Boilerman Wants It All

WooHOOOOOOOO!!! Way to go man!

1 Like

Thanks dude! This whole deepwater thing is pretty fucking wild when it comes to strength gains.

I was hitting 345 for singles after the last run, and 385x1 is my personal best from that time as well. If I continue feeling the way I feel right now, I’m going to absolutely trash my old PRs on every lift.

2 Likes

Took the day off today so I had some extra time to cook dinner, and at a reasonable time as well.

Venison back strap, salted to hell, Montreal steak seasoning and butter/garlic.

6 Likes

Today I learned that venison is deer/elk meat. What is the texture and taste like boilerman?

Texture and taste is kind of similar to a really lean grass fed beef I guess? The back strap was definitely a lot less grainy or stringy than a comparable cut of beef. Taste is good, pretty gamey, so a little bit if a funk to it. Also it is VERY bloody (although I have been corrected by a relative, it’s actually hemoglobin?)

I like venison and I’d eat it more often if I had better access to it. I rely on people who hunt to hook me up haha.

2 Likes

Venison is one of my favourites, I wish I had better access though.

When my family lived in the states, we had family friends who hunted and they’d give us some. My grandma would smoke it in the garage (note: smoke= coals in a wok in a cardboard box with a rusty rack covered with an old rice bag)

2 Likes

That’s pretty awesome haha. It is doing the exact same thing as a smoker you can buy… just $200 less expensive.

How did she keep the temperature down in there? I normally put foil baking pans filled with water under the meat on a long cook on the grill (turkeys or ribs, big stuff like that). Did she just use very small amounts of charcoal?

The wok was quite small (20in diameter) so the amount of charcoal was very little

1 Like

I’m the exact same. Love venison, but I’m no hunter. I offer to pull the carcas out of the woods: use my skills, haha.

1 Like

lol exactly. I’d definitely like to learn how to hunt, though. I just can’t justify the time needed in order to do it… I’m already not home enough haha.

1 Like

W2D2

Bench
120x8
135x8
160x8
195x8 (RPE8)(PR?)

DB skull crusher at 25lb
5x12

DB fly SS db press
3 sets

Might’ve hit another PR? Again, I’m not quite sure. I can’t remember many of my rep PRs before the first run of DW. Doesn’t matter anyway, I had a few left in the tank.

Pushed the fly and press SS way harder today. Got a huge stretch at the bottom. I have a feeling this could be absolutely brutal once the weight gets a little bit heavier.

Deadlifting tomorrow after work. Packing a.lunch tonight so I’ll be sure to have food.

8 Likes

W2D3

Front squat
45x5
95x5
125x5
145x5

Deadlift
225x6
275x6
330x6
375x6

BB row
4x8 at 150lb

VB row
3x20 at 120lb

Worked 11hrs yesterday and 5 this morning, so I have a press day tomorrow and conditioning either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Front squat felt good today. I was able to actually rack the bar as opposed to zombie style. Hopefully they keep getting better and better.

I did hook grip throughout DLs. Felt pretty good, I just have to get used to locking it in. It definitely felt better as far as setup and bracing is concerned than when using straps.

Deadlift 375x6

7 Likes

Great job boilerman! Did you decide to make a switch to deadstop?

Yup I sure did. Trying to get a little bit better off the floor. I feel like that’s where I fail, so more practice from a dead stop is what I think I need.

It’s not permanent though… I really like tng deadlifts for how difficult they are but I see how dead stop serves a purpose, too.

2 Likes

You know, I always wondered if there’s a program out there that incorporates both.

Any program that includes deadlifts incorporates both: it’s up to the trainee to determine when they want to employ them.

2 Likes

W2D4

Strict axle press
83x10
103x8
133x8
133x8
133x5
93x12

Axle curl x 162

DB raise at 12.5lb
4x20

Face pull
3x20

Dip +25lb
x20
x16

Really liking the layout of the press day on this program. Super pumped and feeling decent. Pretty sure I need to add some food in though. Feeling/looking light.

4 Likes

@tlgains I agree with pwn

I’m planning on some heavy pulls so more practice off the floor should be beneficial.

I personally like TnG just due to the constant tension in my hamstrings and glutes when I do them. Makes higher rep stuff absolutely suck.

1 Like

Conditioning

20 on/ 10 off
15 minutes

Empty log viper
Side lateral raise (3 rounds then cut this out)
Axle clean at 103lb
BW dip (5 rounds then cut)
Axle clean and FS (last 3 rounds cleaned to zercher)

Trying to find a way to slow down muscular failure so I can get more.rounds in. This kept me breathing heavy and sweating my ass off. Might do LV, AC, Dip, FS next week and keep the raises out.

3 Likes

Inspired by @tlgains, a dinner picture

3/4lb shaved ribeye
Whole avocado
3 pieces of bacon

After, going to hit a jar of almond butter and some cottage cheese.

6 Likes