Bolt 9.69 Olympic & WR 100M!

The Legend continues!!! This young man is unstoppable. MJs 200M WR is in trouble!!!

Just watched it, that was pretty amazing. He could have gone faster though!

Bring on the influx of 6’5" sprinters.

LR

The Link

Simply the best

That was AMAZING.

Donovan Bailey was doing colour commentating for the CBC and he said Bolt is still a work in progress and has lot’s of aspects to improve upon (including getting stronger). He expects Bolt to someday go in the 9.5s and possibly go sub 9.5.

[quote]Ruggerlife wrote:
That was AMAZING.

Donovan Bailey was doing colour commentating for the CBC and he said Bolt is still a work in progress and has lot’s of aspects to improve upon (including getting stronger). He expects Bolt to someday go in the 9.5s and possibly go sub 9.5.[/quote]

There are a number of factors that indicate that Bolt would have had at least 9.59 or so if everything fell into place. First of all, his celebration which included thumping his chest from about 75 meters on.

Second, he ran 9.69 with absolutlely no wind (+/-0.0)! You are allowed up to 2.0 meters per second aiding wind by IAAF standards. Figuring in altitude and the absence of wind, his 100 meter race is the fastest ever run intrinsically, despite his celebration!

The third thing to consider, is the Olympic final was run at 10:30 pm Beijing time after having run a total of four races in two days.

Imagine, what a fresh Bolt, no celebration, and a little bit of wind can do!!

I feel sorry for Asafa Powell. He has just put himself at the top of the choke list. He just can’t seem to put it together when it counts.

He also had the slowest reaction time out of the whole group, get him a little better on the reaction a little stronger and give him a wind and I believe he will go sub 9.5 and I don’t see that record going down for a LONG time.

Bolt could easily get the 200m record, as well as the 400m I believe. That would be amazing to see him do it also. Hell lets get him long jumping and high jumping also, he could be an all around freak.

I’ve heard that Bolt is going to try to get in a handstand, a moonwalk and a 600 pound bench before winning the 200…

If you examine his split times, from 60 to 80 meters he was running about 43.9 Kph or roughly 27.2 mph! That’s faster than anyone ever recorded.

I could believe that Phelps perhaps isn’t juicing, it’s just that I find it improbable.

The jamaicans, lLOLOLlololololoLLOLOLOllolol…
oh, now my tummy hurts!

He had a slow start and was goffing arounf at the end.

BTW, on of his triple medal female teammates improved by over half a second in half a year.
I guess mercury just smiled upon Jamaica?

if you think about it, must be hard to goff around in less then 10seconds…
fast guy

Lets just say the biggest party will be in Jamaica. It will last a long long time!

It’s amazing how many other countries have used Jamaician sprinters to bring their country the gold.

Now it’s Jamaica’s turn to shine in the sun.

Stop hating on the Jamaicans!!! Just appreciate!!! I warned you about this :slight_smile:

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
I could believe that Phelps perhaps isn’t juicing, it’s just that I find it improbable.

The jamaicans, lLOLOLlololololoLLOLOLOllolol…
oh, now my tummy hurts!

He had a slow start and was goffing arounf at the end.

BTW, on of his triple medal female teammates improved by over half a second in half a year.
I guess mercury just smiled upon Jamaica?
[/quote]

its all the ganja obviously

That is pure speed. I thought I saw speed before, but that is just lightning fast.

shizen

its all the ganja obviously

Oh hell no!!! Oh no you didn’t. Every time a Jamaican does something someone has to reach in their ass and pull out a Coli Budzs comment. As I mentioned earlier. Don’t hate!! Appreciate!! :slight_smile:

200m in 19.30!

[quote]spiderman739 wrote:
200m in 19.30![/quote]

In a 0.9m/s headwind at sea level! Crazy.

I didn’t think I would live to see 19.32 go down.

What the fuck.

[quote]Dopa wrote:
spiderman739 wrote:
200m in 19.30!

In a 0.9m/s headwind at sea level! Crazy.[/quote]

Agreed.

It looked as though he split the bend in well under 10. Given the right conditions he will go sub 19.

[quote]belligerent wrote:
I didn’t think I would live to see 19.32 go down.

What the fuck. [/quote]

Let alone into a fucking 0.9 headwind.