Boilerman Wants It All

We have a family rule at the dinner table that boils down to “family meal adjacent”. We don’t make special meals per se, everyone is eating the same thing, but we allow permutations of it. I talked before about how we were all having pot roast one time and my kid had it mixed in with mac-n-cheese, well my wife goes a similar way: she makes it into a pot roast sandwich. Some sourdough bread and a good white cheese can change things, and, of course, ketchup is the universal solvent.

For me, fish stick night becomes fish taco night, haha.

It absolutely will when paired with how you eat. Just a great way to make use of additional calories AND to ensure that the muscle building stimulus is staying active all day. It’s nice to get in little bits of activity here and there vs all in one big lump.

1 Like

PTI, but you touched on this in the podcast when talking about the pandemic (taking out the trash and getting chins in, I think), as did the ChongLord. This perspective has been a game-changer for me: I’m doing so much more now because I’m willing to work in 10-30 minute chunks, which is not a perspective I had even just 6 months ago.

@boilerman - you’ll go far with this!

2 Likes

That’s a nice way to be able to enjoy dinner as a family- I like that idea and my wife and I actually do something kind of similar. Mostly we share vegetables and have different meats, though.

This is all I needed to hear, haha. I still feel the DW effect, but I think adding a bit of extra work on top and some additional food could do my body some good.

@SvenG I think that was the part of the podcast that got to me, it made me realize just how much extra time I DO have to train, whether it’s 5 minutes or half an hour.

Thanks for the encouragement dude!

2 Likes

W3D2

Bench
125x8
145x8
175x8
(20 minute phone call so that I wouldn’t have to go out)
205x5

BB skull crusher at 65lb
5x12

Flat DB fly SS db press at 27.5lb
3 sets amrap

Phone call kind of threw me out of the groove, opted to not re-warm back up. Was supposed to go for 8 reps but it just wasn’t there. I’m not terribly concerned about it. Work tomorrow AM, then deadlifts and I may end the day with the belt squat stripset.

4 Likes

Before leaving for work

50 dips
3x10 chins

6 Likes

W3D3

Front squat
65x5
95x5
125x5
155x5

Deadlift
225x5
295x5
390x5

BB row
4x8 at 155lb

VB row
3x20 at 125lb

Started losing my left thumb on rep four if the 390 set, so instead of stopping I just grabbed the straps and knocked out the last rep. Wish I had practiced hook more often before starting this, but such is life. Likely going to have to use straps from here on out for the top sets.

Depending on how the remainder of today goes I may sneak in a belt squat session. The landmine is still set up from the VB rows.

Weighed myself after work out of curiosity, clocked in at a whopping 199lb. I’m feeling good physically, but with the extra work I’m throwing in, I’m going to be adding some food.

8 Likes

STRONGGGG!!! Is that a deadlift pr dude?

1 Like

Thanks dude! No not a rep PR. I’ve hit 405x6 TnG a few months ago

1 Like

Nice, those reps looked easy for you.

1 Like

First thing in the AM
Pull ups 4x10
100 BPA

W3D4 (an hour ago)

Strict axle press
33x10
83x10
103x10
133x7
133x6
133x6 RP 3 RP 1

Side raise at 15lb
3x20

Axle curl
1x165

Dip BW +35lb

Spent 6 hours between yesterday and today raking wet leaves onto a tarp and hauling them to the back yard. My upper body is pretty lit up right now. I’ll be hitting the belt squat strip set tonight or tomorrow after work, then conditioning on Tuesday.

I have a 2.5lb grass fed chuck roast cooking right now, should be ready around 7 pm so I’ll be sure to post up pics.

7 Likes

Chin SS belt squat

Chin x 12
Belt squat at 145
Chin x 11
Belt squat at 135
Chin x 8
Belt squat at 125
Chin x 8
Belt squat at 120
Chin x 8
Belt squat at 95
Chin x 8

Set a stopwatch before the first set of chins, ended up with 15 minutes of work. Super sweaty, quads are toasty.

Totaled 95 chins so far, so after I type this I’m going to hit 5 more to make it an even 100 for the day.

8 Likes

7 Likes

13 hour day at work, walked directly into the garage

100 bw dips

x 30, 20, 16, 16, 12, 6

Conditioning tomorrow

8 Likes

That’s so many hours sheesh. Well at least you’re making big boiler buckaroos.

1 Like

Starting week 4 on Thursday. This is where things are going to get interesting. I’ll be in uncharted territory on the main lifts for the majority of the remainder of the program.

I’m finding it difficult to estimate the weights I should be using, especially for bench and squat. I feel as though I’m overestimating my bench strength and underestimating my squats.

In any case, I’m on track to PR on the lifts I care most about, the squat and deadlift. I think I’ll be able to hit a decent PR on OHP as well by week 8. If I’m feeling really good and strong one press day I may just shoot for the moon and see what I can do.

It’s very possible I could triple my previous DL PR, and I hope that will translate well to a heavy single. I’ve put in a lot of work (and plan to continue doing so) for this 5 plate DL. I’m also thinking a 405x3 squat is on the table as well.

Diet has been spot on these past few weeks, so I need to keep it up. The piedmontese is coming tomorrow so I’ll have a decent amount of good food to slam down the next few weeks.

6 Likes

You see they’re doing a sale of 25% off everything until New Years? I JUST got an order in and already I wanna just buy all the bison in the world, haha.

You’re absolutely crushing it dude. Great to see.

I was not aware of that and I wish I didn’t know because I feel the same way haha. Time for another order I guess…

Thank you dude! Means a lot coming from someone as bonkers as you.

I’m attempting to get as pwn-esque as time allows and am looking forward to winning the one year “most improved” T-ransformation challenge coming up.

3 Likes

103lb log viper grace in 4:03

80 BW dips

6 Likes

Good luck with that, I’m planning on winning both this year!

3 Likes

lol I was waiting for someone to comment on that.

See you in the ring buddy!

2 Likes