Bogus About Prisoners

I watch a lot of Lockup Raw shows as well as other documentaries on prison life. I also know a few people that have done some time in jails and prisons.

And with only a few exceptions, I’ve never seen on TV or knew anyone that does or did time in prison that have physiques worthy of winning a bodybuilding show or were jaw-dropping!

But yet the fascination with prisoners’ physiques continues and I still see people writing and hear people saying that the need for high-quality, high-protein diets is unnecessary because, after all, prisoners are so darn jacked!

If you take a look at some of the shows, which take place in MAJOR, super-max prisons like Attica, San Quentin, and Folsom, you’ll see that, although most of the guys are in “decent shape”, hardly any are highly ranked in the size department. Most of them have physiques that can be had after a year or two of SEMI-serious weight training.

And to say that there’s no need for a high-protein, high-quality diet because that’s not the sort of diet that’s provided in prison to some jacked dudes is faulty logic; there ARE ways of getting enough protein and calories for the more nutritionally inclined and connected people in prison. I don’t know any dietitians working in prison right now (I’ve only met one in my life some time ago), but I doubt that they serve a diet of less than 2,500 to 3,000 calories per day. If they can obtain just a bit more food, they can consume about 4,000 calories per day, not an insanely high caloric amount, but not chickenfeed either.

semen also delivers some high quality protein. anal uptake is the most effective method. this is the prison secret.

[quote]snoopabu3 wrote:
semen also delivers some high quality protein. anal uptake is the most effective method. this is the prison secret. [/quote]

Hey jerk-off, you’re a funny guy.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
snoopabu3 wrote:
semen also delivers some high quality protein. anal uptake is the most effective method. this is the prison secret.

Hey jerk-off, you’re a funny guy. [/quote]

semen, jerk-off… teehee

They train everyday and their bodies and cns has adapted to it. If you’re doing twenty years behind bars I don’t think you’d be to worried about over training. Just proves that all these fancy smancy programs and supplements are good, but not imperative.

Prisoners are not going to be as jacked as a serious trainee in the real world. Let’s get real, equipment will not be as good, the amount of time to train using weights can be limited and I know that weights are not always accessable at all prisons. The quality of food and supplements is not going to be the same. The only thing they got going for them is all the time in the world to do anything, but pushups and chinups will not build Ronnie Coleman, and even those that use weights will be limited in some ways, mainly nutritionally and also because most criminals lack common sense…

Moral of the story, don’t go to jail if you want to be the biggest l, strongest mother fucker eva!

Most of the big guys were big before going to prison, though it isn’t as though everyone in prison is small and weak.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3349130914020546418#

[quote]mr popular wrote:
Most of the big guys were big before going to prison, though it isn’t as though everyone in prison is small and weak.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3349130914020546418#[/quote]

I didn’t click on the movie cause I can’t play it on my phone(fucking no flash on the iPhone…), but if it’s the one I think it is, the biggest bench out of all those guys was like 415, 425, something I can almost do…and the squats were mid 5’s and I’m talking about the strongest dudes. Some of the other lifts were nothing to brag about. Put these dudes I’m a real gym with real food and supps and you’d have some impressive lifts. 405 on bench is nothing to sneeze at, but it’s not uncommon.

I used to work in prison and most inmates are not in good shape…

[quote]younggully wrote:
They train everyday and their bodies and cns has adapted to it. If you’re doing twenty years behind bars I don’t think you’d be to worried about over training. Just proves that all these fancy smancy programs and supplements are good, but not imperative. [/quote]

OK, what does this have to do with my post?

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
mr popular wrote:

I didn’t click on the movie cause I can’t play it on my phone(fucking no flash on the iPhone…), but if it’s the one I think it is, the biggest bench out of all those guys was like 415, 425, something I can almost do…and the squats were mid 5’s and I’m talking about the strongest dudes. Some of the other lifts were nothing to brag about. Put these dudes I’m a real gym with real food and supps and you’d have some impressive lifts. 405 on bench is nothing to sneeze at, but it’s not uncommon. [/quote]
I agree that low 400’s is not jaw dropping. However, at least for benching, the guys were doing competition style (pause and lift) when I was expecting them to bounce and hump the hell out of it. I do not know how you lift but if I had to max out competition style, it would be lot lower than if I was doing it like a normal lap.

[quote]ghdtpdna wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:
mr popular wrote:

I didn’t click on the movie cause I can’t play it on my phone(fucking no flash on the iPhone…), but if it’s the one I think it is, the biggest bench out of all those guys was like 415, 425, something I can almost do…and the squats were mid 5’s and I’m talking about the strongest dudes. Some of the other lifts were nothing to brag about. Put these dudes I’m a real gym with real food and supps and you’d have some impressive lifts. 405 on bench is nothing to sneeze at, but it’s not uncommon.
I agree that low 400’s is not jaw dropping. However, at least for benching, the guys were doing competition style (pause and lift) when I was expecting them to bounce and hump the hell out of it. I do not know how you lift but if I had to max out competition style, it would be lot lower than if I was doing it like a normal lap.
[/quote]

I don’t bounce nor do I hump the bar or lift my ass off the bench, but I will admit my lifts to be touch and go, my point was these are grown ass men and I’m a teen.

You have to realize that to the average sedentary person, anyone with arms much over 15-16" is considered “big”…or at least bigger than any of them are getting by hardly ever working out. therefore, any group that even shows marginal progress gets labeled as jacked permanently…and I agree, many of the bigger guys were already bigger before they ever went to jail.

It is the same bullshit as those who think going to bootcamp somehow makes you jacked…simply because some underweight guys may actually gain a little. the truth is, anyone with any real size on them will probably lose size during bootcamp and anyone truly getting that much more defined as a result of it was likely damn near immobile before they went in.

People like to believe in short cuts…as in, the hard work isn’t what got them big, there must be something MAGICAL about prison or bootcamp that somehow makes men out of weaklings.

I guess if being incarcerated is the only way you can get some people to actually lift weights with seriousness and intensity, it shows that some simply do not have it in them unless their fucking lives are at risk.

[quote]mr popular wrote:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3349130914020546418# [/quote]

I do not get why there seems to be a trend of guys repeating what they’re saying three, four, fime times in a row, kn’msayin,kn’msayin, kn’msain?

I work in a prison in England and the max gym time the prisoners can get is 4 times a week. This is not the same for all prisons. The budget allowed to feel a prisoner is less than £2.50 per day. Physique wise there ar one or two genetic freaks but nothing that would win a local show let alone anything bigger.

The only thing prison/jail training has over the outside is the atmosphere and motivation. Working out to show that you’re out for survival will make excuses and obstacles go away. Fear is very motivating.

[quote]Pretzel Logic wrote:
The only thing prison/jail training has over the outside is the atmosphere and motivation. Working out to show that you’re out for survival will make excuses and obstacles go away. Fear is very motivating.[/quote]

So is anger. Either way, unless someone has a driving force behind their actions…something that pushes them to keep going when everything in their body is telling them to quit, there is no way someone can reach their full potential.

And let’s face it, most of the people who log in here don’t seem to have that kind of fire motivating them. They will waste time getting bogged down in “theory” but when it comes to giving everything they have in the gym, the way they look shows they just don’t have it.

That is what guys in prison have…some form of motivation, at least when it comes to the ones who actually are fairly built.

All people here seem to have is excuses.

I’m motivated to stay out of prison.

[quote]Rational Gaze wrote:
I’m motivated to stay out of prison.[/quote]

Too bad that won’t help you stretch the sleeves of a t-shirt.