Boilerman Wants It All

There’s a ton of sugar in a gallon of milk—more sugar than protein! I’m not in HS anymore, haha! But Pwn said something about drinking it as a way connect with those who came before, and that really appeals to me. Besides, if I’m gonna run it, I’ve got to run it, you know?

So, yeah, I’ll likely commit to GOMAD.

2 Likes

You might consider Fairlife milk for a lower sugar option. Not as kind on the wallet though

2 Likes

My HEB has an “ultrafiltered” milk called Mootopia. More protein and half the sugar.

3 Likes

@T3hPwnisher @jdm135 thanks for the recommendations guys I will have to see if either are available at the store

1 Like

BBBB W6D4

Axle OHP

33x10
53x10
83x5
108x5
128x5
138x5

5x10 at 108
SS
5x10 pause axle row at 108

Axle curl 1 x 200

25lb bumper plate raise 5x10

That concludes BBBB. Back to work tomorrow and 531 with widowmakers starts this coming Thursday.

7 Likes

COVID must not be beating you up too badly then, eh?

Nope, almost not at all.

I’m guessing my wife became contagious around the 29th or 30th of December without symptoms (she became symptomatic on the 31st) which is likely when I got it…

I started showing symptoms (sore throat and light-headed) on the 2nd and have been basically 85-90% normal since then. Still a bit dehydrated and light headed, but the sore throat is gone. Overall I’ve had about one day of feeling “off”. I was approved to go back to work by the DOH yesterday, but I may take tomorrow off as well due to it only being 7 days since I started showing symptoms.

3 Likes

Before dinner

250 pushups

Eating the last skirt steak tonight. I definitely need to order more of those.

8 Likes

Hey Boilerman, do you feel 100%?

Hey bro, not even close haha. I feel worse this week being back at work, but it’ll be fine. Just super tired and foggy. Thanks for asking dude

1 Like

531 WM W1D1

Squat
135x5
185x5
225x5
265x5
300x5
340x5

Squat 265x20
(take off shoes and sleeves)
Deadlift 300x8, 250x12

NG chins
5 x explosive up, 10 second negative
2x10 TnG
5 x explosive up, 10 second negative

9 Likes

You strong.

2 Likes

Thanks dude

So after watching back the video a couple times, it’s apparent that my squat form is horrible. I think it looks decent in the top set video, but the other angle sheds some light on it. It doesn’t feel bad while I’m squatting but it definitely needs improvement. Anyone is welcome to add in some thoughts on it, otherwise I’ll just scroll through some form videos on YouTube.

One thing I’ll mention is I’ve noticed my feet have been closer together and feet pointed more towards parallel than before. Initially it felt better and stronger but it makes me wonder if having my feet be further apart and toes pointed more outwards would help?

Another quick note- took pre-work out today for the first time in a long time and I wasn’t really into it. I’m probably going to keep it out for the time being and likely not take it again. I’m going to start using creatine every day (if I remember), it’d be cool to see some effect from it.

2 Likes

I’m about 3 miles from a squat expert but I don’t think yours looks “terrible”, it honestly looks pretty solid, just a bit high. My only advice is to change slowly, messing with too many variables leads to impossible-to-decipher results and stagnation, in my experience (I’ve done this more times than I should’ve). You’re in a good place now, don’t break something that doesn’t need fixing just make slight alterations. Fwiw, angling my feet outward helps me a lot but I’m squatting highbar, at the moment.

I’ve also been meaning to get back on the creatine trend I have a bucket that expired like 3 months ago in my kitchen, I can’t imagine what could go wrong with that, I’ll try and add it before coffee, see if I can feel anything either.

2 Likes

That sounds good man, I will definitely take it one change at a time. I might slowly start bringing my feet apart on the warm up sets and see where it’s comfortable but still strong. I’m pretty happy with the weight I’m squatting, and even with my form “issues” I feel like I can still progress with it the way it is.

Yeah man I had about a year of regular use and then I just stopped for some reason. I find it hard to remember to take it every day haha. I think mine is a bit more than 3 months expired… It’s been sitting in my kitchen cupboard for a loonnnggggg time

1 Like

Pretend you’re drilling your feet into the ground, you should feel your ass tighten. Simultaneously drill your feet, squeeze your ass tight, and squat straight down.

Keep the tension on your ass and hammies and the drilled in feet.

2 Likes

Thanks man I will definitely give those cues a whirl next week

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with a close stance squat, but while you are using a close stance, your body is squatting like you’re using a wide stance. What’s happening is your torso is running into your quads and you have nowhere to go from there, so you fold over for a little more depth and then come back up.

A close stance squatter squats BETWEEN their knees: not over them. Like this

Notes: My sound is off. I have no idea what they’re saying in this video. I’m just referring to the squat at the very beginning.

This requires a high bar position. However, you seem to be setting up more of a low bar squat. You’ll still want to squat between your knees, but some forward lean will occur, which is fine. For an example of the extreme succeeding at this, here you go

Big thing I see is this: your knees need to not come so far forward, because it’s not giving you any room to bring your hips back. Sink the hips a little further back, push the knees out, and you should have room to hit depth.

3 Likes

This also helps for stability. You know how you can scrunch up your toes. When I squat, I scrunch up my big toe and pinky toe and then I drill my feet into the ground in an outwards motion. The scrunched up pinky toe, big toe, and heel kind of transforms your foot into a tripod. This helps you balance the weight on your mid foot while squatting. As long as you keep the feet drilled in that motion your knees should be shoved out enough, thus opening up your hips.

1 Like