so broad. The thread will probably be more productive (or at least easier to read/digest) if it’s something like a Q-and-A format.

So the author is deamonizing ALL pharmaceuticals?

As impressive as your credentials may be in your chosen field they do not include contract law and corporate charter objectives.

Well what does the thread talk about?