Bolton's World Record DL

Quick semi hijack, does anyone know where to get the results from the weekend of lifting, especially HUGE Chuck V’s numbers.

worldpowerlifting.org/index.cfm?page=results.cfm

thats em there they are dived by women-mid weight

then theres the men heavy/SHW cat

then the bench press

chuck did a 1162.5k total!

[quote]ZEB wrote:
DLboy wrote:
My prediction is that there isn’t going to be any screwing around, and that next time Benedikt Magnusson is going straight for the grand.

Do you think he’ll do that little dance when he goes after it?

I really wish he would drop that-but then again it has served him well.[/quote]

I like Bendikt’s style, very few people get that passionate about anything.

I talked to Benedict at the Arnold. He was very nice to my son. Tommy was impressed that he did that 970 and he was impressed that tommy did a 180 lb deadlift at 75 pounds and 11 years old the day before at Westside.

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
ZEB wrote:
DLboy wrote:
My prediction is that there isn’t going to be any screwing around, and that next time Benedikt Magnusson is going straight for the grand.

Do you think he’ll do that little dance when he goes after it?

I really wish he would drop that-but then again it has served him well.

I like Bendikt’s style, very few people get that passionate about anything.
[/quote]

AGREED!

[quote]tom63 wrote:
I talked to Benedict at the Arnold. He was very nice to my son. Tommy was impressed that he did that 970 and he was impressed that tommy did a 180 lb deadlift at 75 pounds and 11 years old the day before at Westside.[/quote]

Congrats to your son!

That takes a lot of mental effort for someone that age.

[quote]gerthebear wrote:
chuck did a 1162.5k total![/quote]

So did Marc Bartley; he was just 6lbs fatter.

[quote]RickJames wrote:
gerthebear wrote:

So did Marc Bartley; he was just 6lbs fatter.[/quote]

I think he’d prefer “less lean”.

[quote]RickJames wrote:
gerthebear wrote:

So did Marc Bartley; he was just 6lbs fatter.[/quote]

This is just such a stupid rule. You basically downplay the whole weight class thing by grouping the two classes as heavyweights, yet still use the bodyweight rule. Really, it is just smart to come in weighing as much as possible (275) if you’re going to come in as a heavyweight.

This is not to take anything away from Chuck, though. He is definitely one of my favorite lifters, and his family actually sat right behind me during the finals. Both he and Marc put on unbelievable showings.

[quote]gerthebear wrote:
Truly amazing lift…
but credit to Jeff lewis who actually WON the SHW category with a 550 squat!!!any vids of that?[/quote]

I actually do have a video of that. Mike Miller and a foreign lifter also attempted it. They both got much deeper than Lewis. Miller wobbled at the top, and I guess they called the other guy (whose name is escaping me) for dipping a tad on the way up.

I will try to put those videos up. Until then, here is a picture of me and big Mike. (Who dropped 100lbs since last year and was an incredibly nice guy.)

This was an awesome lift. I watched it a couple days ago…I’m impressed.

Pretty badass.